PDA

View Full Version : My IN DEPTH Demo Review- Request What It NEEDS!

Pages : [1] 2

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 06:51 PM
O.K. IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS DO NOT READ BELOW!
--------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-------------------------------
When you first boot up the game you see a detailed, grimy, and shadowed model of Sams face. The options on the menu are New Game, Load Game, Training, Co-Op, Spies vs Mercenaries, and Options. In the demo instead of multiplayer options it has Co-Op Trailer and SvM Trailer. Selecting New Game gives you the option of 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, and Hard. After choosing your difficulty a loading screen starts up. It consits of a repeating video on the level with a tip and some misssion backround. You are then brought to the Mission Briefing screen. This has a picture of your contact you have selected and he gives you info on the mission. You have 5 contacts:
Colnel Irving Lambert
Anna Grimsdottir
William Redding
Captian Arthur Partridge
and Douglas Shetland

Now the load out screen...all have a knife!
Redding-Sc20k Launcher with Foregrip
SC Pistol with OCP
3 Sticky Cameras
3 Sticky Shockers
3 Airfoil Rounds
2 Flash Grenades
Stealth-Sc20k Launcher (Less ammo than Redding)
SC Pistol with OCP(Less ammo)
5 Sticky Cameras
4 Sticky Shockers
4 Airfoil Rounds
2 Flash Grenades
Assault-Sc20k Shotgun Attachment(most ammo)
SC Pistol with OCP(most ammo)
5 Frag Grenades
3 Flash Grenades

Now for the objectives: WARNING SPOILERS!!!

Primary
Recover or Destroy Info about the Masse Kernels
Rescue Morgenholt(Gets Canceled)
Discover Where the Rebels Acquired their Weaopons and Equipment
Secondary
Eliminate Hugo Larcerda(Gets away-not possible)
Opportunity
Scan the SSC Barcodes of Delivered Crates(5 of them)

There is no strong language except for an occasional "What the hell was that", and there is very little blood. There IS however a brutal torture scene with defribalators(hehe).

There also is NO loadtimes in level.

I am not going to go through the entire level because I dont want to spoil it for those who dont have the demo- I will however tell you highpoints on the level.

Here are the NEW things included in demo:
SC20k Shotgun
SC20k Foregrip
Knife
Ambidexterous Shooting
EMF Vision
Loadouts
Closer Than Ever
Inverted Neck Snap
Ledge Pull
OCP
Sound Meter
I will add more as I remember!

Moves- L= Left Trigger R= Right Trigger

Holding Trigger lets you pick up body in one move!

When Grabbed L= Strong Choke R= Knee in spine

Behind= L=Punch in pressure point R= Kicks knee out and stabs back

Front L=The Omega Punch R=Stabs Stomach

Side L= Grabs enemy arm and kick legs out(KO)
R= Stabs Ribs

Above A=Grab and Strangle

Below A= Grab and Pull over ledge

Enemy Stats:
You can interrogate around 16 enemys in game(almost every one) and each one has something to say, sometimes funny, sometimes serious. Oh and Sams quips are hillarious. When they are alerted they will drw their weapons light flares, change their patrols periodically, and search in strange places. When you are spotted they will run, roll, divee, or even flip over things for cover. After that they scream for backup and try to flank you. THERE ARE NO ALARMS. Once you are spotted that person and the people around him are more alert and will stay that way until you kill him.

NOW for the actual review:

Good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-The new moves in the game are used often(2 inverted neck snaps in first level and 3 ledge pulls in first level, but you cant split jump in demohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif)unlike SC or SC:PT where you used them 3 or 4 times in the whole game.

-The weapon attachments are amazing! The first time you blow a baddie across the room with the shotgun you will squeal with joy! The sticky cam and the diversion cam is one and you cant pick it up after you use it twice. The airfoil now shoots straighter as does the sticky shocker.

-The animations are top notch! The way Sam stops immedietaly and then lowers is great, and the closer then ever animation is tense.

- The graphics will blow your mind out. Just belive me. Fog, bumps, shaodws, and wheather is breath taking.

- The ability to choose loadouts is neat although there is no custom loadout.

- The AI is pretty good. Definately better than the first two, but they still fall for the same tricks over and over.

- The OCP is extremely useful. Now they will realise every bulb shot out no matter what so it is extreemly important.

Bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Only one thing:
The noise meter can drive you a little nuts. Its hard to remember because I am not used to regulating my sound this much but its not a HUGE deal.

?????
These things may bug some:

-The controls are a little different as is the camera controls

-People might miss the SWAT turn and the back to wall shooting.

-The split jump where Sam leaned against the wall is gone.(From PT)
_

-
-
AND THATS THAT! Feedback people! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 06:51 PM
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When you first boot up the game you see a detailed, grimy, and shadowed model of Sams face. The options on the menu are New Game, Load Game, Training, Co-Op, Spies vs Mercenaries, and Options. In the demo instead of multiplayer options it has Co-Op Trailer and SvM Trailer. Selecting New Game gives you the option of 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, and Hard. After choosing your difficulty a loading screen starts up. It consits of a repeating video on the level with a tip and some misssion backround. You are then brought to the Mission Briefing screen. This has a picture of your contact you have selected and he gives you info on the mission. You have 5 contacts:
Colnel Irving Lambert
Anna Grimsdottir
William Redding
Captian Arthur Partridge
and Douglas Shetland

Now the load out screen...all have a knife!
Redding-Sc20k Launcher with Foregrip
SC Pistol with OCP
3 Sticky Cameras
3 Sticky Shockers
3 Airfoil Rounds
2 Flash Grenades
Stealth-Sc20k Launcher (Less ammo than Redding)
SC Pistol with OCP(Less ammo)
5 Sticky Cameras
4 Sticky Shockers
4 Airfoil Rounds
2 Flash Grenades
Assault-Sc20k Shotgun Attachment(most ammo)
SC Pistol with OCP(most ammo)
5 Frag Grenades
3 Flash Grenades

Now for the objectives: WARNING SPOILERS!!!

Primary
Recover or Destroy Info about the Masse Kernels
Rescue Morgenholt(Gets Canceled)
Discover Where the Rebels Acquired their Weaopons and Equipment
Secondary
Eliminate Hugo Larcerda(Gets away-not possible)
Opportunity
Scan the SSC Barcodes of Delivered Crates(5 of them)

There is no strong language except for an occasional "What the hell was that", and there is very little blood. There IS however a brutal torture scene with defribalators(hehe).

I am not going to go through the entire level because I dont want to spoil it for those who dont have the demo- I will however tell you highpoints on the level.

Here are the NEW things included in demo:
SC20k Shotgun
SC20k Foregrip
Knife
Ambidexterous Shooting
EMF Vision
Loadouts
Closer Than Ever
Inverted Neck Snap
Ledge Pull
OCP
Sound Meter
I will add more as I remember!

Moves- L= Left Trigger R= Right Trigger

Holding Trigger lets you pick up body in one move!

When Grabbed L= Strong Choke R= Knee in spine

Behind= L=Punch in pressure point R= Kicks knee out and stabs back

Front L=The Omega Punch R=Stabs Stomach

Side L= Grabs enemy arm and kick legs out(KO)
R= Stabs Ribs

Above A=Grab and Strangle

Below A= Grab and Pull over ledge

Enemy Stats:
You can interrogate around 16 enemys in game(almost every one) and each one has something to say, sometimes funny, sometimes serious. Oh and Sams quips are hillarious. When they are alerted they will drw their weapons light flares, change their patrols periodically, and search in strange places. When you are spotted they will run, roll, divee, or even flip over things for cover. After that they scream for backup and try to flank you. THERE ARE NO ALARMS. Once you are spotted that person and the people around him are more alert and will stay that way until you kill him.

-The new moves in the game are used often(2 inverted neck snaps in first level and 3 ledge pulls in first level, but you cant split jump in demohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif)unlike SC or SC:PT where you used them 3 or 4 times in the whole game.

-The weapon attachments are amazing! The first time you blow a baddie across the room with the shotgun you will squeal with joy! The sticky cam and the diversion cam is one and you cant pick it up after you use it twice. The airfoil now shoots straighter as does the sticky shocker.

-The animations are top notch! The way Sam stops immedietaly and then lowers is great, and the closer then ever animation is tense.

- The graphics will blow your mind out. Just belive me. Fog, bumps, shaodws, and wheather is breath taking.

- The AI is pretty good. Definately better than the first two, but they still fall for the same tricks over and over.

- The OCP is extremely useful. Now they will realise every bulb shot out no matter what so it is extreemly important.

Only one thing:
The noise meter can drive you a little nuts. Its hard to remember because I am not used to regulating my sound this much but its not a HUGE deal.

?????

_

-
-
AND THATS THAT! Feedback people! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Thank you.Finally a review.And I'm the type of person who always reads spoilers.So I don't mind.And the split-jump isn't gone because I have seen 4 screens with the split-jump.It's just not in the demo.And they took out the swat turn.I loved that move.And you said the A.I. is pretty good.I was hoping for awesome A.I.But I guess I can live with pretty good.And what did you mean when you said you couldn't use the Sticky cam after 2 times.I hope that was a typo.

dmb1435
02-12-2005, 06:55 PM
i dont have the demo, but i've seen videos of both split jump and back to wall shooting. Are you sure that you can't?

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
UBI actually said they took back-to-wall shooting out.

stalker360
02-12-2005, 06:57 PM
How is the throat cutting???The split jump is still there,check the "death from above"video on IGN.

chokingv22
02-12-2005, 06:59 PM
the split jump isnt gone it shows it in this (http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/683/683200/img_2577758.html) screenshot and what do you mean the jump is gone?

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 06:59 PM
I was about to ask that.Is there throat slitting?If there is then good, now people can be positive it is.

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chokingv22:
the split jump isnt gone it shows it in http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/683/683200/img_2577758.html screenshot and what do you mean the jump is gone? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think they just didn't introduce it in the demo.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:00 PM
No the new split they put in PT where he leaned against the wall is taken out.

The new moves are great. There is no throat slitting. There is choaking and spine breaking.

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah there is!!They have videos on IGN.com

chokingv22
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
ohh i get it.

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:02 PM
NO THROAT CUTTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!HOW CAN THIS BE I SAW THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 07:05 PM
why would you want to do that anyways??

thanks for the review!now i know its the whole first level you get!

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes knife is alllowed I am going to add it now. Thanks for telling me!

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:08 PM
NO THROAT CUTTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:10 PM
All the other stuff makes up for throat cuts. All the good stuff and people whine that you cant open up arteries. Jheez!

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Okay, but I also just deleted that post.Because I didn't realize that you put in the knife attacks.So that made me realize you could use the knife.To bad the demo is only 25 minutes.But the levals are supposed to be 2 or 3 times longer.And the 1st leval on SC(the traning leval) was about 10 minutes.So I guess that is 2 times longer.And also, what does the side stab look like?

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stealthmaster736:
Okay, but I also just deleted that post.Because I didn't realize that you put in the knife attacks.So that made me realize you could use the knife.To bad the demo is only 25 minutes.But the levals are supposed to be 2 or 3 times longer.And the 1st leval on SC(the traning leval) was about 10 minutes.So I guess that is 2 times longer.And also, what does the side stab look like? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That time is a PERFECT RUN. Without being perfect it took me about 45 minutes and thats without experimenting. The side stab look like a thrust in the ribs, just like the front.

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:15 PM
3 different sites said you could cut throats!!!!!!!!!1

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Also, it dosen't really matter but how fast does Sam run.Because I've heard that Sam runs slower then in the previous 2 SC games.

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
No throat cutting?????!!!!

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Sam runs at a decent speed, not much slower you cant notice until you think about it. AND I TOLD YOU NO THROAT CUTS! SHUT UP STALKER!

chokingv22
02-12-2005, 07:22 PM
yes sam does cut throats just go to this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=899100304&m=1401021072&r=3921011072#3921011072) thread

EDIT: sorry the link expired but it was a video showing all of the times sam slit throats in the videos that have been released.

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Now for my next question.In CT you are supposed to be able to interrogate much more people.How many people can you interrogate in the demo.And what info do they give you.I also heard the OCP can do something to guards.Is this true.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:23 PM
You can interrogate about 14. The OCP does not do anyhting to humans.FOR EVERYONE THAT DOES NOT BELIVE ME ABOUT THROATS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! DO YOU HAVE THE GAME???? THERE ARE NO THROAT SLITS THEY WERE CUT!!!

f16cxv
02-12-2005, 07:28 PM
is it VERY violent, or just about like the others...violence wise...

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
I just deleted that post.Yeah, I noticed you edited your post.And also, I'm not even sure if you have tried this yet but can shooting somebody in the head with a sticky cam still knock them out.It could in the 1st 2 SC games.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
No my review states that....look carefully. Same as others except for torture scene which is brief. I just tried that on my 6th run through, and yes you can still knock people out with cams and such.

Sorry if I am confusing people with mulitpule answers in one sentence. i am going very fast so bear with me!

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Good, it's sorta like having infinite ammo...new question, how much ammo does the shotgun have.Because a shotgun fires more then 1 bullet.CT is supposed to have destructible enviorments.Did UBI do a good job with that.And how are the Ragdolls.Sorry for all the questions.

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 07:32 PM
how are the voice-overs.do they use the same voice twice?

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes. But everything else is GREAT! ASK ME ANYTHING GUYS!

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:36 PM
I think he cuts throats!

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Ok.
1) the shotgun has 8 shells then you need to reload
2) The items scattered around have physics but nothing is fully destructible
3)The ragdolls are amazing, they rarely end up in fake poses.

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:41 PM
How does the weather system work.I know that it rains on the light house leval.When Sam gets wet it dosen't look to much like plastic does it.And how are the guards responses to weather.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:43 PM
No sam does not look like plastic. He looks just how wet rubber would look like. The guards moan and change their patrols to stay dry.

MHank89
02-12-2005, 07:45 PM
I have the demo but where can you do an inverted neck snap?

Ninj3r
02-12-2005, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_U_S_A:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
FIRST BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT LISTEN: NO THROAT SLITTING!!!!!!!JUST A STRANGLE!!!!!

This game is the best! Heres my review:

The mission takes up the entire first level(Lighthouse). The whole thing with no retries is about 25 minutes. You recieve the following as gear:
SC20k Launcher
SC20k Shotgun
SC20k Foregrip
All Launcher Thingies
Frags
Flash Bangs
Knife

- The new kills are great. There are at least 3 ways to kill a guy at ANY time now.Here are the moves:
L= Left Trigger,R= Right Trigger
Grab- R= Knee to spine L=Strangle
Behind- L= Punch in spine,pick up body in one move R= Quick whack(loud)
Front- R= Gut Stab L= Punch that breaks nose and causes a little flight(medium noise)
Side- R= Stab in Ribs L= Elbow to knee
Above- L= Strangle R= Elbow Smack to head B= Drop from above X= Pull out gun
Below- A= Pull when enemy is above you(can be looking or walking in any direction)

Only one thing:

?????

_

-
-
AND THATS THAT! Feedback people! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect, Simply perfect.
Thanks a bunch for giving us a proper review
I'm anticipating the game even more now.. This is really not good

If I don't like Chaos Theory, The world is insane.. seriously...
This game will be THE game for me - Without a doubt.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:46 PM
near the outhouse near the torture room and the pole above the winery.
PS- anytime nig3r

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:47 PM
This is probably my biggest question.How does the alarm system work out.If it's not to much trouble can you try to give as much info as you can on the alarm stuff(you could just add it to the review).Talk about things like back-up and going to full alarm(even if it is a stealth game).Please and thank you.Sorry for all the questions.

chaos_theory16
02-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Not bad, thanks or the review. But, how do you know there's no throat slipping. I think they're keeping it until the actual release of the game. Why wuld they include, and then take it out. It makes no sense?

stalker360
02-12-2005, 07:54 PM
He's one of the only people with the demo I don't think he's that selfish.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Ok there is no throat slitting. Dont ask me why.
And I am going to add alarms.

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Are you done dealing with my question about alarms.Because now I have another question.I heard that if Sam needs to quickly get away from an enemy he can actually back away without having to turn around.Is this true.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes and No. He can back up but only very, very slowly and its actually more usefull to just turn and walk away.

EDIT: ALARMS are up.

ceab17
02-12-2005, 08:01 PM
im not reading it. dont want to spoil anything. but thanks a ton for taking the time to do this!

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Another question.How many objectives are there in the demo.Because in CT there are supposed to be multiple objectives you can do to complete the main objective.And what kind of multiple paths are there.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
There are six objectives and 3 are required although 1 gets canceled. The alternate paths are like above or below or closer or farther and there are also multipule paths.

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 08:06 PM
hey how are there alarms in the first mission.in a vid when sam go outside to the tents lambert calls and say "it seems unlikely they will have any alarm system on site".did they take that sketch out and put alarms?

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 08:07 PM
No I put that in the review. There are no offical alarms but enemies are alert.

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 08:09 PM
oh sorry...ok another question then.have you tested the smartness of the a.i.like get into a battle and see what kind of things they do.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Yes they jump on nades, flip over tables for cover, roll when being fired on, take cover, hide, and do many other things.

S.a.S-Akbari
02-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Ah thanx dude^^, heres are some of my questions:

-Do guards turn with u, whenever u turn around them?
-How hard is it to pull of a inverted neck snap, i mean, does the guards see u when u go in position?
-does the game 100% of what u think it was gonna be?
-when knock out a guard, and he get woken up, does his stresss level increase and stay , ore does he ring the alarm, ore does he go and search for u?

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 08:16 PM
thats so cool man!!!!!
i didnt know they roll over tables.i knew all the other stuff.have you found any glitches or bugs or anything??

mortified_dodo
02-12-2005, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_U_S_A:
Yes they jump on nades, flip over tables for cover, roll when being fired on, take cover, hide, and do many other things. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they jump on the grenades to sacrifice themself to help their buddies? Like if there are two guards, you throw a nade, one of them jumps on it, is the reasoning behind it if they didn't jump on it, they would both be killed, so they did the honorable thing kinda?

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortified_dodo:
Yes they jump on nades, flip over tables for cover, roll when being fired on, take cover, hide, and do many other things. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they jump on the grenades to sacrifice themself to help their buddies? Like if there are two guards, you throw a nade, one of them jumps on it, is the reasoning behind it if they didn't jump on it, they would _both_ be killed, so they did the honorable thing kinda? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol i know the answer to that...yes.

mortified_dodo
02-12-2005, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S.a.S-Akbari:
Ah thanx dude^^, heres are some of my questions:

-Do guards turn with u, whenever u turn around them?
-How hard is it to pull of a inverted neck snap, i mean, does the guards see u when u go in position?
-does the game 100% of what u think it was gonna be?
-when knock out a guard, and he get woken up, does his stresss level increase and stay , ore does he ring the alarm, ore does he go and search for u? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you are hanging on a pipe, to do the inverted neck snap, you don't have to be down already, you pull your legs and body up, and when a guy walks underneath you, the interact window pops up, and the game brings your torso down for you so you can reach his neck. You don't have to get into position.

Dark_U_S_A
02-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Ok one at a time:
Akbari:
1)What do you mean?
2)It depends on how dark it is, and if you miss the pole(miss jump) it makes a ton of noise.
3)HELL YA!
4)He tells his buddies then caustiously looks around and stays that way.

Chaos
No

Mortified
Yes they jump to sac themselves

SikoraB
02-12-2005, 08:25 PM
- What about EMF vision? Is it in the demo, and is it usefull at any point?
- Have you tried to get into a firefight, or get spotted? Does the music intensify, and do the guards KEEP looking for you, or do they go back to their thing while saying "that was probably only my imagination" like in the previous games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chaos_Recon
02-12-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SikoraB:
- Have you tried to get into a firefight, or get spotted? Does the music intensify, and do the guards KEEP looking for you, or do they go back to their thing while saying "that was probably only my imagination" like in the previous games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I don't have the demo, I can answer those questions.

1. Yes, you do get EMF in the demo.
2. I remember reading in a preview that enemies recall past events.

stealthmaster736
02-12-2005, 08:32 PM
I have another question.How does the foregrip basicly work.And do you like the foregrip.Because I heard its mainly for helping new players to the series aim.But if you are not new to the series I heard it wouldn't be useful.

mortified_dodo
02-12-2005, 08:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SikoraB:
- Have you tried to get into a firefight, or get spotted? Does the music intensify, and do the guards KEEP looking for you, or do they go back to their thing while saying "that was probably only my imagination" like in the previous games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was pretty funny at times. A guy's buddy gets shot in the head, so he walks around for a couple minutes, then goes back to his post. In a heavy accent: "It must be a treek of de shadows."

SikoraB
02-12-2005, 08:40 PM
FFS GUYS! THEY HE CANT SLIT THROATS! DONT YOU GET IT?! GEEEEZE, FOR TOO LONG IVE BEEN GOOD AND HELPED PEOPLE ALOT!

But now... I give up, there is no sence on these forums, people dont read the whole posts or anything, if you guys read what the first post in this thread says, then you MAYBE would understand why HE cant!

Im with Dark_U_S_A on this one, WHO CARES IF THERE IS THROAT SLITTING! The game is awesome even without it!

Maybe it's time to pull the KU_ stunt... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

lacasabonita
02-12-2005, 08:42 PM
I just want to know, does the blood stick to the ground?

f16cxv
02-12-2005, 08:47 PM
how can you get a OXM without subscirbing?

ChaosTheory13
02-12-2005, 09:01 PM
hey dark U S A whats your email??

h8_jon_kerry
02-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Jeez I've been off SC:CT for so long I didn't even know they had those spy manual pages. Now people are doing demo reviews! LOL

chaos_theory16
02-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Does Sam's feet actually stick to the ground in SC:CT? When he makes his way up a stairwell or any kinds of stairs, does his feet actually stick to the step, or does he somewhat float?

And do they guards feet stick the ground? Or, do they just slide. And before, someone said something like, "do they follow you when they notice you?" I think he was saying, once you run into them, and then back away, and somehow sneak around them without them noticing, will they still see you, always, or will they shoot at the spot they think you are at. Kinda confusing.

And how useful is EMF vision?

AppleJacks-Ck
02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
-The controls are a little different as is the camera controls <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

arg! wtf the camera control was nice freedom of view....i hope they didnt mess it up

mortified_dodo
02-12-2005, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AppleJacks-Ck:
-The controls are a little different as is the camera controls <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

arg! wtf the camera control was nice freedom of view....i hope they didnt mess it up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it just drifts from side to side from time to time, as well as orbiting the player.

AltairX
02-12-2005, 10:48 PM
There is both throat cutting and split jump in the demo.

S.a.S-Akbari
02-12-2005, 11:24 PM
That means we can anticipate the game even more!

SplinterCell_37
02-13-2005, 01:59 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

centuryman
02-13-2005, 04:10 AM
* Link Deleted *
edit: sorry for that, i didn't think enough about it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SoulFire382
02-13-2005, 04:32 AM
*Ahem*

Ohh, look! I might have aciddentally alerted the athourties!

That, centuryman, is illegal. That demo belongs to OXM suscribers, who paid and waited for it. You, like everyone else, has to wait until the 22nd.

MAG-Oldfox
02-13-2005, 04:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DarKA55ASSIN
02-13-2005, 04:57 AM
there is throat slitting because ive seen a vid where he does it from the side(mayb its like tenchu and u have to be standing on the left side or right side of them to do it,u cant do it the other side)and HA HA i was right! no blood except crappy little bits!

pretend3r
02-13-2005, 05:17 AM
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
FIRST BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT LISTEN: NO THROAT SLITTING!!!!!!!JUST A STRANGLE!!!!!

This game is the best! Heres my review:

The mission takes up the entire first level(Lighthouse). The whole thing with no retries is about 25 minutes. You recieve the following as gear:
SC20k Launcher
SC20k Shotgun
SC20k Foregrip
All Launcher Thingies
Frags
Flash Bangs
Knife

Alarms:
When they hear something they will look around and draw their weapon. If they see something they will pull out a flare. No matter how you are detected they will call backup and they will move slower and check everywhere. THERE ARE NO ALARM STAGES OR AMOUNTS TO FAILURE. AGAIN: THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN FAIL IS BY MISSING A MAIN OBJECTIVE OR DYING.

- The new kills are great. There are at least 3 ways to kill a guy at ANY time now.Here are the moves:
L= Left Trigger,R= Right Trigger
Grab- R= Knee to spine L=Strangle
Behind- L= Punch in spine,pick up body in one move R= Quick whack(loud)
Front- R= Gut Stab L= Punch that breaks nose and causes a little flight(medium noise)
Side- R= Stab in Ribs L= Elbow to knee
Above- L= Strangle R= Elbow Smack to head B= Drop from above X= Pull out gun
Below- A= Pull when enemy is above you(can be looking or walking in any direction)

Only one thing:

?????

_

-
-
AND THATS THAT! Feedback people! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW, that was the most non- in depth review I ever read...

jaco007
02-13-2005, 05:37 AM
the controls are a little different?????? what's with that,there is stil the free look camera do!! the never must alter that man!!!!!!!!never;; please answer????

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 06:02 AM
Ok in about 2 hours I will post a huge answer thingy becuase I just woke up. My email is darkusa2005@yahoo.com

Shadow.Killer15
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Man, i could kiss you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Your review was pretty cool and i cant expect playing the SP DEMO PC. I live in germany, have no Xbox, etc. Well, i couln't nearly believe what UBI did in the new game, from your review, i mean. Side Attack, Frontattack, cool.
Some questions: Is there one time a guard standing near an edge of a rock; is it possible, without grabbing him, to throw him over the edge with a stelath move/kill? For example the "Punch in spine". What does this mean, btw? Lethal/non lethal? Is it with knife?
I really hope UBI takes such a situation in the game: Enemy near a edge, bang, and the man goes over the edge, (funny).
and, what means "Quick whack"? What doeas sam do?

I hope you understand my english. German!

MFG
LUTZ

DarKA55ASSIN
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM
btw if u dont believe me about the throat slitting,watch the i believe trailer...

Harris123
02-13-2005, 06:08 AM
I think this demo is old build that's why there is no throat slitting.

SikoraB
02-13-2005, 06:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKA55ASSIN:
btw if u dont believe me about the throat slitting,watch the i believe trailer... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have the game do you? Good, now stop commenting on something you don't know anything about!

The demo is THE final product, except for a few changes maybe, but I'm 99% sure that there is no throat cut, when Dark_U_S_A says so, a developer also said Sam wouldn't cut throats.

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Ok heres the answers
lacasaboninta
No the blood does not stay

f16cxv
buy it at your local bookstore

chaos
1)Sam feet stick depending on the situation, on ground he does but when he is leaning his feet dont move and cause you to fall
2)Enemies feet do move realisticly and they dont "float"
3)Enemies lose you if you move quietly in the shadows and then light a flare to find you.
4)EMF is not useful in this level.

Shadow.Killer
1)No you cant pull enemies unless you HANG below them
2) the knee to the back is a non-lethal immobilization.
3)Quick whack is too fast to see but it looks like he hits the enemy in the neck or something HE MIGHT BE BREAKING A NECK but dont take me up on that!

EVERYONE
As I said there is no split jump oppourtunities in the level and there is only choking NO SLITTING!

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Ok since this thread is quiet I want you guys to make requests for my review and I will add it. I want to make it so that if anyone has a question on the demo they can come here. I would also like if you guys could ask me to do some wacky stuff(anything in game) and i will see what happens and report it back here!

Thankshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

silentassasin05
02-13-2005, 07:03 AM
ok heres one. keep getting seen and such till the NPC cover eachothers back then shoot one in the head and say what the other does

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Ok I just did that like 5 minutes ago. He freaks out, and then starts screaming for back up. Then he lights a flare throws it where you were last seen and then takes cover until backup arrives. When they do arrive he starts scoping the area for you with flares and such.
EDIT: Please tell me what my review is missing!

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 07:23 AM
try an omega punch strike(the move in the nsa training video) on an enemy near the edge so he could fall.by the way how does sam die?with ragdoll physics&gt;if so does it look good?

stealthmaster736
02-13-2005, 07:24 AM
I guess you could give a bit more info on the A.I.Like what type of tricks they fall for.And it needs more stuff about enemies.Like when you hold a guard can you actually tell that he is scared.I also heard enemies work together to kill you.How?

Harris123
02-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Angel Fire in other thread said the first terrorist in the demo was floating. Is this true

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 07:28 AM
what is the foregrip?how is sam's aiming is it better?and the move in the i believe trailer where sam attacks the enemys face with his knife is it there(he looked like he was cutting the enemys face)?

Harris123
02-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Foregrip is for better aiming. It is for noobs.

S.a.S-Akbari
02-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Dude the guy said him self NO TROATH SLITTING

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Ok the Omega Punch does not cause the enemy to fly as much as the video but if you are really close to a ledge you can knock him over. Sam dies with ragdoll and then it cuts away to mission failed in about 3 seconds and it looks good except for if you fall to your death. When you hold a guard he looks extremely scared and even tries to get away at first. and when you go to strangle him they claw at their necks to get you off. They flank and cover each others back. The first terro is not floating in my copy, might be a scratch on disc or something. Foregrip is not really needed, it only improves your aim a little bit, and it is always attached on easy and normal.
I am going to play through the demo a couple more times and add a better sound, graphics, and AI section. I will also fix some erros in the moves. And for those of you who want some spoilers I will post the mission story!

stealthmaster736
02-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Yay!For some reason I like spoilers.When people made spoiler threads for POP2 I looked at almost every thread.And when I played the game I was still suprised.

S.a.S-Akbari
02-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Ahhhh Do u have Xfire/MSN ?

maartendraayer6
02-13-2005, 07:56 AM
ey dark U_S_A i think you did a very well job m8 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif im am really looking forward to the demo thnx again for youre review http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Ok the Omega Punch does not cause the enemy to fly as much as the video but if you are really close to a ledge you can knock him over. Sam dies with ragdoll and then it cuts away to mission failed in about 3 seconds and it looks good except for if you fall to your death. When you hold a guard he looks extremely scared and even tries to get away at first. and when you go to strangle him they claw at their necks to get you off. They flank and cover each others back. The first terro is not floating in my copy, might be a scratch on disc or something. Foregrip is not really needed, it only improves your aim a little bit, and it is always attached on easy and normal.
I am going to play through the demo a couple more times and add a better sound, graphics, and AI section. I will also fix some erros in the moves. And for those of you who want some spoilers I will post the mission story! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>thank u for answering my question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.wait i got a really cool idea why dont u kill 3 guards on the spot with only ur knife it will look like an action movie.u know what i mean.

SikoraB
02-13-2005, 08:23 AM
I have a request...

Try grabbing a guard with the knife, then walk towards other guards so they see you, and see what happens...

Also, try drawing your gun, and aim at them, while holding the guard hostage... What happens? Do they aim very well and you take alot of damage? Or are they more cautios(?)...

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Ok I updated my review with more stuff!
If you try to take 3 guys with a knife its near impossible. I tried it on easy and if you go near them they run away and fire on you. If you grab a hostage they try to find openings and fire at you if you draw your gun. They usually dont even fire until you fire. They actually like their buddies that much.

SikoraB
02-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Ok I updated my review with more stuff!
If you try to take 3 guys with a knife its near impossible. I tried it on easy and if you go near them they run away and fire on you. If you grab a hostage they try to find openings and fire at you if you draw your gun. They usually dont even fire until you fire. They actually like their buddies that much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds really cool, I always thought it was kind of insane that in the first two games, when you grabbed a guy and others saw you, they could always hit you in the face, and you probably died... This time it sounds like they really do care, cool...

Also could you discribe the Closer Than Ever thing a bit more, can you control how fast your walking in the Closer Than Ever, and can you actually keep up with a guard in full walking motion...?

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Yep watch the first level demo on Teamxbox. Its too hard to explain you need to see it.

AltairX
02-13-2005, 08:35 AM
There is couple of places in the demo map I know of where you can do the split jump. You can also cut throats in the demo, but most of the time Sam stabs back/stomach when you attack with the knife.

Ps. I don't want to spoil the fun of finding those places by yourself, but if you absolutely want that, let me know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Where can you split jump?

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 08:37 AM
such a beautiful update but there is one thing i didnt understand explain side L in more details please

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Side L?
BTW I ahve discovered a bug!
On a very rare occasion the sound meter gets stuck in a spot. The enemy doesnt hear that stuck sound but its still annoying.

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Side L? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>left trigger on the side of the enemy

SikoraB
02-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Another thing, do guards react differently everytime you play the level? Or is it the same thing every time...

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:42 AM
ok no prob and could someone tell me where you can sj? Same paths different reactions!

AltairX
02-13-2005, 08:44 AM
For split jump, Sam will hint you by watching the nearby walls when you can do that. The split jump is done by facing towards the wall and jumping once at that spot, unlike as in SC1 you jumped again at the highest spot of the jump, IIRC.

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Ok thanks i knew the button but I did not know where and now I know how to find them.

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 08:52 AM
THERE IS THROAT SLITTING!!!!!!!!
If you pull the right trigger from the side sam jumps out and slices the jugular!

Harris123
02-13-2005, 08:54 AM
THERE IS THROAT SLITTING!!!!!!!!
If you pull the right trigger from the side sam jumps out and slices the jugular! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coooollllllllll. How much blood comes out.

Shadow.Killer15
02-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Hmm, i dont like at, but ...
Hmm, and whats with "sab in the ribs"?

MFG
LUTZ

PS: I am waiting for stalkers reply^^

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 09:00 AM
hear that everyone there is throat slitting.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif(that was the move what i was talking about when i said sam cuts the enemys face)muhahahahahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow.Killer15:
Hmm, i dont like at, but ...
Hmm, and whats with "sab in the ribs"?

MFG
LUTZ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? It says stabs ribs.....

Harris123
02-13-2005, 09:04 AM
How much blood comes out when you slit throat

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 09:05 AM
None its too fast to see the blood spill.
BTW we have some sick puppies here!

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harris123:
How much blood comes out when you slit throat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>watch the the i believe trailer very carefully u could see drops of blood spilling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

MAG-Oldfox
02-13-2005, 09:09 AM
How do you grab a guy putting the knife at his back like this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Oldfox/backstab.jpg
Is it a grab move, or is it just a quick stab move?
How do you do the inverted quick necksnap (the one at the I believe trailer)?

Harris123
02-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks Dark_U_S_A

w00t 5oo posts

silentassasin05
02-13-2005, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAG-Oldfox:
How do you grab a guy putting the knife at his back like this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Oldfox/backstab.jpg
How do you do the inverted quick necksnap (the one at the I believe trailer)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
1. run at a NPC from behind and press the right trigger
2.when you above the NPC, press the right trigger when the interaction window pops up

MAG-Oldfox
02-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh, and are you sure the half-split jump from PT is out? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Oldfox/half-split.jpg
My eyes may be cheating me, because that looks like a half-split jump http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif. Maybe there are just no places to do it in the demo.

deepthroat77
02-13-2005, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAG-Oldfox:
How do you do the inverted quick necksnap (the one at the I believe trailer)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.it is a quickstab move to perform press the right trigger behind the enemy.2.there is to kinds of neck snap the quiet slow one and the quick loud one.to perform the slow one simply press the left trigger when the enemy is under and when u are hanging on a pipe.the fast one is the same deal just press the right trigger

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 09:15 AM
That picture is a stab move and I have no clue how to do the quick neck snap thing, im going to look into that.

John HX
02-13-2005, 09:17 AM
The throatslit is in again? Can you guys please make up your minds so I dont have to see anymore of these stupid throatslit conversations?! lol

silentassasin05
02-13-2005, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepthroat77:
How do you do the inverted quick necksnap (the one at the I believe trailer)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.it is a quickstab move to perform press the right trigger behind the enemy.2.there is to kinds of neck snap the quiet slow one and the quick loud one.to perform the slow one simply press the left trigger when the enemy is under and when u are hanging on a pipe.the fast one is the same deal just press the right trigger <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>the left trigger is to choke the enemy

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 09:19 AM
That split jump you have a picture of is a regular split jump.

MAG-Oldfox
02-13-2005, 09:23 AM
So my eyes were really kidding me. This whole thing is driving me nuts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif. Anyways, thanks for your help! You are doing a really god job with this thread! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

S.a.S-Akbari
02-13-2005, 09:29 AM
OMG CANT WIT FOR THE DEMO, SOMEONE SHOOT ME PLEASE!

scworld
02-13-2005, 09:31 AM
*BANG!* *bullet shatters Akbari's skull*

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the comment MAG and to scworld: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

MAG-Oldfox
02-13-2005, 09:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Some more small questions. Do the guards hit you with the back of the gun when u get near them, do they keep firing or what they do? And how is the animation for the stairs? Does it look natural?

Shadow.Killer15
02-13-2005, 09:46 AM
When you stab one bad guy in the back or through him away, after you have grabbed him, and the man was standing near a wall; what happen? how is there the ragdoll?

And my other questions was right answered: You can push enemys over the edge, right? Punch strike, or stabbing and then push away!?

MFG
LUTZ

Necra
02-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Some idiotic questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
1.If you let go of your grip on the lighthouse to make you fall does Sam scream like he did in the first 2 SC games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and what happens when he hits the ground?
2.When you grab a guard and use him as a human shield with the gun do he first holster the knife or what or can you grab him with the gun like in SC 1-2?
3.If you use the OCP if possible can the NPC spot the green light on the side?

(more to come http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and thanks for a good review)

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 09:54 AM
whew alot there ok one at a time
Mag
No they run away and look for backup and the stairs look realistic

Shadow
Ragdoll is good and i need you to rephrase your other question. If you are near a ledge and you kill him the ragdoll will cause him to fall over the ledge.

Necra
1)He screams and then thumps when he hits.
SICK PUPPY!
2)He holsters the knife
3)No its just like his Goggles

chokingv22
02-13-2005, 10:04 AM
thanks alot for answering all of these questions Dark_U_S_A but theres something no one has asked yet. Can you make a video of the entire level being played if you have a capture card, webcam, digital camera, or video camera please. if you can thank you sooo much

silentassasin05
02-13-2005, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chokingv22:
thanks alot for answering all of these questions Dark_U_S_A but theres something no one has asked yet. Can you make a video of the entire level being played if you have a capture card, webcam, digital camera, or video camera please. if you can thank you sooo much <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah and if you can, do multiple vids for the multiple paths

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 10:09 AM
I am VERY sorry but I cant. I am too poor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 10:11 AM
a question: is the hard choke deadly?

S.a.S-Akbari
02-13-2005, 10:12 AM
nooooo, the humanity!

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Yes the choke is lethal. I am still trying to work out what is lethal because my report card says i killed everyone and i didnt use my gun.

S.a.S-Akbari
02-13-2005, 10:23 AM
LMAO, URE A MONSTER I TELL U MONSTER! ^^'

Osman_H
02-13-2005, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S.a.S-Akbari:
LMAO, URE A MONSTER I TELL U MONSTER! ^^' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh, look akbari just lost it, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

stealthsome1
02-13-2005, 10:29 AM
ok this from OXM official forums....i asked this guy who got the demo and asked him a few questions, this is what he had to say:

Well as far as inventory goes you get flash bangs, sticky shockers, sticky camera, frag grenades, ring airfold rounds, the silenced pistol equipped with the electrical disruptor (to temporarily take out lights, engines, anything electronic), the rifle, night vision goggles, heat goggles, electrical goggles. As for moves everthing is there, from punching a gaurd in the back of the head to knock him out, slicing his throat, choking him till he passes out, face punch, stab in the back, just about all the moves you can think of...it's pretty hard to get through the whole level without alerting at least one gaurd, even if you leave a door open, a light out, or if you kill a merc who's talking with another merc they will notice. you have to pay close attention to your light and sound monitors, if you dont then youre screwed. it's very open ended, on a scale of 1-10 i would give the open ended-ness a 7 or 8, since it's not completly open like a GTA game or something i have to take a few points off from 10. still a very good demo though, i liked it better than any other demo ive played that came from OMX

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 10:37 AM
then if u have grabbed a gueard... how to ko him ...beacuse if u choke him: hes dead. if u punch him with ur knee he could also be dead... is there a normal ko move when grabbed?

mortified_dodo
02-13-2005, 10:56 AM
About the split jump. The half split jump was taken out in CT, so unlike PT where there were only 2 possible widths of corridors, and only 2 split jumps (half split jump and regular), now there are dozens of corridor widths, and Sam just adjusts how much of a split he's in for how far the walls are apart. So, if the walls are really far apart, Sam will have his legs almost completely horizontal, whereas if it is a tight hallway, his legs will be like this ^ instead of this --. There are dozens of possible split jumps in between. In that guy's screenshot from CT, he just thought his legs were like this /| becuase of the very odd closeup camera angle. He is just in a very narrow space doing the regular split. Ubi didn't impliment the half-split jump in Pandora Tomorrow for a way to fit Sam in a small hallway, as they couldv'e just done this, they implimented it as a way for Sam to move higher up walls, something that is unneeded in Chaos Theory's level design.

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 10:58 AM
yes thats it... now sam is individual in the distance between walls... a good thing!^^

Claws_The_One
02-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok here is a question:

A long time ago (I think E3), someone from Ubi was talking about unscripted, emergent gameplay, he mentioned the following example, I want to know if it's true or just hype.

He stated that when it rains, puddles on the ground form, and then Sam can use the sticky shocker on these puddles to stun any guards standing in the puddles. Is this true? Do puddles really form?

Chaos_Recon
02-13-2005, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claws_The_One:
Ok here is a question:

A long time ago (I think E3), someone from Ubi was talking about unscripted, emergent gameplay, he mentioned the following example, I want to know if it's true or just hype.

He stated that when it rains, puddles on the ground form, and then Sam can use the sticky shocker on these puddles to stun any guards standing in the puddles. Is this true? Do puddles really form? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I now have the demo, and I can answer some questions too. Yes, puddles form. You CAN use the sticky shocker in puddles [sort of like in Jeruselam for PT].

Claws_The_One
02-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Very nice.

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 11:38 AM
What Chaos Recon said. Thanks for answering the questions guys, its hard to keep up with 100 questions while you are playing the BETA and the demo! I really appreciate it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And mortified_dodo i really like that explaination! I didnt even know that.

mortified_dodo
02-13-2005, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaos_Recon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claws_The_One:
Ok here is a question:

He stated that when it rains, puddles on the ground form, and then Sam can use the sticky shocker on these puddles to stun any guards standing in the puddles. Is this true? Do puddles really form? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I now have the demo, and I can answer some questions too. Yes, puddles form. You CAN use the sticky shocker in puddles [sort of like in Jeruselam for PT]. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I used the sticky-shocker-in-water way more in the first chinese embassy in SC1. I took out 3 heavily armored chinese guards in the sewers with one sticky shocker.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Dark_U_S_A
02-13-2005, 11:40 AM
I cant even remember SC1 cause I sold it! I will have to buy it again for 20 $ so I can do a SC marathon when CT comes out.

To SOUL.FiveBLA, I dont even know this and I really need to cause as I said I get like a 60% cause all my attacks are lethal.

mortified_dodo
02-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I cant even remember SC1 cause I sold it! I will have to buy it again for 20 $ so I can do a SC marathon when CT comes out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Sacreligion! j/k man.

huncok3
02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Hi guys!
Im new here....
What about the requirements of the game?

Amd Athlon 2800+,Sapphire Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128,Samsung 1024 333 DDr,SB Live! 5.1,HDD Maxtor 7200 rpm 120 GB

e_con
02-13-2005, 12:01 PM
The throat cutting will be available in the final version. So guys dont worry.

silentassasin05
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by e_con:
The throat cutting will be available in the final version. So guys dont worry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>how do you know

Secret_Shadow13
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by huncok3:
Hi guys!
Im new here....

Amd Athlon 2800+,Sapphire Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128,Samsung 1024 333 DDr,SB Live! 5.1,HDD Maxtor 7200 rpm 120 GB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well i say you can run in k.

mortified_dodo
02-13-2005, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Secret_Shadow13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by huncok3:
Hi guys!
Im new here....

Amd Athlon 2800+,Sapphire Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128,Samsung 1024 333 DDr,SB Live! 5.1,HDD Maxtor 7200 rpm 120 GB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well i say you can run in k. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's a no-brainer. I say he just wanted to show of his PC specs.

huncok3
02-13-2005, 12:08 PM
What do you mean "run it in k"?

huncok3
02-13-2005, 12:10 PM
No that is not true,pal....a lot guys has more better pc specs than i have...so pls <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

huncok3
02-13-2005, 12:10 PM
No that is not true,pal....a lot guys has more better pc specs than i have...so pls

huncok3
02-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I cant use this forum very well,i have to get use to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Secret_Shadow13
02-13-2005, 12:12 PM
by k i mean like everything on low but it wont lag.

lol JK like all on mid..
if not on medium then like almost on medium couse youre ram is not so great. and video card has only 128 ram.

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 12:16 PM
now its clear thet the hard choke is lethal right? ok and how to make ko after interrogating an npc?

huncok3
02-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Right i got it...
I think it will be nice too on med setts

Necra
02-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Now everything flipped out.. Don´t ask minimum system specs.. because this is a Xbox demo review not PC so we really don´t know. Just continue asking in game questions about Xbox lighthouse demo ok... good

AltairX
02-13-2005, 12:38 PM
The choke isn't lethal but the KO move (left-trigger). You can see this also in thermal vision, i.e. when you KO a guard, his body doesn't fade out, unlike when you kill him (shoot/stab/break his spine). It was a bit confusing to me at first as well, but in the choke move you don't actually crush guards trachea or anything, but just prevent blood going to his brain or something knocking him out (:

FVipe
02-13-2005, 12:53 PM
About time someone made a usefull demo thread instead of just going like "I have the demo, I'll see you guys in two weeks!! bye bye.."

Thanks darkUSA (and the other guys who are also helping) for answering our questions!

Questions:

1- Do enemies wake up from unconscioness (sp?) or they just lie there forever as if they were dead?? If they do get back up, how long does it take for them to do so??

2- What would you score the game based on the demo?

3- CAn you go a bit indepth on how the analog control for opening the doors works exactly? Like for example, can you open the door halfway and then just leave it there half open and go away?

Anyway, thanks in advance! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 12:56 PM
1: if u make them KO they can be woke up by other guards.
2: dont have the demohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
3: dont have the demohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@FVipe: nice sig.

questions: at the end of the level u get a statistic what u have done... can u list all the point which are ther? like: killed enemys, Injured enemys, Time to get the level done....

then if its out for the pc i think its gonna made much fun to post a screen at the end of the level shows: enemys killed: 0 Time to get level done: 15min quicksaves: 0 things like that^^

huncok3
02-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Pals is that true that the sc1 and PT had the Unreal 2 engine?
And the SCCT uses it with some new features?
SO THE SCCT USES THE SAME MOTOR AS THE PREVIOUS SC GAMES?

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 01:07 PM
no, scct singelplayer and co-op uses the completly new scx engine. the vs mode uses the unreal2 engine.

huncok3
02-13-2005, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by soul.Fivebla:
no, scct singelplayer and co-op uses the completly new scx engine. the vs mode uses the unreal2 engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was happy but now...an engine like this takes 1-2 year =&gt; the scx engine is the u2 engine,isnt it? ... oh **** http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
What about my specs?

Necra
02-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Seriously you have made 7 or so threds about your specs now... buy a smoking new computer and you will be sure it works just fine. We don´t know what specs you need. no hard feeligns huncok3 but just ask questions about the demo in this topic

huncok3
02-13-2005, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Necra:
Seriously you have made 7 or so threds about your specs now... buy a smoking new computer and you will be sure it works just fine. We don´t know what specs you need. no hard feeligns huncok3 but just ask questions about the demo in this topic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right....im just new here....and cant speak so well english...but nm...sorry

silentassasin05
02-13-2005, 01:36 PM
you may be new but dont you think its a bit strange posting your specs in a demo thread for the xbox

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 01:42 PM
the scx engine isnt the unreal2 engine!!! watch singelplayer videos... no unrealengine can perform things like that.

back to topic.

huncok3
02-13-2005, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silentassasin05:
you may be new but dont you think its a bit strange posting your specs in a demo thread for the _xbox_ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
For Xbox? So thats why couldnt find the demo anywhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Sorry guys im f***ing tired http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

stalker360
02-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Leave him alone you guys!
What has he ever done to you?!

soul.Fivebla
02-13-2005, 01:47 PM
nothing.... sorry if u noiticed our post as agressive. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

dmb1435
02-13-2005, 01:52 PM
this thread is being filled with spam, can we keep it to the demo reviews please?

hey U S A

How are the sound effects for the game?

SikoraB
02-13-2005, 01:59 PM
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! Well atleast for me, I HAVE THE DEMO! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Just got it an hour ago. Going to play it now and for the rest of the night, and then I'm going to post about it tomorrow probably! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

stealthmaster736
02-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I have another question.How is the guard voice acting.Do the voices sound deeper.In the 1st 2 games the guard voices were okay.But in CT the guards look alot more relistic and more serious.So I'm expecting deeper and more realistic voices.Also, how does the saving system work in the demo.Are there checkpoints or do they give you a limited amount of saves.Or once you die do they make you start the whole leval over.Please and thank you.And about how many different guard faces are there.Do all the guards look the same or are there at least 10 different looks.

ShadowsofChaos
02-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the review man! I know I'm a little late on this one, and I know I'm not saying anything no one else hasn't already said, but it seems like you gave a fair, unbiased review, and I thank you for that.

h8_jon_kerry
02-13-2005, 05:55 PM
DEMO questios

1)Is it possible to save Morgenholt or does he fry every time.
1a)If so how does the mission change

2)How is the sniper thing?, you know the attachment that shoots a bullet through some walls

3)Does anyone know about a PC or PS2 DEMO?

HorTyS
02-13-2005, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by soul.Fivebla:
no, scct singelplayer and co-op uses the completly new scx engine. the vs mode uses the unreal2 engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm afraid thats incorrect. Chaos theory uses a highly modified unreal engine, same as the last 2, but updated and modified to the point that it's ALMOST not the same engine, but it is unreal at its core.

stalker360
02-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey darkU_S_A i'm sorry man.About posting the throat slitting ****.Can you put up all the controlls and what they do please.

stalker360

Osman_H
02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hortys_99:

i'm afraid thats incorrect. Chaos theory uses a highly modified unreal engine, same as the last 2, but updated and modified to the point that it's ALMOST not the same engine, but it is unreal at its core. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
no, scct's engine is made from scratch by ubi mtl, the last two games used the unreal engine 2, and scct mp is using the unreal engine 2, only scct's sp and co-op use a brand new engine

asb4545
02-13-2005, 07:38 PM
um, SCCT uses a heavily modified SC1 engine. Evidence is right here:
http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1013/Splinter-Cell-Chaos-Theory-Interview/p3/
The last question asks about the engine.

Osman_H
02-13-2005, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asb4545:
um, SCCT uses a heavily modified SC1 engine. Evidence is right here:
http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1013/Splinter-Cell-Chaos-Theory-Interview/p3/
The last question asks about the engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well i stand slightly corrected, some of scct's engine was rebuilt so half was upgraded and half is entirely new

chokingv22
02-13-2005, 07:59 PM
i have a question: When your on a horizontal pipe can you just grab an NPC and like interrogate him upside down instead of doing the inverted necksnap or choking him to death?

Secret_Shadow13
02-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Out best request will be a vid for the gods sake!!!!!!!!

HorTyS
02-13-2005, 08:29 PM
When the game was announced it was mentioned that is uses a €œnew engine€. Tell us a bit more about the engine you€re employing for Chaos Theory. Are you still using the Unreal engine with your own modifications or is this a brand new engine developed in-house?

Mathieu Ferland: Actually, we are using an updated version of the Splinter Cell 1 engine, an Unreal-based engine. Since the end of the first Splinter Cell, we€ve been optimizing every aspect of the engine in order to get what we believe to be the current best technology. A lot of elements have been rebuilt from scratch, such as the AI, thus providing a larger variety of reactions and more development flexibility. All the 3D rendering has been reworked, now managing normal mapping, perpixel lighting and specular effects to such an extent that you won€t be able to find this amount of detail in any other games currently on the market. Many other elements such as the Ragdoll Physics, Sound and animations have received major improvements. We feel we are working with the best tools and technologies at the moment, and we€re optimizing every aspect of the game to make it the best experience seen on Xbox to date.

see, same engine, just updated and reworked. of course it's not like they didn't change anything, it was reworked alot for the first splinter cell.

Vash1051
02-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes the only one request I have is to get a demo video walkthrough or just a video of someone playing the whole demo and doing diffrent moves and such.

lacasabonita
02-13-2005, 09:36 PM
dark U S A thankyou so much for putting up with all of our questions. I am most appricative .

e_con
02-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Has anyone pulled a guy off a ledge, like in the trailer?

SikoraB
02-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I just got the demo, and I've been playing it for some time now, it's truly amazing, the graphics can't be described so beautiful is it...

I'm going to play it a little more, then perhaps take some pictures with a digital camera, any requests???

(Dark_U_S_A let's work together on this one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

chaos_theory16
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh goody, pics! Exactly what I need! Take some of the gameplay, maybe even videos that you might see in the demo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Thanks.

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 03:00 AM
chaos_theory16: I've tried, but the pictures look like ****, so there is no point in posting them. Sorry, I hope that someone can give you guys a really good video or some great pictures, because I can't.

I've been wanting to tell you guys this, but I'm not that much impressed by the A.I. they are not like PT or SC1 at all, but they don't impress me they way I think they should... Maybe it's because I haven't been spotted yet or anything.

Another insane thing, is that on hard difficulty, watch your step, and IF you get spotted your dead meat, 2 shots and you die...

And did I say that the graphics are ****ING amazing??? (Sam outside in the rain, OMG!)

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 03:09 AM
About the pictures, tell me if these are any good to look at, and if I should post more?

Briefing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0001.jpg

Nightmarecast24
02-14-2005, 03:22 AM
those look great, continue please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Splinterz_1
02-14-2005, 03:27 AM
Yeah yeah, post more!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SplinterCell_37
02-14-2005, 03:28 AM
awesome! keep em coming!

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Pictures to the masses:

Caves:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0003233.jpg

Closer Than Ever:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0004.jpg

Back To Wall:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0005.jpg

I know this is only in the beginning of the level, but if anyone has requests, just say so...

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 03:53 AM
A little info for you guys aswell.

Saving games:
- When you save your game, in the demo, you can only quick save, if you then die, you can select "retry" and it loads the quick save. As far as I know there isn't more than one save, but you can save whenever you want to.

Nifty feature:
- When you aim your gun, and get to close to an object, Sam will automaticly pull away his gun from the object, so that the gun and his hand dosen't go throgh it, like in the previous game.

Position switching:
- The position switching when aiming a gun, is very good, it's not as bad as people had thought, at least I don't think so, it dosen't really matter that you don't have the back to wall shooting, because this, is much faster...

SC Pistol:
- Sam's gun, and my second favorite weapon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif (knife), is much more accurate than in the previous games.

Graphics:
- Again, I must say this atleast once every hour, they absolutely blow you away, when I first started the demo, I just sat and watched Sam on the beach, it's truly amazing and can't be discribed. You are like this: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif when you first play it.

View Camera:
- The view camera, is also slightly upgraded, it will automaticly change it's position, whenever you get to a new place, kind of like in the Metal Gear Solid games, but not as much, it works out great though.

Sam's movement:
- For some people Sam maybe seem kinda STIFF, if you know what I mean, his movement aren't THAT fluid, as I had hoped for. But it looks awesome anyway.

And I found a spelling error in one of the briefings, I can't remember who it was, but there was one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And to Dark_U_S_A, you know after the "prison" room where that guard is testing his rifle, when you walk out of it, you can do a split jump in the hallway, it isn't for any use, but you can.
Have you found anywhere where you can do the inverted thingie? I haven't found any...

And to everyone else, when I get a little further in the demo, I'll show you places you haven't seen before... Muhaha! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HorTyS
02-14-2005, 03:56 AM
show the inverted chokehold, some different quick kills/knockouts from different angles on the enemies, end of level stat screen, equipment setup screen.

Nightmarecast24
02-14-2005, 04:02 AM
A little info for you guys aswell.

Saving games:
- When you save your game, in the demo, you can only quick save, if you then die, you can select "retry" and it loads the quick save. As far as I know there isn't more than one save, but you can save whenever you want to.

Nifty feature:
- When you aim your gun, and get to close to an object, Sam will automaticly pull away his gun from the object, so that the gun and his hand dosen't go throgh it, like in the previous game.

Position switching:
- The position switching when aiming a gun, is very good, it's not as bad as people had thought, at least I don't think so, it dosen't really matter that you don't have the back to wall shooting, because this, is much faster...

And I found a spelling error in one of the briefings, I can't remember who it was, but there was one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And to Dark_U_S_A, you know after the "prison" room where that guard is testing his rifle, when you walk out of it, you can do a split jump in the hallway, it isn't for any use, but you can.
Have you found anywhere where you can do the inverted thingie? I haven't found any...

And to everyone else, when I get a little further in the demo, I'll show you places you haven't seen before... Muhaha! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
PM me the answer to this question since it is a spoiler:
Can you ever save the (for the sake of spoilers i will not name the person)guy they are torturing?

SplinterCell_37
02-14-2005, 04:03 AM
thanks for the screeniees!!!!! more please! lol (i'm starving for more, more, MORE!!!!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

btw, nmc he said "Rescue Morgenholt(Gets Canceled)" so i doubt it.

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 05:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0001111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo00033333.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0026.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0027.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0030.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0031.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0033.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0034.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zikor4/Photo0035.jpg

Now that's it, I'm going to play the game some more, maybe I'll post more pictures later on..

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Wohoo, found a place where I could do the inverted neck thing, I'll show you guys later...

Harris123
02-14-2005, 05:26 AM
MOORRREE pics

chokingv22
02-14-2005, 06:07 AM
i have a question: When your on a horizontal pipe can you just grab an NPC and like interrogate him upside down instead of doing the inverted necksnap or choking him to death?

GhostRiderLSOV
02-14-2005, 06:30 AM
I'd think that Sam would get tired fast...although we've seen that he can stay hanging from anything for hours...man, he does some workout.

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 06:44 AM
For the hanging thing, if you press the action button A, then Sam grabs him and chokes him, silent, if you press the L button Sam does the same, but if you press the R button, Sam quickly twists his neck while the guard is standing, and he dies instantly, but it's very loud.

They've also removed the cracking noise, after the chokehold.

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Another thing, some people on this forum worried about the fact, that guards would keep turning around if you were spotted and tried to get behind them. Let me say this.

First of all: Why would you want to get spotted?

Second: It's nearly impossible to survive a close meeting with a guard, unless you react in less than a second. Or else your dead.

Third: It takes 2 shots, blam, your dead, on the hard difficulty...

maartendraayer6
02-14-2005, 07:17 AM
thnx for the pics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but could you give more pics of the engine looks or the water effects without nightvision? ty nice job m8 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Secret_Shadow13
02-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks! i hope aj would hurry up with that vid!

Harris123
02-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Aj said he wont be here for 1 or 2 weeks.

Secret_Shadow13
02-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Oh didnt know that but il be getting my demo like next week since i just subscribed OXM but i wont get this issue tho since i only sand it by mail last week.

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 08:20 AM
It's very hard for me to take detailed pictures, since I was using my camera phone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Harris123
02-14-2005, 08:22 AM
It doesnt matter just post the pics

huncok3
02-14-2005, 08:57 AM
It's very hard for me to take detailed pictures, since I was using my camera phone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sikora those pics what you posted before were enough good,so dont be shy... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm going to post some more tomorrow perhaps...

huncok3
02-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Are there any moveable objects like a table or a box(the corpses doesnt mean)? Can we use it for some actions for example a table in front of a door so the terrorist cant step in the room ?

Shadow.Killer15
02-14-2005, 02:00 PM
YEAH, the pics where great! Could you also try to make pics of Sam is doing a cool new move, like a stealth kill - or the side one, nonn lethal!?

Question: Does Sam use different moves when he is in one of the postitions: crouch - stand?
I mean e.g.: Sam stands in front of a guard and you press the "non lethal" button: Does Sam use the omega punch strike or does he use the knee attack?

MFG
LUTZ

SiLeNT-KiLLa134
02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
gj.

deepthroat77
02-14-2005, 02:32 PM
i am so hyped that i am about to explode.must get demoooooo.by the way u people are doing a great job keep them coming.one question:how is the aiming?like is it much improved form sc1 and sc2?and if u are a professional than try killing 3 guards with only ur krav maga(martial arts).

SikoraB
02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
deepthroat: it's nearly impossible, to kill 3 guards... By only using knock outs, the guard are really tough when more than one...

The aiming is perfect, works very well...

f16cxv
02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
hows the fore grip work?

SpiderFreak
02-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the pics! I can't wait! CAn you maybe get a shot of the inverted neck snap and the omega punch strike? Thanks again!

SF

Cougar-C.A.T.
02-14-2005, 04:31 PM
just curious on wat u meant by cloaking? Sam can cloak now? i thought it was meant just for the SvM? maybe i misread or misunderstood the message. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

stalker360
02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Please post the controls!

SpiderFreak
02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stalker360:
Please post the controls! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, controls would be MUCH appriciated!

SF

stalker360
02-14-2005, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpiderFreak:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stalker360:
Please post the controls! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, controls would be MUCH appriciated!

SF <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for agreeing!!!!

liquid_chaos
02-14-2005, 05:15 PM
hey I'v got some good pics right here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Oldfox/05_Displace01_loading.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Oldfox/06_hokkaido_loading.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Oldfox/10_Bathhouse_loading.jpg

Vash1051
02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
where in the hell did you get those pics!??! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Those are defenitley not from the demo.......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

FVipe
02-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Maybe he found them in the disc, just like dawg605 found those videos within the demo disc

liquid_chaos
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I found them in the twilight zone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SpiderFreak
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM
No, I think The Great Monkey gave them to you.

SF

MAG-Oldfox
02-14-2005, 11:59 PM
I gave them to him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. In this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=899100304&m=4341043872&p=2
The pics are in the demo disk, just look for them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif There are loading pics for all the levels. If you want them, just PM me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SikoraB
02-15-2005, 01:44 AM
when i get home i can take a picture of the controls..
and the foregrip works good, gives you good accuracy!

Nightmarecast24
02-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Why do people want the controls?

Let me take a stab at it:

Non-Grab Attacks:
L - Behind - Stun Punch(punch to the head)
R - Behind - Back Stab

L - Front - Palm Strike
R - Front - Gut Stab

L - Right Side - ???
R - Right Side - Rib Stab

L - Left Side - ???
R - Left Side - Throat Slash

L - Running Toward - Knee Thrust
R - Running Toward - Reach Around Back Stab

Holding Attacks:

L - Choke
R - Knee to the Spine?

Weapons:
5.7MM Pistol:

L - OCP
R - Shoot

SC-20K:

L - Secondary Fire/Launcher
R - Shoot
R3 - Switch Sides
White Button - Choose Attachment
X - Draw Gun

Sam's Moves:
Rail Pull - R
Knock over rail - R
Invert Choke - L While Hanging
Invert Neck Snap - R While Hanging
Split Jump - Y twice?
Invert Shooting - X While Hanging R to Shoot

This is all my "guess" I don't have the demo or know for sure.

This is how I imagine it though.

Shadow.Killer15
02-15-2005, 06:10 AM
What is "knock over the rail", pls? Is it possible
to get from behind and push them over a rail or what does it mean?

MFG
LUTZ

SikoraB
02-15-2005, 06:47 AM
The knock over rail, is just when close to a rail, you knee them in the back just a usual, and Sam pushes the guy so he falls over the rail, it's not a move in itself...

UPDATE: I've made a new thread with pictures, where you can discuss the topics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Although it's kinda lame to discuss.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SikoraB
02-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Another thing, did you guys know that the "knee-in-spine" thing is lethal?!

I just found out, I couldn't understand why it keept saying that I had killed someone at the final mission score. Then I tried to do the different moves, with heat vision, and I could see that the guard died from that knee in the spine. I just thought they were immobalized(?), ohh well, it's common sense that it's almost the same thing as being dead...

soul.Fivebla
02-15-2005, 08:34 AM
i think they made it lethal because u can throw them over ledges and stuff... then they dont know he the guy would broke his neck or something after this fall..

Harris123
02-15-2005, 08:35 AM
I thought every move was non lethal ( excluding neck snap and moves with the knife)

SikoraB
02-15-2005, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harris123:
I thought every move was non lethal ( excluding neck snap and moves with the knife) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The neck snap destroys the nerve system running in the back of your spine, and closes your throat so you cant breathe, and sometimes even cut open main bloodvessles(?). I think I read that somewhere long time ago. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So no, I'm not a psycho!

Therefore there is no way it could be non-lethal...