PDA

View Full Version : No Tavern

matark177
05-13-2006, 04:32 PM
In the demo FFA map, i can't build a tavern because "my town level limit has been reached", I meet all the resource reqs and everything

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
05-13-2006, 04:43 PM
The tavern has been disabled on that map.

Zamolxis108
05-13-2006, 05:26 PM
But he has a point. The explanation/reason given is <STRIKE>stupid</STRIKE> confusing. Couldn't they just say, one way or another, that the building is disabled? What's that - "maximum level for this building reached" - when you don't even have it?

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
05-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Yep, I'm hoping that this sort of problem gets fixed in the final version. I'd noticed several little things like that in the english text. I just assumed it'd get fixed eventually. Hopefully that wasn't a huge mistake on my part.

hein321
05-14-2006, 02:51 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gifi have all insider information i know some1 at a gaming magazine:

-only 5 custom maps and all preselected heroes,towns locations
-enemy ai overwhelming
-few minor bugs like naming bugs
-req for highest quality: 2 sli geforce 7800 gtx and amd x2 4000+ 2gb ram
-5 total towns barbarian and fortress is out
-custom scenario:maahir's gambit has a bug which causes display problems with sli

otherwise the game was up to standard although it just did not have the edge that homm3 used to have but its all new. i pre-order a deluxe edition myself but are having no regrets now.anything else you want to
know i will be happy to share my experience.

RamzaBehoulve
05-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by hein321:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gifi have all insider information i know some1 at a gaming magazine:

-only 5 custom maps and all preselected heroes,towns locations
-enemy ai overwhelming
-few minor bugs like naming bugs
-req for highest quality: 2 sli geforce 7800 gtx and amd x2 4000+ 2gb ram
-5 total towns barbarian and fortress is out
-custom scenario:maahir's gambit has a bug which causes display problems with sli

otherwise the game was up to standard although it just did not have the edge that homm3 used to have but its all new. i pre-order a deluxe edition myself but are having no regrets now.anything else you want to
know i will be happy to share my experience.

There are 6 custom maps and 6 factions, not 5.

You also don't need that much to play in High Res, I got a 6600GT with AMD 3.2Ghz 1GB RAM and it's running perfectly fine in demo.

Zeldor.
05-14-2006, 04:56 AM
RamzaBehoulve:

Final version needs better computer for the same performance as in demo.

w0mbat84
05-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Zeldor.:
RamzaBehoulve:

Final version needs better computer for the same performance as in demo.

I have serious doubts about that. why whould they make the code worse between the demo and release? I dont think theyll undo all the optimizing of the code the last months in the week or so between the demo came out and the game got gold...