PDA

View Full Version : Realistic FOV?

THE_C0RVAX
07-18-2008, 04:54 PM
from the gameplay that ive seen its hard to tell if the enemy has a FOV (Feild Of Vision) or if the game sends enemies after you if you get to close.

that decieving your enemies trailer is just one of the few things that makes me think ok so that guy is on the ground and being quiet and then his friend who isnt looking in his dierection and cant see him randomly runs to his aid? So does that mean that i cant hide behind a bush?

THE_C0RVAX
07-18-2008, 04:54 PM
from the gameplay that ive seen its hard to tell if the enemy has a FOV (Feild Of Vision) or if the game sends enemies after you if you get to close.

that decieving your enemies trailer is just one of the few things that makes me think ok so that guy is on the ground and being quiet and then his friend who isnt looking in his dierection and cant see him randomly runs to his aid? So does that mean that i cant hide behind a bush?

adarwinter
07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
i think there's a difference between the way the AI recognizes it's friends and the way it recognizes you, the player.
i think they are always aware where their friends are and what state they r in but they can't always know where YOU are, if u r out of sight.

i think i have a better question on that issue - if one AI sees you and know where u r does that mean the rest knows as well, even if they can't see you?

Icecube1137
07-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Well I think he ran to his friend because he heard the gunshot. The player was using a dragunov after all

Warkid1993
07-19-2008, 10:31 AM
hope that this doesn't turn out like Crysis with bullets speeding through bushes coming from everywhere. Farcry wasn't as bad though

brookeview
08-03-2008, 08:45 PM
He ran to his friend not because the AI automatically knew he was wounded, but because his friend was screaming bloody mary cause he just got his friggin foot shot the hell off. o_O duh

adarwinter
08-04-2008, 04:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warkid1993:
hope that this doesn't turn out like Crysis with bullets speeding through bushes coming from everywhere. Farcry wasn't as bad though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah. in crysis when enemies shoot u can see ripples on the map indicating the source of noise. the AI probably follow a similar script. u make noise - they know where u are (aproximatly) and just go there to find u. the perception of the AI in crysis (and in FC) is fine.

and brookeview might be right. there is a chance that fallen AI will scream which makes more sense that the near by AIs will come for them.

does anyone know if once an AI has been dragged by his friend will come back to fight? can the enemies heal their friends? has it been confirmed? i heard in some E3 demonstration that it might, but im not sure i rememeber currectly.

THE_C0RVAX
08-04-2008, 08:24 AM
it has been confirmed that they will heal allies if given the chance. and while wounded then will use lighter guns like pistols but once they get revived they will use the heavy ones again.

back to that trailer though the guy didnt hear the gunshot and it didnt look like the guy was screaming.

answering my own question though, a while ago they confirmed that the ai dosent use as realistic fov that say stealth games do but if you are hiding in grass or behind a tree then it would be hard for them to notice you. and id say thats all i can ask for.

brookeview
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I would scream my head off if a Dragunov's 7.62 round went through my foot. maybe he radioed for help

*chh* "I just got my foot blown off, over" *chh*

*chh* "roger that, ill be right over. I'm almost positive the sniper is gone by now, over" *chh*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

hem_dazon_90
08-17-2008, 12:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brookeview:
I would scream my head off if a Dragunov's 7.62 round went through my foot. maybe he radioed for help

*chh* "I just got my foot blown off, over" *chh*

*chh* "roger that, ill be right over. I'm almost positive the sniper is gone by now, over" *chh*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

adarwinter
08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
CHH god darnit. i just got my foot blown off. could someone please come and help? CHH

CHH brian, u need to say "over" once the sentence is over. over CHH

CHH Jesus. OK. i just got my foot blown off. could someone please come and help?... OVER CHH

CHH i can come and help but do u think the sniper is still there? over CHH

CHH no. i think the danger is over. CHH

CHH the danger is what? over CHH

CHH THE DANGER IS OVER!! CHH

CHH the danger is what, brian? over CHH

what fan am i? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fedaykin552
08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:
CHH god darnit. i just got my foot blown off. could someone please come and help? CHH

CHH brian, u need to say "over" once the sentence is over. over CHH

CHH Jesus. OK. i just got my foot blown off. could someone please come and help?... OVER CHH

CHH i can come and help but do u think the sniper is still there? over CHH

CHH no. i think the danger is over. CHH

CHH the danger is what? over CHH

CHH THE DANGER IS OVER!! CHH

CHH the danger is what, brian? over CHH

what fan am i? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love that episode

No FOV is a pain try being sneaky on BFBC it doesn't work.