PDA

View Full Version : Weapon problem

revert979
04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
My issue isn't so much a bug or glitch, it's more of a complaint. One of the things I loved about the Chaos Theory demo was the better weapon physics with the SC-20K compared to previous SC installments (especially with the foregrip attachment), which allowed for a more "assault" style approach if desired. The final retail version was slightly different. They added a slight hesitation after you fired the first round which, I'm assuming, is supposed to make it easier to squeeze off single rounds at a time. After the gun fires it's first round it hesitates then starts to fire in full auto. This hesitation however makes it all the more annoying if your the type to assault multiple enemies as it really hinders your ability to take them out as quick and silently as possible (you have to wait for the hesitation before the rifle fires in full auto since one round usually doesn't kill). I looked around on this forum and nobody else seems to be complaining about it. Call me crazy but I find this feature extremely annoying. Especially since the demo wasn't like that (you pressed the fire button and the rifle fired in fully automatic, no hesitation).

revert979
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah, this is for the PC version in case you couldn't figure it out.

cooldude6681
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Well, for me, that is awesome. I hated clicking as quickly as I could and having 2 or 3 bullets shoot out. But for you, you might try clicking rapidly in succession to simulate semi-automatic fire, or if you know what to look for (and how to not screw up your game) you could edit a file or two in the folder.

revert979
04-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Wouldn't you dislike the new feature then if don't like clicking a lot? Because in the demo it was just automatic fire. Hold the button and bullets spray out. Pretty accurately too if you were using the foregrip. But now with the hesitation you have to click more if you don't want to wait for the hesitation. I'm probably just misunderstanding you though. I did try editing some files but I can't seem to find where the weapon settings are. I also tried swapping out some files from the retail version with the demo version but that didn't work either. If anyone knows how I could modify or change a file to fix my little issue I'd be glad to hear from you.