PDA

View Full Version : Dodge stun

Bondinator
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey does anyone know how I can dodge stun, because I've seen people do this but none of the perks sound like a dodge.

mpagano411
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Get a crappy internet connection and you'll be dodging stuns left and right

Bondinator
12-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
Get a crappy internet connection and you'll be dodging stuns left and right
You mean it's just lag? Cuz it looks right. I like the idea of Notorious mode then.

Ross2437
12-06-2010, 02:56 PM
no its if they throw a smoke bomb right before you try to assassinate them, they will automatically dodge it. Ubi did this probably because in the beta if you threw a smoke bomb they could still assassinate you in the smoke as long as you had the square above your head (For ps3 its square idk what the assassinate button for xbox or pc is)

Squiddish
12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I just got out of a game where I dodged 2 assassination attempts, then stunned my pursuer. I'm not completely sure what happened.

On the first one, I was just walking along, some Hellequin turns around from a group and swings at me, and I dodged and socked her in the face. She was probably pretty mad, that was a free hidden incognito.
On the second one, I threw down a smoke bomb but nothing happened. He assassinated, and I dodged it (but there was no smokebomb on the ground). I think that one was just a visual glitch, because the cooldown got used on my smoke bomb so I'm pretty sure it got thrown, but still, to him it looked like I just ninja dodged his knife.

Dodging stuns, IDK.

Wile E Coyoteee
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Dodging Stuns only happens as a result of lots of lag. Be thankful it happened, because if it didn't, you'd be dead from an assassination :P. Ubi said they put that animation in there to compensate for mass amounts of lag where the kill or stun wouldn't have been fair.

It's most of the reason lag switches don't work in this game. Otherwise, people could lag-switch stun everytime they saw their pursuer even from mildly far away, or lag-switch kill everytime someone was on their screen. There's no like, button or ability/perk for it just for reference!