PDA

View Full Version : Help! Sound problem with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

hh42
10-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I installed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory after trying the demo. I had no problems with demo. But now sound in dialogs is delayed or does not play at all, and music in menu and ambient sounds suddenly stops playing and then starts playing again. I tried reinstalling the game, installing the latest patch and updated my sound card drivers but it didn't help. What to do?
My specs:
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
- ATI Radeon X800 XL
- AMD Athlon 64 3000+
- 1 GB RAM
- Win XP Home Edition

hh42
10-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I installed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory after trying the demo. I had no problems with demo. But now sound in dialogs is delayed or does not play at all, and music in menu and ambient sounds suddenly stops playing and then starts playing again. I tried reinstalling the game, installing the latest patch and updated my sound card drivers but it didn't help. What to do?
My specs:
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
- ATI Radeon X800 XL
- AMD Athlon 64 3000+
- 1 GB RAM
- Win XP Home Edition

hh42
10-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok, I tried it with my friends computer and it worked perfectly. He has intergrated sound card and quite similiar specs. Then I tried it with my new Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic and I got the same problem! I've tried turn turn on/off almost every possible setting, but the problem doesn't go away. Maybe it's something with some audio codecs I've installed?
Please help me, I really want to play this game but I don't wan't to reinstall Windows. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif