PDA

View Full Version : For the Developers in Ubisoft (IT REALLY IS IMPORTANT)

Spidy_stb
09-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Hi. My name is Sajid. I wanted to bring a serious issue to you regarding assassins creed 1 but could not find time. Actually i went to buy assassins creed 1 to the store but i was told that they are not buying AC1 because in a stage in AC1 (i don't know which)Altair walks on the name of the God of Muslims (written in Arabic script) due to which many Muslims are not buying the game. Well i am not buying it too because of the same reason. I you remove the name by the help of a patch i am sure that they all will buy it your sales will also increase. I don't know exactly that whether it is written on the wall or on the floor but it is definitely there and Altair has to walk on it. I am seriously looking forward to your reply. And i am new to these forums and i don't know whether i will be able to find this topic again or not so kindly do tell me about your response to this. I am sure that you will do something for this.

Thank you

<span class="ev_code_RED">*edit* Do not publish personal details on the forums.</span>

NoxieDC
09-02-2009, 06:15 AM
I really wish you knew which stage this was in, because my curiosity got high a bit.

Cpt_Yanni
09-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Can someone confirm this that this is really in the game? Because I don't believe a lot of this (else we should have read about this at the release of the game nO?)

MartaVasques
09-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi, Sajid, welcome. So, can you ask the guys at the store where exactly in the game does this happen? I’m guessing it’s at the end… But now you left us all curious!

katz_bg
09-02-2009, 06:38 AM
The game does not contain direct trampling of any god, but it makes reference to myths held by the Greek and Abrahamic religions as true and says they are but an illusion. I've played the console version many times and do not recall any texts on the floor except for the encrypted messages at the end.

If you're depriving yourself of experiencing the game just because it portrays ideas that go against your dogma that is entirely YOUR problem. Not only are you missing out on a good game, but you're also closing your mind to the possibility that something you believe might not be true.

ScytheOfGrim
09-02-2009, 06:53 AM
It's sad when you make so many mistakes. It really is.

First of all, I spent more than ten minutes staring at every Arabic-looking inscription in the game, and none of them contain the word "God", in any shape or form.
Many of the Arabic text looks like it was pulled out of the Qur'an, but the thing is that it's only a few words stuck together, then repeatedly copied and pasted as a texture. This creates the illusion that the game has Arabic inscriptions all over the mosques, when, in reality, it's simply repeating the same three or four words over and over. And, mind you, it's all so blurry you can barely read anything.

Second, there is no Arabic writing on the floor.

Third, even if the text on the side of the mosques contained the word "God", or something similar, Altair never sets foot on it.
Why?
Because there's no foothold or crevice there, so while climbing, Altair can never place his foot onto it (thanks to the game's climbing engine), making it impossible for him to step on the text.

So, let's not rush about like headless chickens every time we hear something without ever receiving any proof.

NoxieDC
09-02-2009, 07:03 AM
So this was an empty, female dogly threat with no actual proof? Can't say I'm overly disappointed...

MartaVasques
09-02-2009, 07:05 AM
I’m guessing they’re referring to the end of the game, when Desmond uses the Eagle Vision to see the writings on the walls and the floor. But I don’t recall anything written in Arabic there. I googled it and couldn’t find anything on this “controversy”. Maybe one of the mods could tell us something…

Charlie_Romeo
09-02-2009, 07:16 AM
i don't know whether i will be able to find this topic again

i can gelp u there lol, there a find button on the page if u just type oin the name of the thread it will show up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ScytheOfGrim
09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by MartaVasques:
I’m guessing they’re referring to the end of the game, when Desmond uses the Eagle Vision to see the writings on the walls and the floor. But I don’t recall anything written in Arabic there. I googled it and couldn’t find anything on this “controversy”. Maybe one of the mods could tell us something…

There is one word in Arabic, as far as I remember.
It was one of the synonyms for "The Day of Judgment".

Gazman16
09-02-2009, 08:13 AM
seeing as Assassins Creed sales have reached well over 8 million, I cant imagine Ubi is too worried...

godsmack_darius
09-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Wasnt this game made (story wise and history wise) by jews, christians, muslims etc etc, to promote different religions,

Like in the game, nothing bad is mentioned about religion, you see things the way they were back then, with prophets talking about their religion, etc

NoxieDC
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
TC got humiliation! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

godsmack_darius
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
No you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

dont ask its an inside joke

Edengoth
09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Erm, from the sound of the post it sounds like he means Altair literally walks over the written name, to all those that are defending the game as not being offensive. I don't think the accusation is about literal offensiveness, but about some obscure religious rule accidentally broken.

Anyway, I doubt Ubi is going to patch this.

FROGGEman2
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
It's sad when you make so many mistakes. It really is.

First of all, I spent more than ten minutes staring at every Arabic-looking inscription in the game, and none of them contain the word "God", in any shape or form.
Many of the Arabic text looks like it was pulled out of the Qur'an, but the thing is that it's only a few words stuck together, then repeatedly copied and pasted as a texture. This creates the illusion that the game has Arabic inscriptions all over the mosques, when, in reality, it's simply repeating the same three or four words over and over. And, mind you, it's all so blurry you can barely read anything.

Second, there is no Arabic writing on the floor.

Third, even if the text on the side of the mosques contained the word "God", or something similar, Altair never sets foot on it.
Why?
Because there's no foothold or crevice there, so while climbing, Altair can never place his foot onto it (thanks to the game's climbing engine), making it impossible for him to step on the text.

So, let's not rush about like headless chickens every time we hear something without ever receiving any proof.

You do the most extraordinary research http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif