PDA

View Full Version : Will Ubisoft listen to what gamers want??

Lethal1940
07-06-2008, 10:39 PM
I know there are many other issues that have been discussed (and cussed) in this forum.
But here is one that is a pet peave with me!!

Will Ubisoft ever give us SADS with support for CO-OP Terrorist Hunt??
(and also a graphical interface)
(I would even settle for one without the interface at this time)

I have gone through and counted the servers and players on several ocassions.
There are always a ton of servers for all versus modes because they have SADS servers, but there are very few players.

There are a fair number of Hunt servers but many more players than versus, yet Ubisoft doesn't seem interested in adding T-Hunt to their SADS.

This would be so easy to do and could be done as DLC in a very small file.

I checked this afternoon, Sunday July 6, and this is what I found.
(I live in Florida)

Deathmatch - 4 servers - 2 players!
T-Deathmatch - 42 servers - 69 players
Conquest - 16 servers - 0 players
Team Leader - 8 servers - 0 players
Attack and Defend - 14 servers - 7 players

T-Hunt - 32 servers - 106 players

SADS would really help the lag issues in Hunt and eliminate the host advantage.
A listen server is okay for LAN, but sucks for online play.

Everyone I know plays T-Hunt and the host advantage and lag issues are unacceptable!

Please get this to someone with some authority with Ubisoft!!
(And some concern for it's player base!!)

wildcard360
07-07-2008, 01:23 AM
dude seriously, get a life!

the update met more demands (from players) than expected and if you have any live related issues do this:

- run your feed straight to the xbox (no router)
- Get better service
- play in rooms with less people (xbox live was never intended to hold over 8 people although it does but performance aint garanteed).
- do not log in to windows live.
- keep over 11 gigs of free mem on your HD.
- Clean your cache.

if that doesn't help, you could always try pc games.

Lethal1940
07-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by wildcard360:

the update met more demands (from players) than expected and if you have any live related issues do this:

- Get better service
- play in rooms with less people (xbox live was never intended to hold over 8 people although it does but performance aint garanteed).
- Clean your cache.

#1 - I am running a PC not an Xbox!

#2 - SADS stands for "Stand Alone Dedicated Server!!!"

#3 - The patch did nothing for SADS, it is unchanged!

I am running a dedicated server for other gamers to play on!

Just to clearify for you .. SADS is a text based server that allows other gamers to join and provides much better game play online with little or no lag (There are no graphics running on the server!!!)

It has absolutely nothing to do with playing the game!
I can play all I want with no problems!

I am asking Ubisoft to add Terrorist Hunt to the SADS they already include in their game files!!

Maybe do a little research next time before posting!!!

takajim
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by wildcard360:

- Get better service
- Clean your cache.

Get a life?????

A person comes here to seek help and the first thing you do is ridicule them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I don't get it. What on earth would necessitate such a childish moronic answer. Does this make you feel better about yourself?? Maybe add to your self-esteem? If you do not like yourself then seek professional help to change yourself. Do not come into a public forum and flog an inquisitive mind for trying to make a difference in this world.
Granted changing the way a stand alone dedicated server runs will not bring world peace. It does however have the chance to bring people together for a uniformed cause in a game. On the teamspeak I run, I talk to people from all over the world. We all have a differing point of view but we learn from each other. Yes when we are not playing games we talk politics, world affairs and current events. The upholding factor though is that I have learned about life in various parts of the world. This person may not know the answer to this question but he also may know the answer to a question you may have one day.
To dismiss a person based perceived intellect, race or economic status is to show just how intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others you are.

People such as you are one reason I will not purchase this game. I support Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty with servers and gaming help. I run a server for both and help people build mods for CoD and CoD4. I have supplied such mods for download on websites. I openly give help without reservation for CoD CoD:UO CoD2 and COD4. This is not the kind of help one would expect from those communities. The mods would also not allow the personal attacks but what do you expect from a forum where one mod is named after a bowel movement from an inane ostentatious television program.

Your help, provided it was for the right platform but was not http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif, may have helped. But the pre and post help message was intolerable.

Go ahead and respond with your close-minded adolescent retorts but they shall upon deaf ears as I will not be responding to the lower immaturity levels that you have displayed.

WhiteKnight77
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
This illustrates the need for seperate console and PC forums.

NOS.TAKKTIX
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
I agree with WhiteKnight..

spnest323
07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
i agree with wild card everyone needs to stop crying wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lethal1940
07-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by spnest323:
i agree with wild card everyone needs to stop crying wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't see anyone crying here unless it's you!

We are asking for Ubisoft to provide a legitimate addition to the exsisting SADS, that will help both the gamer and Ubisoft.
I don't see where that is too much to ask!

I appears that the problem here is that the console gamers have no idea what a SADS is or what it's function is.

I have to agree with WhiteKnight77, and NOS.TAKKTIX .. This once again proves the need for separate PC and console forums!!!

noubiforyou
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
No. What in the history of Ubisoft, Rainbow Six and especially Vegas would make you dillusional enough to think they'd take anyone's suggestion?
Have you NOT been paying attention the last 2 years? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Lethal1940
07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, I guess I just don't give up easily and hope one day Ubisoft will actually listen to it's customer base!!

But you are right .. this is probably falling on deaf ears at Ubisoft .. just as it has for the past 2 years as you mentioned!!

Maybe one day Ubisoft will surprise us and give us some things that gamers really want!!

wildcard360
07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
k First of all, state if your problem is PC or console related. Second not only Ubisoft but several companies are having problems with the Unreal Engine, so much that Epic is being sued by several developing companies for technical issues. So before everyone start crying about tech issues to the developers you should look more into the problem's source and

YES I DO MY RESERACH!

Megalodon26
07-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Wildcard, if you had read the first post at all before chiming in, he had repeatedly used the term SADS, which has been and most likely always be a PC specific issue, so he didn't have to state it was for PC, just as if you make a comment about RROD, we know you are having problems with your 360.

Doing research usually includes reading whatever you find. Just a heads up, it will help you in school.

Lethal1940
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks bigrexxx! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I apprciate you trying to clarify to wildcard, But he just doesn't seem to get it.!!

Ubisoft already released SADS for Vegas 2 and I am running some SADS for versus modes!

I am simply asking Ubisoft to add support for T-Hunt in the already existing SADS.
It has nothing to do with problems with the Unreal engine or anything else metioned in the above post.
Not that technical and would be very easy to do for Ubisoft.

There are probably several gamers here who could figure it out if that had an interest!!

I actually got a T-Hunt SADS running, but then couldn't find it online.
But then I really don't know enough about this sort of thing and don't pretend to.

MD_Sennet
07-08-2008, 09:38 PM
SADS also does not currently work for High Stakes mode either.

So an update to SADS is most likely in progress, which means addressing an official SADS fix for T-Hunt could also be a possibility at this time.

GSG_9_Rage
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Keep it cool, guys.

Professor61
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
To answer the question in your subject: No, they will not listen to the CUSTOMERS. They never will. They will simply close your threads as though you never posted them.

WhiteKnight77
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Professor61:
To answer the question in your subject: No, they will not listen to the CUSTOMERS. They never will. They will simply close your threads as though you never posted them.

Actually, they will ignore what you say (I saw this earlier today).

GSG_9_Rage
07-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Professor61:
They will simply close your threads as though you never posted them.

No. They will not. And if it does happen, which it has, I re-open the thread. Noone's opinion should be censored.

Lethal1940
07-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by MD_Sennet:
SADS also does not currently work for High Stakes mode either.

So an update to SADS is most likely in progress, which means addressing an official SADS fix for T-Hunt could also be a possibility at this time.

I hope you are right Sennet,

SADS does need an update to fix some of the issues and hopefully, Ubisoft will add T-Hunt while they are are working on it.
Sure hope that is their intention so we can all come back and say "Thanks You Ubisoft for listening to your gamer base"

It would surely be nice to be able to do that, and I will be one of the first on the list to thank Ubisoft if that happens!!!

We had a SADS for T-Hunt in Vegas 1, and although I'm not 100% sure, it seems like Ubisoft actually provided a SADS server for Hunt and other modes.

Sub_
07-09-2008, 07:42 PM
SADS = computer enough said. if you do not know what SADS means then you play xbox.

GG

anywayas to add to the SADS, i think high steaks should be alloud on SADS. also i think we need counsol commands. for map changes, kicking, restart map, ect.

the real question is why SADS? why cant we be hosted by a real server like in RVS before ubi bought out red storm?

in my opinion i think we should go back to the RVS engine and upgrade the graphics.

BilBoTeaBaggins
07-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Sub_ your sads will be what you make it. If you want quad xeons then you pay for it....personally ide rather have that control then rely on some ubi servers. You cant really match on corporate servers either as you have no control.
What i would like is a system like novalogics where you sign in to your region. Then you dont have Euros in North America servers and visa versa. Lag makes this game a joke. Sure you dont have bunny hoppers but instead you have naked straffers where all they do is wear no armor so they can straff around and use their lag better. Then they get praise for being top gamers???? Thats like allowing lag switches.

WhiteKnight77
07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Sub_:
SADS = computer enough said. if you do not know what SADS means then you play xbox.

GG

anywayas to add to the SADS, i think high steaks should be alloud on SADS. also i think we need counsol commands. for map changes, kicking, restart map, ect.

the real question is why SADS? why cant we be hosted by a real server like in RVS before ubi bought out red storm?

in my opinion i think we should go back to the RVS engine and upgrade the graphics.

Something for all to remember, Ubi Montreal is resposible for Raven Shield, not RSE even though the RSE logo is on the box and in the game. Ubi Montreal developed Raven Shield.

MD_Sennet
07-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Something for all to remember, Ubi Montreal is resposible for Raven Shield, not RSE even though the RSE logo is on the box and in the game. Ubi Montreal developed Raven Shield.
Which is the most frustrating thing of all, because Vegas 1 and 2 lack in many simple area's where Raven Shield excelled.

They decided to change so much of what worked instead of building ontop of it.

BilBoTeaBaggins
07-10-2008, 12:52 AM
i suppose that would explain why i and alot of my buds stopped playing the r6 series the day Ravenshield came out. As i remember it didnt have a happy welcome either and most of those who did welcome it were new to the series.
I didnt stick with it long enough to see how it turned out after patches since there were so many being put out by novalogic at the time that were far more tactical and playable.(landwarrior,blackhawk down, then the joint ops series) Geez, even OFP or SOF2 were better options to me.

WhiteKnight77
07-10-2008, 12:56 AM
While I have RvS, I didn't buy it (no it's not a pirated copy either, it is entirely legal) nor have I bought any other R6 game since Ubi Montreal created Black Thorn.

Lethal1940
07-10-2008, 08:39 AM
While I have RvS, I didn't buy it (no it's not a pirated copy either, it is entirely legal) nor have I bought any other R6 game since Ubi Montreal created Black Thorn.

Smart man indeed!!!

I got Vegas 1 free with a Video card and that's how I got started in the series.
I also have Ravenshield, Blackthrorn, and some others that came free with something.

I am a system builder so I am always getting games free, but I never installed or played any of the above.

I did pay a discounted price for Vegas 2 .... But!!! I will never buy another Ubisoft game and that is a very firm promise!!!!!
(Ubisoft would have to make some huge advances in their quality .. Games and support!!)

I have never received such horrible support/response for anything I have purchased to date!!

And .. as I have stated in past posts ... Vegas 2 could be a very good game if Ubisoft would just listen to it's customer base, respond and keep customers informed, and most importantly ... actually fix and finish their games as they should be!!!!

It's really sad when there are only a total of 88 players online in all modes of Vegas 2 when I checked this morning!!

tycalmewanderer
07-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Hey they made some fixes on the game after many complaints .....maybe they'll make some for the SADS Sever if we keep COMPLAINING...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(IF you play as often as we do on (PC) you would understand the FRUSTRATION!!!

Lethal1940
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by tycalmewanderer:
Hey they made some fixes on the game after many complaints .....maybe they'll make some for the SADS Sever if we keep COMPLAINING...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(IF you play as often as we do on (PC) you would understand the FRUSTRATION!!!

Yes, I agree!

If Ubisoft employees (especially, high level employees) played the game often, they would feel the frustration that we do, and you can bet the game would be fixed!!

WhiteKnight77
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
There was an interview with Yves Guillimot and was asked if his kids played video games and the reply was yes, they played and even moreso, approved how V2 plays even. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

AWC_Pest
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Ever since UBI bought the rights for Rainbow Six and Clancy they have improperly used it to push video games (Lockdown and Vegas) that have nothing to do with the original 3 games or the Clancy books.

We are left with a mutliplayer experience that includes teams of multicolored mercenaries with health regen, 3rd person views, and big coins over people's heads instead of teams of matching counter terrorists that can go prone, lean, and control how slow/fast a door opens and how far it opens...

I won't even get into the lack of a map editor and real Stand Alone Dedicated Server...

Perhaps the next game will continue where Ravenshield left off and we will pretend that Lockdown and Vegas never happend...much like with Bobby Ewing's death in the show "Dallas" where the entire previous season was just a dream.

MD_Sennet
07-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Same here. Not pirated, but I don't pay for things I know could have been alot more polished than they are. I'll be doing this with UBI games until they prove they've changed.

There was an interview with Yves Guillimot and was asked if his kids played video games and the reply was yes, they played and even moreso, approved how V2 plays even. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif Do you have a link to this interview?

MD_Sennet
07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by AWC_Pest:
Ever since UBI bought the rights for Rainbow Six and Clancy they have improperly used it to push video games (Lockdown and Vegas) that have nothing to do with the original 3 games or the Clancy books.

We are left with a mutliplayer experience that includes teams of multicolored mercenaries with health regen, 3rd person views, and big coins over people's heads instead of teams of matching counter terrorists that can go prone, lean, and control how slow/fast a door opens and how far it opens...

I won't even get into the lack of a map editor and real Stand Alone Dedicated Server...

Perhaps the next game will continue where Ravenshield left off and we will pretend that Lockdown and Vegas never happend...much like with Bobby Ewing's death in the show "Dallas" where the entire previous season was just a dream.
On the money. And don't forget how UBI decided the planning phase was an unnecessary part of the experience.

I would be thrilled to see a 'Dallas' scenario with the next installment. At the very least we know it will not be set in Vegas again.

WhiteKnight77
07-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MD_Sennet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Same here. Not pirated, but I don't pay for things I know could have been alot more polished than they are. I'll be doing this with UBI games until they prove they've changed.

There was an interview with Yves Guillimot and was asked if his kids played video games and the reply was yes, they played and even moreso, approved how V2 plays even. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif Do you have a link to this interview? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't find where I saw the link to that interview, but if I remember, I will post it.