PDA

View Full Version : So.. Weapon pick-ups (custom maps)..

cre8nhavoc
08-26-2008, 11:42 AM
When I built my maps in the first Far Cry, I was typically more about letting players pick their weapons from an armory. I noticed in the Map Editor demo vid that there is now a crate? Is this crate a part of the mission-based games, or will there actually be a weapon box that I can put in the map to allow player to pick & choose their weapons?

Also, anymore vids or info on the map editor the better! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

cre8nhavoc
08-26-2008, 11:42 AM
When I built my maps in the first Far Cry, I was typically more about letting players pick their weapons from an armory. I noticed in the Map Editor demo vid that there is now a crate? Is this crate a part of the mission-based games, or will there actually be a weapon box that I can put in the map to allow player to pick & choose their weapons?

Also, anymore vids or info on the map editor the better! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BlitzQuick
08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
i am kind of hoping for a system like cod where you can choose a primary and a secondary and then your explosive...but if it is pick ups it will still be alright...i think the idea you bring up of the weapon crate...it would be cool if you could go in it and pick and swap weapons...or like everyone starts off with a knife but you can put a ammo box at both main spawns so right in the begining everyone runs up to it loads up for the mission depending on settings and what not...once there done go on with the game

cre8nhavoc
08-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, all of my team based maps have the armory idea where people can pick the weapons they want.

PurplePaint
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I remember seeing an interview with clint saying that the MP was kit-based. (Pick you weapons.) I dont know if its like cod4 or more like BF:Bad Company

Monstervodka
08-26-2008, 05:55 PM
From what I know the "Weapon Crates" you're referring to are Ammo Crates where you can regroup to gather more ammo/shoot and they'll explose firing off shots everywhere.

Muffin_man_XD
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I actually like this idea.

cre8nhavoc
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I know there are the weapon crates, but I wasn't sure if the same crates could be used to pick your kit/weapons.

I have no issues with placing weapons on my map (still like to put some powerful ones around the maps I make), but from the begining I'd like to let players choose what they want. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Fedaykin552
08-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Kinda like RSV2 outfitting crates? that would be cool although a box in a room with a sign that says armory isn't as cool (IMO) as a room where every wall is covered with guns and ammo of every style and calibre you could want.

Personally I would like both options so if I need just like a quick reload, put in a box but if I wanted a more complex armory I would use the wall to wall weapons