PDA

View Full Version : I <3 Revelations



giaquinto718
11-20-2011, 12:04 PM
I had my doubts in the beginning, hearing feedback about the beta, but this game is growing on me and i love it, why am i posting my own separate thread to ignore all the other negativeness i see on here and just simply separate in hopes you devs see it, I think you guys did a phenomenal job with RDM, I have the 3rd highest kill score on my friends list as a NON smoke and poison in all modes but one

Patience isnt hard, and the reward behind it is greater, and i have a diverse yet different playing style because i dont use offensive smoke, ive mixed my style to still be fast yet stealthy along with keeping mental note of what I need to achieve extreme varieties. Something I didnt do in ACB because i was about pure speed and streak chaining, a manhunt playing style that I originated on the 360 side for manhunt and became successful for most non offensive smoke users who played the game when i spread my secrets on perks & etc

now to see myself go from someone who had an average kill score on acb to one of the top on ACR i ask all of you who use smoke & poison why not just give it time and do the same it isnt hard, espically when im running templar vision and knives in manhunt

templar.... the apparent ability of the noob that i brought some standard to despite the competitive communities dislike to it

this kill score talk isnt me trying to brag, its me trying to show you guys if i can do it without a smoke bomb get good scores on my kills, and good scores after the 10 mins is said and done why cant you all. Things take time to grow and you just have to be patient...

I'll admit the contested kill/stun range has gotten crazy, but you all talk about how you love defense so clearly you enjoy contesting people its an exchange, and defense has gotten much easier in Revelations overall, I average 5 to 6k on defense in manhunt solo, to play the Revelations point game you have to be diverse, smart, & patient on the bonuses you achieve

The only two huge downfalls for me is the fact that you cant score over 15k. Ubi? give me a break why would you set bars when theres so many people out there who play this game and can score more than testers, etc

Yes i see the point to stop boosting, but when you take away something we achieve and grow excited about as that EPIC game progresses & to than see its end isnt gona make any competitive player happy. Would you rather see a diverse leaerboard or one where everyone is capped at 15k all the way down??

What does it matter about these boosters? We the community knows whos boosting and who isnt...

2nd downfall are having crappy teammates who may sometimes take that time consumed hidden, incog, focus bonus away from me, after a few it can get frustrating but in the end i still get a good score

overall though i fricken love this game, i love the challenge behind it, and honestly i started acb as a simple single mode manhunt player, i was versatile at any other modes until much later, carrying on to revelations i realise that the people who arent complaining are phenomenal at multiple modes, therefore their styles are very diverse no matter what mode they play

to play revelations you have to be smart about your class setups for each mode as they will dramatically increase the experience and your scores, dont come on this game and complain, sit back and say you dont enjoy it when you havent unlocked everything, let alone craft a single ability

once you hit level 30 the game changes and becomes more enjoyable and I hope anyone who debates buying this game sees this...

Dont sitback and cry how the game quote on quote "sucks" after 3 hours of play and youre sitting at level 15.. No, things dont work that way anywhere. Dont expect to be able to pick something up and just dominate straight away.

Give it time level up, craft, be creative, experiment all of this will lead to a successful gameplay experience, sure i miss the ACB system but if this is what is here to stay than so am I, I'm over it and im enjoying this journey as I feel like its making me a better play

I'm grateful to see ubi install multiplayer again, you all complain of a new multiplayer but i gurantee you alot of people would be furious if they didnt make one at all, be grateful...

and if you dont think its possible to be successful on this game just watch some gameplay videos from me on youtube, if that doesnt satisfy you i will find someones videos who do...

Simple enough

Wonderful job & Cheers Ubi <3

TheBullWillWin
11-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I just found out a good way to avoid contested kills is to use mute. So I will definitely use RR mute and RR disguise

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 12:38 PM
If they fix the level cap and the team connectivity issues, it would be great. I dont always agree with the RDM, but I can deal with it either way.

persiateddy95
11-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm stuck at 15k on Assassinate. I just need them to take that away so I can go on with my business. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just Krispy
11-20-2011, 12:53 PM
his kill score talk isnt me trying to brag, its me trying to show you guys if i can do it without a smoke bomb get good scores on my kills, and good scores after the 10 mins is said and done why cant you all. Things take time to grow and you just have to be patient...
I'd like to know how.....because I can't get to a flipping target without getting killed. Body guard doesn't work half the time, walking to it with a blend group is too slow and firecrackers don't work great.

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Smoke bomb, teleport, disguise(if on deathmatch) mute, throwing knives, running away, there are way more ways to be defensive in this game than offensive.

Kurayaml
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I actually tend to use Smoke Bomb more on my targets than pursuers. When they notice me and go for the Contested Kill, I smoke bomb to keep my Incognito and get Focus.

But yeah, this game is much better than people on here make it out to be.

giaquinto718
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
in manhunt i use templar and knives or disguise and knives

i use knives to set up acrobatics, hiddens, silents, incogs, avoid being contested etc

I recommend crafting the longer knives possible

rocketxsurgeon
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
If they fix the level cap and the team connectivity issues, it would be great. I dont always agree with the RDM, but I can deal with it either way.

Agreed.

TheBullWillWin
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by giaquinto718:
in manhunt i use templar and knives or disguise and knives

i use knives to set up acrobatics, hiddens, silents, incogs, avoid being contested etc

I recommend crafting the longer knives possible

Question though. I thought when u run up a wall for a acro ur meter goes down. I knifed somebody and than proceeded to slowly but eventually run up a wall and acro him but it became discreet.

E-Zekiel
11-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Kurayaml:
I actually tend to use Smoke Bomb more on my targets than pursuers. When they notice me and go for the Contested Kill, I smoke bomb to keep my Incognito and get Focus.

But yeah, this game is much better than people on here make it out to be.

That's because the people here are less skilled than they make themselves out to be, and the "Revelation" of Revelations is that fact. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Or at the very least, can't adapt. But of course they always say OMG I CAN ADAPT, but if that were true they'd not live such ungrateful whiny existences.

There are some that have legitimate problems that I dunno how they can be fixed because they are kind of individual (lag, matchmaking problems, not getting contracts). Obliviondoll is one that has a lot of my respect, but I just dunno how to fix the lag for him & others like him. I don't have it, I know it's there for some people...it sucks, but I just don't know.

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
E-zekiel, read this post. Read it slowly.

Some of us dont give a crap about the RDM. I may not agree with it for every mode, but I can adapt. Things like the worse lock system, the 15k score limit, and the team connectivity issues are what we are REALLY mad about.

So please, stop looking like an ignorant dunce and actually read people's posts for once.

persiateddy95
11-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Maybe he's like a bot, lmao. xD

E-Zekiel
11-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
E-zekiel, read this post. Read it slowly.

Some of us dont give a crap about the RDM. I may not agree with it for every mode, but I can adapt. Things like the worse lock system, the 15k score limit, and the team connectivity issues are what we are REALLY mad about.

So please, stop looking like an ignorant dunce and actually read people's posts for once.

I like how you say that, but I didn't talk about the RDM in my post. Maybe you should stop being the ignorant dunce and read mine.

FlailingAmigo
11-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
the people here are less skilled than they make themselves out to be, and the "Revelation" of Revelations is that fact.


QFT

The 'tricks' of the game (read exploits) such as the recognito run don't work anymore and people are butthurt about it. They will continue to moan until they find a new exploit.

So far I've seen 2 legitimate problems with ACR:

1 - The 15k Score Cap
2 - The group matchmaking - Im ok with it starting 2v2 games initially as I'd rather play than sit in a loading screen for 10 minutes. But the fact matchmaking outright doesn't work in groups of 2 is balls

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 04:50 PM
What do you mean by "they dont adapt" then? Thats what many of them are saying, they CAN adapt, but it is some of the GLARING flaws they are worried about. My point still stands, read others post.

Edit: Thank you FlailingAmigo, those are the two most glaring flaws in the game.

E-Zekiel
11-20-2011, 05:01 PM
What tends to annoy me most about people wanting to change mechanics in AC:R is when they mention reducing stun range, bringing back stun lock (mind you, I ALWAYS posted in support of stunlock when in AC:B, but now that I've played AC:R, I honestly like its absence more than I liked its presence), among others.

But on the topic of RDM, I do have to say I keep seeing "omg I can adapt but I hate it!", and feel that if that's the case you should stop playing. I don't usually cite it, though, because more and more of the players who once said it was the end of the world are, in fact, starting to adapt.

I do think scores shouldn't be hard-capped, but I think only a few people have actually hit them, and a few others are completely full of **** and just stirring up a storm (like ACRUINATION) because they don't like the way the game has gone. As a note, among the people [this is not a complete list] I believe have actually done it are Xantos, you of course (Zoidberg), Ted, etc. There are a few others I can't recall offhand, but I'll not hide my annoyance at those I'm fairly certain are full of crap. :P

As for team matchmaking, it annoys me too. I've been split up a few times, but that's nothing new from AC:B, so what annoys me on this topic is when people act like it's specific to AC:R. But make no mistake, I don't like it either.

Where I MIGHT disagree though...When it comes to team modes? I can go either way on that one, in terms of randomizing and shuffling teams as opposed to putting friends all on one. I like playing teamed with friends, but I can see how it will provide an overall less frustrating experience to players who are not running with friends.

IrosoMeyi186
11-20-2011, 05:01 PM
I gotta admit i had Rock bottom expectations for this game and Ubisoft delivered to me and more so i will play this to hearts Content until i eventually pick up BF3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GameRenegade
11-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by IrosoMeyi186:
I gotta admit i had Rock bottom expectations for this game and Ubisoft delivered to me and more so i will play this to hearts Content until i eventually pick up BF3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
or Skyrim lol

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
What tends to annoy me most about people wanting to change mechanics in AC:R is when they mention reducing stun range, bringing back stun lock (mind you, I ALWAYS posted in support of stunlock when in AC:B, but now that I've played AC:R, I honestly like its absence more than I liked its presence), among others.

But on the topic of RDM, I do have to say I keep seeing "omg I can adapt but I hate it!", and feel that if that's the case you should stop playing. I don't usually cite it, though, because more and more of the players who once said it was the end of the world are, in fact, starting to adapt.

I do think scores shouldn't be hard-capped, but I think only a few people have actually hit them, and a few others are completely full of **** and just stirring up a storm (like ACRUINATION) because they don't like the way the game has gone. As a note, among the people [this is not a complete list] I believe have actually done it are Xantos, you of course (Zoidberg), Ted, etc. There are a few others I can't recall offhand, but I'll not hide my annoyance at those I'm fairly certain are full of crap. :P

As for team matchmaking, it annoys me too. I've been split up a few times, but that's nothing new from AC:B, so what annoys me on this topic is when people act like it's specific to AC:R. But make no mistake, I don't like it either.

Where I MIGHT disagree though...When it comes to team modes? I can go either way on that one, in terms of randomizing and shuffling teams as opposed to putting friends all on one. I like playing teamed with friends, but I can see how it will provide an overall less frustrating experience to players who are not running with friends.

Holy crap dude. Ive never gotten close to 15k XD. I just feel for those that have and think it is something that needs to be fixed.

Also YourInnate and Nick Nitrous have both done it on xbox side And im sure there is a whole lot more as well.

Purgeknight
11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
FINALLY, some people who also enjoy this game. XD

E-Zekiel
11-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Really? Well...ok then :P My current highest is 11800 manhunt...haven't breached 10k in other modes yet. (note: I do not play assassinate)

YourInnate was another on my list I couldn't think of offhand /nod

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 05:23 PM
My highest is 10150 in Escort, But I play modes like AA, Escort, and Deathmatch. Except for deathmatch most of those modes dont really have 15k scoring potential, lol.

Purgeknight
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
My highest is 10150 in Escort, But I play modes like AA, Escort, and Deathmatch. Except for deathmatch most of those modes dont really have 15k scoring potential, lol.
My highest score was in the late beta stages, does mine still count? XD (11.2k wanted)

persiateddy95
11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I know that next time I won't stop. I'll go as far as I can, beyond 20k if needed.

If the servers can't handle +15k, I'll break them myself, lol.

giaquinto718
11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TheBullWillWin:
Question though. I thought when u run up a wall for a acro ur meter goes down. I knifed somebody and than proceeded to slowly but eventually run up a wall and acro him but it became discreet.

are you using the perk that decrase the speed in which your meter drops, do you have the longest knives for incrase focus and meter recovery once on the wall focusing?

and yes the game isnt hard last night i put up an 11k in assassinate with only 2 other people in the lobby, im sure they werent happy because i only died 3 times and neither had over 1000 points, they were mid levels. When the lobby started someone left yet the game still carried on with 3

Zoidberg747
11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I know that next time I won't stop. I'll go as far as I can, beyond 20k if needed.

If the servers can't handle +15k, I'll break them myself, lol.

XD

TheBullWillWin
11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by giaquinto718:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheBullWillWin:
Question though. I thought when u run up a wall for a acro ur meter goes down. I knifed somebody and than proceeded to slowly but eventually run up a wall and acro him but it became discreet.

are you using the perk that decrase the speed in which your meter drops, do you have the longest knives for incrase focus and meter recovery once on the wall focusing?

and yes the game isnt hard last night i put up an 11k in assassinate with only 2 other people in the lobby, im sure they werent happy because i only died 3 times and neither had over 1000 points, they were mid levels. When the lobby started someone left yet the game still carried on with 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should I go with 1 slot cooldown and 1 slot duration on crafting knives.

giaquinto718
11-20-2011, 07:45 PM
i dont think youll need cooldown, id rather have the best knives i can to use on a target for the increased time to set up kills

TheBullWillWin
11-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Eh u got a point my man. U should play artifact assault with me and Hades?!

trikky d
11-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes there are some frustrations in ACR, but I think the folks at Ubisoft Annecy have done an impeccable job at improving upon the multiplayer experience of ACB. A lot of the mechanics are different from what we're used to in ACB, but once the initial shock is over and we play it more we will get used to the mechanics of ACR, and few will ever want to go back to ACB (except maybe some manhunt players).

I like the visual polish that the game has, I like the new characters, I like the customisation, I love the new game modes, I even like what they tried to do with the RDM.

ACR is not ACB, it is a different beast and should be perceived this way. What worked in ACB will not work so well in ACR. Half of the fun of ACR, is trying to figure it out and learn all the nuances of the new mechanics, abilities, perks and new game modes, and developing new strategies to maximise your success.

I'm having a lot of fun with ACR. Just ask my wife... she hates it!

sirturmund
11-20-2011, 08:18 PM
I too absolutely love Revelations. When I first started ACB, I used to be a defensive player but then slowly I became more offensive with Disguise/Poison. In Revelations, I have gone back to my roots and have foun much success.

I love Deathmatch the most and average out 7.5k in every session of deathmatch I play with 10+ stuns. I have even been lucky enough to get a few 20+ stun matches, one of which I ended up scoring 9,600 which is my highest so far.

I enjoy Steal the Artifact and Corruption, but the constant running that my targets do have kept me mostly away from those modes.

I never got the DaVinci DLC for ACB, so it was my first time trying out Assassinate and Escort, and man do I love those modes. Assassinate is so fast-paced, and Escort has been a blast.

Of course, Artifact Assault is pretty darn awesome as well. Really glad for the additions of these new modes.

There are only two things I wish they would change, and which wouldn't change the game mechanics like most changes people suggest would do.

One is the voting system, which makes no sense why you can vote on a completely different mode. It should be a vote between 2 different maps than the one just played and the same map, all on the same mode. I have experienced now quite a few times either the lobby voting on a different mode and me having to leave, or the same map coming up every other map. I seriously had a 2 hour ACR Deathmatch session in which I played on MSM 5 times.

The other is the fact you can't have different variations of abilities for different sets. While in brotherhood you could have Rapid Reload smoke on one set and then Long Lasting Smoke on another set, in ACR you can't do that. Once you craft an ability that is the variation you are stuck with for all your sets. It sucks because I wish I could use a fully Long Lasting smoke bomb for manhunt while still keeping my 1-point long lasting and 1-point range smoke bomb that I use for Deathmatch.

Aside from those two things, I have had no problem with ACR and have enjoyed it. I just reached first prestige today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif