PDA

View Full Version : Idea to get people online

QuitSmokin
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello everyone,

As lots of you I bought this game because flying online is great fun.
As flying these planes is done in Arcade style, loads of people should be able to fly and have fun with BA2.

The thing that really disappoints me is that there's almost No Multiplayer community.

So instead of putting the game back on my shelf and looking for another game that does have good multiplayer features, I will try and make a difference:

UBISOFT needs to incorporate a CHATSCREEN into the game-lobby.
Much like a very old game called Crimson Skies.

Second thing that needs to be done is:
Make people able to see who is playing in an ongoing game.
This way moderate players can join their friends if they see them playing or moderate players can avoid dropping in on a game where two aces are having a blast etc.

It would also be a good thing if games could be locked so that say 4 friends could get have a private battle without interference.

The game is really good fun but this online feature needs some more love from the developers to get off the ground.

Really don't want to offend anybody just think some stuff has to be changed or this game will die a slow death right after birth.

Feel free to post comments or other idea's people, it's the only way we can make things work.

Thanks in advance.

ROU_Tormentor
10-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Looks like good ideas to me. But as never found anybody else online got no proper idea of how the MP works (or not) yet.

QuitSmokin
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
See that is the problem, people just don´t see eachother online.

When you create a game there´s a small chatscreen but there should be a big chatscreen BEFORE you create a game so people can talk to eachother.
Here people should be able to see who´s online, they can just sit and talk, make clan´s, discuss what kind of game to make etc.

Other thing that can be upgraded are the profiles they only work for singleplayer, online everyone has to fly with his Ubisoft name and that is just wrong.
Make profiles for online games too, how are players supposed to make a squad if they can´t even get names with the same tags.

Howabout making the big lobby resizable so that you can surf the net and do other stuff while watching-waiting for people to show up on the chatscreen.

It´s not that hard, some older games very similar to this one had a good multiplayer thing going and I am sure Ubisoft can do this aswell if they are interested.

ROU_Tormentor
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Yep Quit what u say makes sence.

Instead of waiting for UBI to help why not take the easy option. Everything u suggest is already catered for on 2 sites that I know of :
Gamespy and Hyperlobby. These 2 already provide everything from Lobby upwards for IL2, Pacific Fighters, Crimson skies etc etc.

Whats needed to get BA2 on 1 of thses sites ? Multiplayer should be a breeze then, providing it's not a laggy nightmare lol

Chains
11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey guys, one suggestion for getting the online thing going has already been posted on other threads, use xfire. I started an account and can be added to friends list under the name chains1. I certainly agree with the suggestions about improvements that could be made to help things get going, I remember the lobby for Crimson Skies and think that was one of the biggest assests of that game! I miss CS used to kick a lot of butt in there the Texas Rangers ruled! I hope this game doesn't die off and will do most anything to help get things going for BA2. How about forming a clan and renting a full time server? what would be involved there? is that feasable? Just a thought.

Blud_E_Gutz
11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
ah Crimson!!!! That was a game. I flew under XCP tags. Great Memories as well as fun!!!!

Why this game doesn't have a large following, (you ask).

Because it is so buggy and many got screwed over with the first version that they (like myself) didn't want to get ripped off again.

I could say more but I would likely be banned. UBI hasn't released a good PC version of a game for quite a while now.

Ubi and the devs knew whah the probs were with BA1 and they released another POS with the same problems?!!!! There is absolutely no excuse or reason what so ever for the joystick problems resurfacing after the debacle of BA 1!!!Ubi no longer has the devs that can program for the PC. Sorry, but UBI should ust stop releasing games for the PC. (imho)

belfastkiller
11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
this game is dead just like ba1 my opinion move on and dont waste your time enjoy the single play.
online is dead.
i wouldint bother posting about ideas on how the game can improve asking for this and that to be fixed it falls on deaf ears ubi dont listen, dont care.
ubi are a joke on ba1 forums a new dev appeared a year late asking what needs to be fixed as if ubi had interest it was for suckers to read the forums thinking ubi supported the game still
as ba1 2 was being released
this game will be the same in 6 months time dead

QuitSmokin
11-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeehaa good to meet you again Blud, I flew with Extreme Corporal Punishment aswell, under the name War_Angel.
With Injinsun and Nance(Younce his wife)we came over from UPA.

The good old times hehe hoped to relive some of those with this game.

Now this post is over 1 month old and still no dev. has made a response and the only people who did respond say the game is dying already.

This all makes me think it will not be possible for me to relive some good old times flying BA2.

Sad but true the single player game gets boring quick and there are no difficulty levels.

Thus without online gameplay I guess this copy gets donated to the kids next door like my other useless games.

Take care Blud and thanks to all who replied to this thread.

War_Angel out.

ROU_Tormentor
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
LMAO

Younce...I'd forget about that character. His picture is on Grims page.

Anybody got this game that not trying to re-live the glory days of Crimson Skies lol ??

Blud_E_Gutz
11-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Could you imagine if UBI actually had devs that knew how to progam and make a great flight game???

Too bad they screwed it up twice with back to back POS games.

Vykings, XCP, TR,Grey Squad, HA, BOP. SAF, _6FU_, RD and on and on!!! They had a chance to get a large ready made community back and playing as well League Play. Boy did they ever blow it.

The support from the company is more than a little lacking, just like the game and those that made and designed it for the PC.

SSPSteved400
11-19-2007, 08:34 AM
I would like to meet up with some people online.

A time could be set or something. I'm not very good at it but think this would be fun. If anyone is interested; lets talk.

I don't come in this forum much; but will stop back by occassionally to see if anyone is interested. Or; you can come by my clan forum and we can try to get things going. Whatever it takes.

I've tried to find online matches a dozen times over the last three months and only found 1 person on 1 time.

Here is where you can get to my clan's forum; I have a BA2 post in the General area.

http://www.428gto.com/ssp/sssquad.html

Ooid
12-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Right, the online community is growing on this one. And,..... you can do "private" fights with your friends. Only problems I've found are occassional lag makes things messy. But that has only happened 1 in 20.

Dustysquareback
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
You should all just man up and come play Il2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NadeSpam2.0
12-20-2007, 10:09 PM
If I may put my two cents in: It's not the dev. team doesn't care, but that they have to do other projects. It all boils down to making money or making a small group happy, which doens't bring in any money.

You guys have to think about this in terms of profitability. I know a lot of Dev. Team guys for various games and mods, and they are all a good group of people that are passionate about making games.

If you guys want to do what you can't get the Dev. Team to do, why not make mods or addons for this game? Build you own community and search around for experienced coders or even mod this game.

VLM
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by NadeSpam2.0:

If you guys want to do what you can't get the Dev. Team to do, why not make mods or addons for this game? Build you own community and search around for experienced coders or even mod this game.

Excuse me?!?! Oh lets all do the work for which we paid the dev. to do in the first place?!? I think not.

I have had this game installed on my system for less than 24 hours and I already feel ripped off. This game should not have been released with the problems that it has. I have installed the patch and still cannot get the X52 to work properly and the rudder peddels are not seen at all. Guess what... all my other flight sims see the input devices with no patch needed and allow the devices to perform normally. And Ubi promotes this game as a flight sim?

I guess it is my fault for not researching this fully and neglecting to notice that this was primarily a console game - not a high end PC game.

VLM

Melvisboy
01-01-2008, 05:44 AM
This is a great idea, because it's a great game and there are lots of people not on this forum interested in this BA2 community. We should start something up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lightning_1975
01-02-2008, 08:47 AM
What we need is a standalone server so some of us can put up a 24/7 server. Then you might have a common meeting place if everyone knows that there are a few servers they can log into all the time.

Fortester
01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
THT MY FRIEND IS JUST GEN http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifIUS!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

keholder
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
The MP on this RULES. I bought 2 copies and system link it at home.

I'm an XBox Live guy, and so far I haven't seen a lot on there other than dogfighting, which I find boring, though I've jumped in. I'll throw up a host every now and then with a co-op to see if anyone is pinging, but so far have had no takers. It would be cool if there were more players around.