PDA

View Full Version : stinking photo recon missions!!!!!!

quinotaur
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
please help... I'm in Yokohama harbor and I can't figure what the heck they want a picture of...the only Pics I can take are where the ships are is at the extreme edge of the anchorage.the mission wont show as complete. I had the same trouble in hiroshima harbor and wound up scraping that career because of it. I'm at wits end and dont wanna scrap this career cuz i sunk 25,000 tons on the way to yokohama.

quinotaur
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
please help... I'm in Yokohama harbor and I can't figure what the heck they want a picture of...the only Pics I can take are where the ships are is at the extreme edge of the anchorage.the mission wont show as complete. I had the same trouble in hiroshima harbor and wound up scraping that career because of it. I'm at wits end and dont wanna scrap this career cuz i sunk 25,000 tons on the way to yokohama.

dgrayson
11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
You go into the harbor and lock onto a ship, i.e. get it into the center of your attack scope until you see the yellow or green arrow. Then hit the L key to lock it. Just like you do when setting up a torpedo shot. You need to be fairly close to the target, 2500 yards or less. Click the periscope icon on the orders bar. On the lower periscope orders bar there is a camera icon. Click it to photo the ship. You may need to photo 2 ships this way. Then the camera icon will no longer accept the click. You are now done and the yellow star should gray out. mission accomplished. Sneak out of there.

quinotaur
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
thanx dr. Ill give that a shot, i didnt try with two pictures. Ill let you know how i made out.

DRAGONFIRE-AWG-
11-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Also you dont need to be all that close to the ships, or even photo the ships tasked. just get near the star and lock on any ship you can see and snap the pics. I have snaped my pics from 7000 yrds at times.

capt_frank
11-06-2007, 05:57 AM
I was sent to Singapore for a photo op all the way from Brisbane. All i found was a DD (now deceased) and some merchant ships in port. What a drag contact wise, but I did complete the mission as has been explained.

Most of the time 95% of the fun is getting there... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif