PDA

View Full Version : cannot connect to ubisoft game service ????

R_E_K_R
04-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Try to log in and i get error message saying
can not connect to ubi.soft ??
I have downloaded the activex control 5 times,
and reinstalled farcry twice. I have all the latest patches running windows 2000. Still
no fix. It also happened out of the blue which
sucks because if i did something i could fix it!
but i didnt !

Hopefully someone will be able to help me, i am need of
my daily dose of far cry!!
R_E_K_R

R_E_K_R
04-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Try to log in and i get error message saying
can not connect to ubi.soft ??
I have downloaded the activex control 5 times,
and reinstalled farcry twice. I have all the latest patches running windows 2000. Still
no fix. It also happened out of the blue which
sucks because if i did something i could fix it!
but i didnt !

Hopefully someone will be able to help me, i am need of
my daily dose of far cry!!
R_E_K_R

Jetenginedr
04-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi,since I am a DR.....take 2 forum searches and call me tomorrow...

Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, WHEN TRUMPETS FADE

LosT_SouL_VL
04-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Hi ;

I had the same problem with my cd rom version of far cry and i mailed to the ubi support and my answer was to go into internet options / connections /LAN settinsgs and to tick the box automatically detect settings ;that worked for me i hope its helps for you ; if now i only could get my dvd rom version to install :-)

R_E_K_R
04-24-2004, 01:36 PM
!!!!!! HOLY CRAP DUDE THAT WORKED !!!!!!
thanks bro......but one stupid question for
the devs...what the hell does the cry engine
have to do with internet explorer ? What if
i am using firefox ? anyways now i can kill
again so im happy...thanks again LosT_SouL_VL!

LosT_SouL_VL
04-25-2004, 02:00 AM
yw bro :-)
its better to have more game time than to spend it on tech forum time .....

Riotamus
05-07-2004, 04:08 AM
Sorry I've got to bump this but I've got the same problem but none of the solutions offered in a search of the forum has helped, including the above one. I've even tried disabling virus software but it still says 'cannot connect to ubi.com'. I've tried to confirm that the MS firewall is off but I can't find the firewall settings under the advanced tab in my network settings anymore. It used to be there but maybe through windows patching it's disappeared so if anyone can tell me how to confirm that firewall is off with up-to-date WinXP pro then I'm all ears.

I am also going through a netgear router but it's quite a basic setup and every other game works fine through it. There's no firewall on the router.

Are there any other fixes? I'm starting to run out of patience with this problem. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Riotamus
05-07-2004, 04:18 AM
Actually, I've found something else that I should try; I opted not to install X-fire. Can X-fire be installed by itself or do I have reinstall the whole game?

Krakfor
05-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Sorry you're having problems. If your router is a Netgear DG814 or similar, mine works fine as it is, without having to forward any ports etc.