PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Developers

Kieran_Y
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
"Hey lets just rename the Sultan's Dagger to Maria's Dagger, then make it harder to achieve!" Wow didn't even bother making a new model...

hewkii9
12-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Clearly Maria was a sultan. But that's nowhere near the only example of lazy development. I'd refer you to the entirety of Il Vaticano, which was the most half-assed, weak region in any AC game.

Nobody wants to walk around yet more generic buildings - we want to climb St. Peter's and walk through the Square we all know. Who cares if it's inaccurate by a hundred years? It's as accurate as the lack of a Baptistry in Florence, or the cathedral in Acre. Instead, the most important church in the world, in a series very heavy on churches, is reduced to some inconvenient walls and a weak courtyard.

Not to mention the fact that there were no shops, no landmarks, no reason to go there, and the Passetto di Borgo was made completely unreachable.

ZCherub
12-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by hewkii9:
Clearly Maria was a sultan. But that's nowhere near the only example of lazy development. I'd refer you to the entirety of Il Vaticano, which was the most half-assed, weak region in any AC game.

Nobody wants to walk around yet more generic buildings - we want to climb St. Peter's and walk through the Square we all know. Who cares if it's inaccurate by a hundred years? It's as accurate as the lack of a Baptistry in Florence, or the cathedral in Acre. Instead, the most important church in the world, in a series very heavy on churches, is reduced to some inconvenient walls and a weak courtyard.

Not to mention the fact that there were no shops, no landmarks, no reason to go there, and the Passetto di Borgo was made completely unreachable.

That was just the courtyard. You cannot enter the actual building.

Sean7474
12-23-2010, 05:11 PM
This isnt such a bad thing but in a way it is because you don't see it that often. They totally redid the textures of Venice and WOW its really good but we see so little of it since its a multiplayer map. And theres no time for sight seeing in multiplayer.

No matter what they say, this game is rushed.

fugazi787
12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Sean7474:

No matter what they say, this game is rushed.

Hopefully this is a good sign that they rushed Brotherhood so they can devote more time to AC3.

Serrachio
12-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I was a bit irritated that you couldn't go back to the place that you climbed up on at the end of AC2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

OniLinkSword
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
You mean the Vatican? Yeah, we should be able to. I have noticed that this game has a lot of minor flaws that scream rushed. Luckily they had the two other games to lean on for basic content, so the game isn't bad.

ThaWhistle
12-23-2010, 11:53 PM
rushed eh? if that somehow means us PC gamers got a less crappy product, with all the DLC for free again, thats cool. otherwise, that blows.

hewkii9
12-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
That was just the courtyard. You cannot enter the actual building.

Exactly. In a series incredibly heavy on parkour and Catholicism, why can't we parkour on the most important building in Catholicism?

sandmanssorrow
12-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't know why you can't run the walls around the Vatican either, they were accessible at the end of AC2 so what gives, not enough space on the disc?
I really don't mind rehashed content, I just don't enjoy when it's IN the game but you can't access it. What's the point, is it because in the Vatican you played a movie chase and they didn't want to spend extra time laying out guard patrol patterns etc? I dunno, and why not have AC2 locations available on ACB's disc? Space?

I don't like the title of the thread though, the Developers implement content based on instruction and I'm sure they aren't lazily doing it either. Someone at the top directed the project plan and decided some corners needed cutting to get the product out to comply with someone else's designated deadline.

Don't blast the workers man, it's a good product.

Murcuseo
12-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:

I don't like the title of the thread though, the Developers implement content based on instruction and I'm sure they aren't lazily doing it either. Someone at the top directed the project plan and decided some corners needed cutting to get the product out to comply with someone else's designated deadline.

Don't blast the workers man, it's a good product.

Nice to see some empathy and logic on this forum, it's not often people look outside their own ignorant opinions.

They obviosuly did it for a reason, just because you don't understand why doesn't give you the right to criticise them.

Just deal with it...

kriegerdesgottes
12-25-2010, 01:39 AM
I have to mention this because I just noticed it today while playing brotherhood and it bothered me a little. When I killed one of those guys who takes your notoriety down 75% I looked at his face and realized it was the same face of one of the main targets from ACII. It was the face of the guy who ezio kills from the top of the duomo. one year is simply not enough time to make a whole ac game!!!

Xanatos2007
12-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
One year is simply not enough time to make a whole AC game!!!
Couldn't agree more. And not just in terms of programming & tech either.

Black_Widow9
12-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Please post your Feedback here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>