PDA

View Full Version : RSV2 Runs Extremely Slow

Gormak24
10-02-2008, 10:53 PM
I reinstalled windows because I was having some problems. I installed RSV2 and it ran fine the first time I played it. Now everytime I enter the game, it gets to the rotating title screen and then starts running extremely slow. So slow that I move the mouse...wait a few seconds to see where I moved it...move it again towards the exit...see if it's on the exit button...and click exit. It ran fine before I reinstalled windows. I use a Dell XPS m1530

Lethal1940
10-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Did you reinstall all of your drivers .. including video drivers??

Gormak24
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
im pretty sure i did. i ran the drivers and utilities disc after i reinstalled windows. how else could i do it?

DeadSkin2007
10-04-2008, 07:52 PM
the drivers and utilities disc
Those drivers on the utilities disc are most likely out of date. You should download the updated drivers and install them.

neilthecellist
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Those drivers on the utilities disc ARE out of date for sure. Dell likes to package old drivers for their computers, probably because they create the drivers during the design of the computer, and not at the very end of the design stage. As a result, you're better off downloading your drivers from the component manufacturers themselves.

In the future, (not to sound like an advertisement) go to cyberpowerpc.com . You'll find computers that you can match up to Dell computers and find that you overspent on Dell.

Lethal1940
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Gormak24:
I reinstalled windows because I was having some problems. I installed RSV2 and it ran fine the first time I played it. Now everytime I enter the game, it gets to the rotating title screen and then starts running extremely slow. So slow that I move the mouse...wait a few seconds to see where I moved it...move it again towards the exit...see if it's on the exit button...and click exit. It ran fine before I reinstalled windows. I use a Dell XPS m1530

Here is the latest video driver I could find for your computer.

Backup your system and uninstall the old drive first.

Dell XPS 1530 Video Driver 8/18/2008 (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R194005&SystemID=XPS_M1530&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=13668&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=6&fileid=267722)