PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 vs Haze

Deadmetal2007
08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
wil haze be beter? wil it be a big enuf success?

TerranUp16
08-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Meh, I'm going to start ticking off a list of games which will likely shove Halo 3 into the dirt as far as actual quality goes:
Bioshock (I can attest to that, having bought Bioshock yesterday and having already logged ~5 hours on a school day), Metroid Prime 3, Call of Duty 4, Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3, Left 4 Dead, and of course, Haze- and those are only the FPS games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mornelithe
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Well...this is a difficult question to give an unbiased answer too. I personally never found Halo to be much fun at all (Halo cannot even remotely compete with Call of Duty: UO), so I never even got into it in the first place. So, it really comes down to what games are you more excited over than Halo 3, to which I say, Lair, Killzone 2, Haze, Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo 5, GTA 4, Warhawk, and Tekken 6. I'll post more as I remember them =)

Toad17
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
QFT

If you can even compare Halo to Haze at this late stage then you should probably work on your analytical skills. They're two distinctly different games offering completely different experiences.

deded999
08-22-2007, 01:57 PM
This again?

ZZZzzzz.....

Real720
08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Toad17:
QFT

If you can even compare Halo to Haze at this late stage then you should probably work on your analytical skills. They're two distinctly different games offering completely different experiences.
.......And the fact that not much info has been released for Haze makes it a stupid comparison.

Gypsy816
08-22-2007, 03:29 PM
You forget that you are on an actual Haze forum. We are all fans here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Monkywarr
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Personally I believe the only reason that Halo is a huge success is the Marketing Giant, Microsoft. They have milked this game for all its worth; and its become a cult following because of this.

This follows on into other aspects.

Microsoft Operating Systems, easily beaten by Linux, still owns market share. Microsoft is just a giant company, but that doesn't mean they have the best quality.

Sorry for sidetracking but thats my belief. Halo has been riding the Microsoft wave for too long.

Many more quality games have been released since halo. Killzone was an awesome game, despite framerate issues and lag.

-So anyway, w000sh go Haze! Make it long, and fun. Remember these guys make timesplitters, and their multiplayer was simply awesome, and underrated!

TerranUp16
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, hey, Microsoft literally got people to buy an explosive piece of junk (the 360).

Really, there is no doubt that Halo rides on hype- sure, it backs that hype up a bit, but not nearly sufficiently, and there are definitely much better games out there- on both the PC AND the consoles (we all know there are better FPS games on the PC- it's just a matter of how dominant Halo is in the console arena). Personally, I would rank the TS series very highly above the Halo series. I'd also definitely say that Halo 3 should have no chance at GotY this year even on the 360 alone thanks to Bioshock (though it looks like Call of Duty 4 will sweep both of those away- and of course, Haze will be GotY two years running, due to the PS3 version this year and the PC version next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif- having played the PC version of Bioshock extensively, Halo 3 should have no chance.

mornelithe
08-27-2007, 09:00 AM
From the discussions i've had with friends who're Halo fans, alot of folks are just interested in playing out the remainder of the Story line. A few have indicated they're not even interested in Halo MP anymore.

CreepyUncle
08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I doubt haze will outsell halo 3. Halo 3 has an established fanbase 360 has larger installed userbase and microsft are gonna market the bejeezus out of it. I don't hhold out mush hope for killzone 2 as the first one was absolutely awful. Just shooting the same enemy 3000 times as he runs round and round a box shouting 'supressing fire' over and over again does not a good game make. Throw a grenade in killzone and the enemies were drawn to it like flies to a juicy turd. To top it all off the developers idea of increasing the difficulty was to let the enemies kill you with 1 rocket before they had even come into view. The afore mentioned enemy would then celebrate you death by running around a box shouting 'supressing fire'

CreepyUncle
08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I forgot to mention I belive haze will probably be more fun if it retains the easy to learn difficult to master fast paced gameplay of the timesplitters series and because you get to play as captain jack from Dr Who (as seen in toad17s tag)

darzero0
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
come on,halo is a joke. even timesplitter 2 was better than halo. In halo, you can only choose from 2 characters in multiplayer mode. in campaign, every single level looks the same. but i have to admit, they got some good gameplay mechanics and the music is awesome. Im all the way haze. Haze is going to be one of the greatest fps this generation until timesplitter 4 come out.

deded999
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
even Timesplitters 2 was better than Halo

That sentence was perfect without the 'even'.

Haze would have to sell two copies for every PS3 out there to beat Halo 3 in sales - it won't happen, but who the hell measures game success in sales, besides publishers? Sure, devs want to make money, of course, but if we measured games in sales then movie tie-ins and sports iterations would be lauded and something like Spiderman the Movie would be GOTY. The best games very often aren't the best sellers, so as long as Haze does well on it's respective formats the developers should be happy.

We also need to realise the difference between hype and quality - hype guarantees nothing but a game being well known and looked forward to. Quality doesn't necessarily reveal itself until the game is reviewed or even afterwards, when it's in the hands of gamers and it's pleasures and foibles can be fully appreciated, something which is often even more applicable to multiplayer games.

That's not to denigrate Halo 3, I'm sure it will be a good game, but having really enjoyed Halo and got bored within two hours of Halo 2, I know which game I'm most looking forward to, and for what reason: quality.

DarthPie
08-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't agree with what some other people have said about the Halo series, but I still think Haze will come close, if not beat, Halo 3. Halo is a type of game for people who only care about running around shooting things for hours on end. Haze, Call of Duty, and other games are more complicated. If I were Microsoft, I would incorporate more strategy into Halo to appeal to the people who love shooting things and appeal to the other people who like to play games with bonus missions and more complicated things like that. I feel bad for the people who award Game of the Year award this year however. They have a huge *** decision ahead of them. With BioShock, Haze, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4 coming out, this is one hell of a year for video gamers and critics. They are probably going to pick either Halo 3 or CoD 4 because their predecessors were amazing games. If Haze or BioShock were sequels or continuations of other games, there would probably be a better chance for them to win. No matter what happens, it is going to be close.

/end rant

TerranUp16
08-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by DarthPie:
I don't agree with what some other people have said about the Halo series, but I still think Haze will come close, if not beat, Halo 3. Halo is a type of game for people who only care about running around shooting things for hours on end. Haze, Call of Duty, and other games are more complicated. If I were Microsoft, I would incorporate more strategy into Halo to appeal to the people who love shooting things and appeal to the other people who like to play games with bonus missions and more complicated things like that. I feel bad for the people who award Game of the Year award this year however. They have a huge *** decision ahead of them. With BioShock, Haze, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4 coming out, this is one hell of a year for video gamers and critics. They are probably going to pick either Halo 3 or CoD 4 because their predecessors were amazing games. If Haze or BioShock were sequels or continuations of other games, there would probably be a better chance for them to win. No matter what happens, it is going to be close.

/end rant

Eh, most of the press is already very much inclined to give Bioshock GotY without even seeing the rest of the offerings this year. Anyway, you left out Unreal Tournament 3 entirely- ironic, given that you mentioned that Halo is geared more towards people who just like randomly killing stuff, and you noted that you had a higher opinion of Halo than others here- of course, UT and games like it is why PC gamers have never felt any void in not having Halo release on the PC the same time it does on the consoles.

Also, if you are going to give weight to continuations of previous games, you'll need to factor in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. CoH took many PC GotY awards last year and when it lost, it only did so to Oblivion. Given that the biggest gripe with it was that it only had two factions, and that OF will not only add two more factions and two campaigns, it will also add two very different factions with radically different strategies. Of course, CoH: OF will also feature a lot of smaller improvements- among those being the graphics (amazingly, it is possible to improve those for CoH, lol).

deded999
08-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I can't say how disappointed I was to boot up CoH on my new PC, whack up the settings and be shown a game that seemed absolutely no better than it did on my old system. Courtesy of DX10 I expect...http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Fair point about CoH:OF, but I don't expect to see a PC-only game win overall GOTY very often, although Crysis could do so this year - another one missing from the list. Bioshock does seem like a shoo-in at the moment, but I think it will probably disappear quickly when the big guns appear. Having said that, most of those big guns look likely to be lacking in the narrative dept, which is where Bioshock - and Haze - could pick up points.

Bah, it's all a turkey shoot anyway. Okami was high up on so many people's lists last year but that didn't help it sell copies. Not until the inevitable Wii version at least. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TerranUp16
08-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I can't say how disappointed I was to boot up CoH on my new PC, whack up the settings and be shown a game that seemed absolutely no better than it did on my old system. Courtesy of DX10 I expect...Angry Blue Guy

Really now? I've been running the game on max settings + 16xAF + 16xCSAA since I upgraded my processor to the Opteron 185 and my gfx card to the 8800GTS 640mb Superclocked and it trounces pretty much every RTS/RTT game out there, not to mention quite a few FPS games as well. WiC is the first game to really give it any kind of challenge, but there I feel that CoH has much better artistic direction than WiC- much like Crysis may have better gfx than CoD 4 from a purely technical perspective, but CoD 4 got most of the best gfx awards from E3 simply because of the better artistic direction and stylization of the graphics, which do not rely purely on horsepower to look good. Anyway, back to the point- merely swapping in a new monitor and upping the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1600x1200 makes CoH look absolutely amazing (had to drop the AA to 8xCSAA, but it's more than worth it)- almost as good as watching Saving Private Ryan, the obvious influence for the game.

deded999
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe I did something wrong, although quite how you do that I don't know! First thing I tried was to put most settings up to max or near max, just to see how slow it ran with full settings, and my PC just had a brainstorm and crashed... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Next I tried to just up them a reasonable amount and the game didn't seem any better than it did before... I can't say I've really busted a gut tweaking it as I haven't played it in a while; it was more to see how great the gfx were on the new PC and boy was I disappointed! Having run Bioshock at 1680x1050 with max effects though, I'm a little more satisfied now.

TerranUp16
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Meh, before I got my 8800GTS, I was playing the game at 1024x768 on low and medium settings and the game still look amazing- it just looks even more amazing now, lol. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that you have adjusted the model quality slider- most games just have a drop-down option, and therefore quite a few people do not even notice the slider, and never touch it. Nonetheless, I can definitely say that CoH at 1600x1200 with 8xCSAA and 16xAF at max settings is almost a match for console FPS games (and yet CoH is far more taxing on the gpu and cpu b/c of the larger amt of stuff that needs rendering). The only thing really keeping it from that atm is terrain quality, which supposedly is fixed in DX10.

deded999
08-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Hmmm, I'll have a fiddle with it, thanks.

KingSilvaback90
09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Okay before I start let me get something across before I start. I am a Sony fan boy. I dont hate the XBox 360 but i have been with sony since I was like five.So please X Box fans dont flame me when I say the things I say.I think if Haze became a PS3 exclusive it would be a benifit to the gameing community. Heres how I got there.

1.360 owners have have great games out for the systum because heller, there owned by microsoft and they have a lot of cash to buy them. But with all the money there making and all the fan base they already have they can give a little leway for the '3. Even Haze.
2. I belive Haze could be Sonys eqivalent to Halo so that would shut up whiny PS3 fanboys (yes even me ha ha) that they dont have a game to compete with Halo.
3. X Box already has Halo plus we have to share some of the exclusives that were promised to us with you, so at least gives us this.
4. If Haze is a succses it would sell more PS3s and the 360 and the PS3 would go back to there small battles between which brand is better, rather than which games are better.
5. This could actually bring peace between the consoles because the PS3 is comeing back up do to the AAA titles that are coming out. Plus we would have are own sci-fi series to be addicted to ( if it becomes a series which I pray it is) and you have yours so the only thing left to fight about is the preference which you really can't fight over. 360 if you want some certain games like Bioshock, Gears and you know what I would probably say next so I wont say it. Pick 360 for soly games, costomizeble hardware and a riviting online community (which PS3 will also get ). Go with the '3 if you want certain games like MGS, Killzone, and Little Big. Plus every other great game out there has to be shared so can't we all just get along.

I am a PS3 fan boy but I would like to bring peace between the consoles. If it comes to the PC as well I wouldnt mind. Id support that because Halo does that to. I don;t hate the 360. I might (30% chance) I'll get a Elite. Plus the prices for the '3 should be going down soon. So there you have it, Agree with me or not. Thats for reading and Peace to the Industry this Holiday season. The King of the Silvabacks HAS SPOKEN !!!!!!!

MauserMilitary
09-13-2007, 01:45 PM
That's all fine and good KingSilvaback90, but there's no need to post all this in multiple discussions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Once is plenty. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KingSilvaback90
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif, they cut the feed back on the thread I started and I want reception http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif . Please anyone reading vote on my poll thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

zgubilici
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
KingSilvaback90, the first thread you created was closed for the reasons explained in there. In the same post, I've also redirected you to the appropriate thread in which to post your views. I saw you found that thread, but then decided to post in here as well and create a poll in addition.
As MauserMilitary said, there is no need to post the same thing in multiple threads. You will receive feedback in the thread you've already posted, even if it is not an immediate one - this is a forum, not a chatroom. The issue you addressed has been debated a lot of times, and as you can see throughout that particular thread, forum members have already expressed their views on the matter.
The poll will stay open for the time being, as long as things stay civilized in there and no bumping ensues (asking for more votes, etc).
Thanks.

KingSilvaback90
09-14-2007, 07:42 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif Im sorry PLEASE FOR GIVE ME !!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

the_assassin_07
09-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Haze IMO is better than Halo. But I can't say much because we dunno how Haze plays and stuff so...... but I just like Haze more.

Wii4Mii
09-23-2007, 10:44 AM
What's up? This is my first post on the Haze official website! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I made a topic like this on gaiaonline.com, explaining that I think Halo 3 won't be as good as Haze. It's a wall-o-text, so if you feel like reading it thanks. Here's what I wrote:

The two games share a lot of similarity. For example, they both follow the story of augmented super-soldiers in the middle of a heated war. They both take place in the future. They're both on next-generation consoles. Neither game has a completely original plot. However, Haze's plot and gameplay looks a lot more interesting.

Halo 3 takes place in a world where the Covenant are interested in the new finding discovered under New Mombasa. the Flood have been released, the Halos are in standby mode, and can only be activated by being accessed via "The Ark". The Elites, after being betrayed by the Prophets and replaced by Brutes, have chosen to assist the UNSC. Once again, Master Chief, with help from the Arbiter have to defeat the Covenant and Flood, and put an end to the threat of the Halos.

Haze's story takes place in the year 2048, in which the UN and NATO have both been replaced by Mantel, a military and pharmaceutical organization. The soldiers are enhanced by NECTAR, which gives them soldier abilities far beyond that of a normal human (much like SPARTANS). They go into heated war against The Promise Hand, a rebel group. However, the main character, Shane Carpenter, and other soldiers soon find out that Mantel is using Nectar and their suits to control them, using them to alter their perception of reality. For example, a dead corpse on the ground in a black and white world disappears once the Nectar is injected. When their suit breaks and the helmet opens up they see the black and white world and hear cries of pain. When the helmet closes and the firmware resets the cries are gone and the world becomes colorful again. Shane eventually switches over to The Promise Hand where he is fighting Mantel.

The Halo gameplay has always been great, easy to control, and fun. But it's always been just an FPS. You can shoot, melee, throw grenades. However, there are important factors that set it apart. Some factors are things such as dual-wielding, shields and vehicles. It featured rechargeable shields (necessary, though not sure if it was the first to do that), and it used vehicles very effectively. The fact that you can easily control a wide variety of vehicles is also very cool. However, I like the way Haze sets itself apart better.

In Haze, you are "playing on your wits" (quoted from the Developer's Diary). Since your enemies, the Mantel forces, are so drugged up on Nectar, you need to think of ways to get them to trip themselves up. Since Nectar changes their perception of reality, they can't always see everything you do. For example, they're not going to expect you running up to them and punching them in their faces, and then taking their gun and shooting them to hell. Also, when you're on the rebel side, right before you die you can "play dead". The Mantel Forces can't tell you're not dead, so while they're leaving you alone you can regenerate your health while lying motionless on the ground. Once you feel better, pop up and shoot them down. You can also trick them into overinjecting themselves with Nectar, which will result in death by their own hand. The point of the game is that you think about how you're going to exploit the fact that the Nectar changes their mind and find a way to trip them up that way, or get them to trip themselves up. The many ways you can defeat your enemy in this game by using your wits is really interesting, and really makes me want this game.

As you can see, Halo 3 is going to be great, but it's still a sequel of a highly overrated game.

But Haze is an original game (by that I mean it has no sequels, which means this is a fresh start and we've never played it before). It has more in-depth gameplay that requires you to think and a more interesting story in my opinion. This is why I think Haze is going to be more fun to play than Halo 3.

Thank you for your time and reading this Wall-o-text.

deded999
09-23-2007, 12:04 PM
It's a shame we continue to cling to genre classifications so much - if we didn't people might realise that Haze is about as far from Halo as it is probably likely to get, bearing in mind that the basic premise, (shooting enemies), is the same. Mind you, isn't that the basic premise of 90% of the games out there?

Haze has been designed primarily around the story and a central conceit around asymmetrical combat, which the story was built around. Although the story could be termed as sci-fi, it's primarily based around extrapolations from current and past events and is set in a time which could as easily be present day. Like many of the best sci-fi stories it uses a future setting to discuss events and ideas which affect us today.

Halo on the other hand is nothing but space opera, with a few nice touches added to spice it up. It's success is as much to do with it's multiplayer support and the timing of it's launch as anything. That's not to say it's poor or bad, not at all, but Haze holds far more interest for me personally, and seems to be throwing more new ideas into the mix than Halo 3 does.

Wii4Mii
09-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by deded999:
It's a shame we continue to cling to genre classifications so much - if we didn't people might realise that Haze is about as far from Halo as it is probably likely to get, bearing in mind that the basic premise, (shooting enemies), is the same. Mind you, isn't that the basic premise of 90% of the games out there?

Haze has been designed primarily around the story and a central conceit around asymmetrical combat, which the story was built around. Although the story could be termed as sci-fi, it's primarily based around extrapolations from current and past events and is set in a time which could as easily be present day. Like many of the best sci-fi stories it uses a future setting to discuss events and ideas which affect us today.

Halo on the other hand is nothing but space opera, with a few nice touches added to spice it up. It's success is as much to do with it's multiplayer support and the timing of it's launch as anything. That's not to say it's poor or bad, not at all, but Haze holds far more interest for me personally, and seems to be throwing more new ideas into the mix than Halo 3 does.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif So many big words...

mb0742
09-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Halo3 is very poor, online is barely ok http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

theexpozay
09-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I played the Haze Demo at PAX. I have been eagerly following it since I saw the video demo at E3 '06. At the time everyone I was with had the same impression, "oh look another FPS with a 9mm, assault rifle, and shotty! woo frickin hoo! Gosh I wonder where we have seen this, maybe... I don't know, WOLFENSTIEN 3d?" Sure the idea of Nectar showed promise but no one really KNEW what it would do. What interested me then was, what seemed to be an original, and interesting story line. At PAX I was pleased to see that Nectar actually had a purpose and that the game play was good. They were demoing it on PS3, and that was a let down. The problem I have is not with the game itself. It is with the PS3's garbage controllers. The controls were VERY mushy. I felt like I had little control. At the time this did not bother me because, as UBI booth personnel I knew the game would be coming out for 360 and PC.

How wrong I was

As we all know, since PAX it has been announced that it will be a PS3 exclusive. At the risk of starting a console flame war, this makes me vote for Halo3. Simply put I hate the PS3 controls. I have always hated the sony controls. For me this is a fatal flaw for the game.

Here is to hoping that UBI changes it's mind.

mornelithe
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I've always loved the PS3 controls.... and detested the Xbox design...go figure. =)

Mutton-Chops
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Same. Although the Xbox controllers are more ergonomically molded to fit the hand, I can't stand the offset analog sticks and the large throw on the triggers. Which turns out to be my only beef with the sixaxis. They should have left the L2 and R2 buttons the way they were instead of levering them.

Wii4Mii
09-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Here's my opinion, really.

Haze wins in gameplay and story. I looked up Halo 3's story. Meh, it's kinda boring. Haze, though...wow. I'm not gonna spoil Halo 3's story. But Haze is amazing. You should all know Haze's story, and you all know what I mean.

The gameplay is amazing. They've thrown so much in it to set it apart from other FPS games. Nectar Vision, Nectar Foresight, Nectar Perception, Melee Blast (one of my personal faves), Play Dead, Melee Kick, Nectar Grenades, Daggers, Nectar Daggers. The fact you use Nectar to your advantage when playing for either side, but in a different way. Haze is really an amazing game. Halo 3 has nothing on this.

Sevenlast
09-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I'd have to disagree about the ps3 controls. I actually find them to be the best (for me) in terms of my hands. The 360 controllers are good as well, to be honest they are both very similar (for me) and I'm able to go from one to the other seamlessly.

Graphically, I must say I'm a bit disappointed in Halo. But the gameplay is there. Haze looks to have great graphics and judging by FRD's record, it'll have great gameplay as well. Just my 2 cents.

theexpozay, a question. When you played the demo , how did it feel in terms of frames per second? Did it stutter a bit? Did you get the feel that the demo was far ways from done? Or did it seem to be solid and promising after further optimization?

deded999
09-28-2007, 05:32 PM
I too prefer the dual shock, although to be fair i haven't had much play time on the 360 controller, which seems okay. Both could be better though - the new triggers do not agree with me, especially when their placed where you don't naturally use your trigger fingers to use them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif Same goes for the 360 pad though.

You think you've got it bad though - try being left-handed (or just having a preference!) and playing games where you aren't offered the chance to change control scheme, then you can come and complain that the analog sticks are slightly off-centre. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif That's at least one thing that Haze is sure to get right. (To it's credit the Jericho demo offered the change of sticks, although annoyingly no ability to swap primary and secondary fires across...).

And finally back on topic, the Halo 'story'? Well, I can't say I followed it into Halo 2 since I was bored by the time I hit Earth, but the first one didn't have a story, it had a great situation and location with some convenient excuses to go from point A to point B. No dis though, most games are structured like that, but certainly nothing to get excited about.

Tesseract
09-29-2007, 03:11 PM
I think that one of the main things that will end up setting HAZE apart from Halo will be the AI.

Sure, it's fun to see the little Covenant Foot Soldiers scream and run around in circles, but for the most part, it was like every other FPS where after you've played it, you could go 'OK, he's gonna jump from behind that wall, roll across, pause for 3 seconds, then stand up right where I'm holding my targetting reticle right now'.

There have been lots of other good points made in this thread, but I'd like to offer another on the 'hype' tangent. Halo 3 made $170 million in its first day. Nifty. So.... who's left to buy the game?

Most of the people that want the game are going to buy it within the first month. Everyone (even the non-gaming public) Knows what it's about, and have even been seeing stories in mainstream media about how it's 'like Halo 2, but with better graphics (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/9-0&fd=R&url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298542,00.html&cid=1121463602&ei=Ern-RtXcG4zQqgPrp9GHCQ)'.

With something like HAZE, it's more likely to be a building storm. Sure, you'll get the die-hards that will buy it right away, but there'll be more opportunity for word-of-mouth sales after that. Then you'll get potential PC and X360 revisions afterward, and you'll end up with a strangely similar parallel to the whole X360 vs. PS3 battle to date http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iTchyBandit
09-29-2007, 04:04 PM
it will. Halo's getting too old and hasn't changed

Wii4Mii
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
I so far know four people personally that have played Halo 3. According to three of them, it sucked. O_o

It was agiven Haze would beat it. Now there's even more of a chance it will.

I guess all we can do is advertise it and spread the word.

AsurastrikePSN
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Why is everyones goal to "beat Halo"? It isn't going to happen. I don't even like Halo and I realize that the only game that will come close is FFXIII.

If Haze is a great game, thats all we should ask for.

xbradx
09-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I own an Xbox360 and Halo 3 and I must say it was a let down. Much of the gameplay is the same reptitive boring run and gun. It is Halo 2 + HDR. The upgrades with the bubble shield and flash grenades and new weapons such as the Spartan Laser and Gravity Hammer are cool, however, this game lacks in innovation. The graphics are a LET DOWN on multiplayer and nothing really has changed besides the fact that Cortana is even more openly intimate with Master Chief. For Christ's sake you don't even see his face in the final chapter.

Wii4Mii
09-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AsurastrikePSN:
Why is everyones goal to "beat Halo"? It isn't going to happen. I don't even like Halo and I realize that the only game that will come close is FFXIII.

If Haze is a great game, thats all we should ask for. Yeah, but why are you comparing an FPS to an RPG?

Btw, you're gonna hate me for saying this, but the RRoD in your avatar makes you look like 343 Guilty Spark.

AsurastrikePSN
09-30-2007, 11:05 PM
I have no idea what 343 guiltyspark is.

I bought an Xbox 360 June 29th, 2007 (my 17th birthday). It broke June 30th 2007. I took it back and payed 200 dollars extra for my PS3.

Btw, I am comparing FFXIII and Halo 3 because they are both high profile games on competing platforms. I used FFXIII even though it is an RPG because it is going to be probably the only game that even comes close to Halo 3's record breaking sales.

mornelithe
10-01-2007, 06:14 AM
GTA 5 will stomp Halo into the ground. I'm almost willing to bet my PS3 on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

theexpozay
10-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Sevenlast:
I'd have to disagree about the ps3 controls. I actually find them to be the best (for me) in terms of my hands. The 360 controllers are good as well, to be honest they are both very similar (for me) and I'm able to go from one to the other seamlessly.

Graphically, I must say I'm a bit disappointed in Halo. But the gameplay is there. Haze looks to have great graphics and judging by FRD's record, it'll have great gameplay as well. Just my 2 cents.

theexpozay, a question. When you played the demo , how did it feel in terms of frames per second? Did it stutter a bit? Did you get the feel that the demo was far ways from done? Or did it seem to be solid and promising after further optimization?

For the short time that I played it, it seemed smooth. But I was there with Ubi so I had to step aside so an attendee could get at it. Such is the trade off...

theexpozay
10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Wii4Mii:
I so far know four people personally that have played Halo 3. According to three of them, it sucked. O_o

It was agiven Haze would beat it. Now there's even more of a chance it will.

I guess all we can do is advertise it and spread the word.

For the record, I have it, I have played it. I love it. I think it lived up to the hype.
But I am a 360/ PC guy.

Joemop
10-03-2007, 12:34 PM
You forget that you are on an actual Haze forum. We are all fans here.

totally agree why him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hunterhaze12
10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
haze is going to be next big thing to games..it will be way bigger than Halo, i just hope that they are going to mak it a series

mornelithe
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
FYI - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21149633/

Wouldn't that be hilarious if this meant a port/exclusive Halo version to the PS3....man, I'd laugh my *** off.

Morne

deded999
10-05-2007, 11:19 AM
That will never happen. That's why MS retain a share in the company and they'll own the rights to Halo anyway I would imagine. Don't lose any sleep over it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Toad17
10-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by deded999:
That will never happen. That's why MS retain a share in the company and they'll own the rights to Halo anyway I would imagine. Don't lose any sleep over it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Have to agree with you sadly. Halo was proven to be possible on Nintendo's DS handheld but it was shot down during talks due to "copyright issues". Microsoft's greed knows no end.

MauserMilitary
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Ughhh, sandwich (redundancy) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

mornelithe
10-05-2007, 11:46 AM
M$ retains a share, correct, but the majority share is held by Bungie. Either way, don't really care, just figured it would be most amusing to see an exclusive PS3 version of Halo....would probably be as outright insulting to Xbox owners, as an exclusive Gran Turismo to 360 lol.

Rasomaso
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THIS???????? (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25931.html) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

MauserMilitary
10-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Rasomaso:
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THIS???????? (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25931.html) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
I couldn't finish that thing. A part of my soul died while watching it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

mornelithe
10-06-2007, 08:51 AM
I couldn't watch the whole thing, the buzzcore emo soundtrack was making my ears bleed, and my will to live wain.

Rasomaso
10-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah and the part between 1:55 and 2:01 is insane and funny at the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Wii4Mii
10-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by mornelithe:
I couldn't watch the whole thing, the buzzcore emo soundtrack was making my ears bleed, and my will to live wain. But I like Breaking Benjamin... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif