PDA

View Full Version : Torch light

mr.killer1990
01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Can some one help me fix my torch light everytime i turn it on i cant see but everyone else can whats wrong with it.?

Spekkio9
01-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Screenshot?

Bionic-Blob
01-23-2006, 12:16 PM
lol, a screenie would show nothing since there is nothing to show...

mr.killer1990
01-23-2006, 12:35 PM
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2213345127.jpg&s=x4

Alundith
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I have this exact same problem. I have a 8800 gtx with the latest drivers and everything works fine but my torchlight will not illuminate anything for me.

Alundith
02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
So does anyone have any clue on how to fix this problem?

St0rm_5had0w
02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Using older drivers might help. I had a similar problem when updateing drivers with my 6600gt, though the torchlight was striated rather than completely absent.

Iservealot
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Any real-time lightning will not work on 8800 line of graphics cards.

The torch light is a real-time light. I hope that Nvidia or Ubisoft fix this problem. I know Ubisoft probably won't, so hopefully Nvidia will.

erikmg
07-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey Iservealot,

Where did you find out that real time lighting won't work on these cards? Wouldn't that be a huge step backwards in graphics? I don't think that this is the case; I have seen people with the same problem that own 6 series cards. I don't think that this is a problem with the new series. However, I do still have this problem. Anyone found a fix yet?

Inf3kt.
07-02-2007, 01:58 AM
The problem with 6 and 7 series cards is a driver issue, use an older driver and it works fine.

8 series cards don't work at all.

Digital-Maniac
07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I've posted threads on this several times, it really makes playing as a merc a bit harder but I have a feeling when I get it back, I will rock.

But I know there was someone who wrote to Nvidia about this and said it was going to Level 3 Tech support. But I havent seen him around in a while.

I really want to play this game but maps like warehouse are missing light in critical parts as well.

If anyone notices this go to aquarius and go to the room with all the tanks, get really close to one of the columns and turn your flashlight on and off, you'll notice that the room slightly brightens and darkens as you toggle your flashlight. This happens everywhere but its more evident in some places more than others.

I really hope this gets fixed. I have made 2 complaints to Nvidia, have any of you?

Digital-Maniac
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Has anyone tried this?

I wont be home till later so I cant try it but maybe if you tinker with some settings on some of these tweakers then the flashlight may work...

Lets start testing people, and lets not expect Nvidia or UBIsoft to figure this problem out for us. I will definitly try these out tonight... I hope i wont be alone.

DXtweak
http://www.nonatainment.de/web/DirectXTweaker/Download/tabid/58/Default.aspx

NVtweak
http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/

RivaTuner
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner&menu=8

This part caught my eye during the explanation of the Riva Tuner tweaks

[QUOTE]
The Shaders tab allows you to alter the Pixel and Vertex shader support of your Nvidia graphics card. Shaders are complex graphics functions supported by your graphics card's hardware. You cannot raise the maximum shader version your graphics card supports, as that is limited by the hardware on the card. However you can lower the shader versions to increase performance, perhaps at the cost of image quality depending on how low you force the shader version support. For example, if your card supports up to Version 3.0 Pixel Shader, but you force the version 2.0 shader, you will get a slight performance boost in some games with minimal image quality loss. If you then choose to force 1.1 or even disable shaders, you may find the game will have many glaring graphical glitches. You will have to experiment with the shader versions to see which give you better performance without a dramatic drop in image quality - this depends on how recent the Direct3D game you are playing is.

So I'm wondering since the 8xxx series card uses 3.0 shaders what if we forced it to use 2.0? Would it work? Hmmm... someone please try this as this will be the first thing i try when i get home tonight.

Or this caught my attention to

The Textures tab contains a box at the top right which lets you choose firstly whether you're going to change settings for DirectX7 or DirectX8+ games. Once the DirectX format is chosen, you can tick or untick support for various texture surface functions. For example, if you choose DirectX8+, you can disable support for bump mapping by unticking the 'Enable 16/32-bit bump map surfaces' option. This can improve performance in games which use bump mapping, but will obviously not show bump mapping and/or may result in visual glitches. Therefore for the most part these options are to be used in troubleshooting problems with textures in games, or by allowing you to run certain games at reasonable speed but with missing effects or visual anomalies. The 'Amount of system memory for PCI textures' box is the same as the 'Maximum system memory for PCI mode textures' option in the Coolbits 2 section - it has no impact on AGP graphics cards unless you are running in PCI mode, which is not recommended. The 'Texture filtering preferences' box allows you to change the quality of texture filtering - this is similar to the Bilinear and Trilinear texture filtering settings in the Forceware Control Panel - the higher the quality level chosen, the lower the performance but the better the image quality of textures in games, with the Quality setting being Bilinear and the High Quality mode being Trilinear Filtering. Degree of Anisotropy is the same as the Anisotropic Filtering settings in the Forceware Control Panel.

I think this may offer what we need... Please people try this because if i'm the only one trying today I don't know if i'll give the solution.

I'm still reading this site/tweak guide, so I'll update as I read. I have to leave in an hour as my wife is giving birth today (c-section) and I wont be home till around later tonight 8-9pm (New York City Time)

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried turning down the core clock speeds on their graphic cards I'm wondering if this may be an issue? Maybe the card is too fast for the game?

sniperbr0
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
i use rivatuner and none of the tweaks you quoted above will solve your problem, geforce 6 and 7 cards are also shader 3.0 cards so changing it to 2.0 wont solve anything, but the geforce 8 is a shader 4.0 card, maybe forcing to 3.0 fixes the problem, i dont have a geforce 8 so i cant do it.

and the other texture tab is a list of textures patterns games can or cant use, the right thing is to select all of them, and they are all selected by default, unselecting any of these will hide things instead of show... UNLESS the geforce 8 has some options unselected by default, again i dont have a geforce 8 so i cant try by myself...

stewman1234
07-04-2007, 03:01 PM
well, i cant see my torch either, but.....it worked fine with my 6600gt with the latest drivers ON WINXP. Since then, i have upgraded to vista and cant see it, so i dont know what the problem is.

Inf3kt.
07-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by sniperbr0:
geforce 6 and 7 cards are also shader 3.0 cards so changing it to 2.0 wont solve anything, but the geforce 8 is a shader 4.0 card, maybe forcing to 3.0 fixes the problem
ATi HD2900XT is SM4.0 too, and it works fine.

mazza13
07-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Iam getting my new comp on next week and there is nVidia 8800 gts... so no flash lighthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but whatever, can still play. But i hope that some1 will fix this problem.

Sigh by scorp
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2748/nvuy0.gif

Mulle_DK13
07-10-2007, 07:00 AM
I guess you have Windows Vista?

Fix: Go get Windows XP!

I have the exact same problem on Vista, but as soon as I run the game in XP it runs like a charm! But in Vista: No torchlight for me.. Others can see it, but not me...

Try walking close to a wall and look a bit down... You will be able to see a little white spot on the wall! LOL! :P

sniperbr0
07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
what videocard do you have mulle? i heard that nvidia geforce 6, 7 and 8 series cant see it on vista because of vista drivers, but geforce 8 users cant see it on XP too, because its a geforce 8 bug... unless you found a working driver... what videocard do you have?

Mulle_DK13
07-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Geforce 6600gt..

Digital-Maniac
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
"Try walking close to a wall and look a bit down... You will be able to see a little white spot on the wall! LOL! :P"

I actually made a thread about this and no one se4emed to care

sniperbr0
07-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
Geforce 6600gt..

then for geforce 8 users it cant be fixed, for geforce 6 and 7 just use XP and there will be torchlight.

Icebreaker.007
07-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Is there a better fix than "go back to XP"? It would be extremely difficult for me to rollback to XP.

timmieboy2
07-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by sniperbr0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
Geforce 6600gt..

for geforce 6 and 7 just use XP and there will be torchlight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, i got 6600GT and xp and it depends on the video card drivers. Atm I got 84.21 but torch light isn't working correctly. Only seeing some really thin lines here and there of light when I use. I used a new version lately but when i used MSN or any kind of video my cpu went to 99%/100% and i had to "sleep" and then it went back to normal but couldn't see any movies.

So anyone know a good version which shows the Torch light and is stable (so rather official from nvidia)

Iservealot
07-12-2007, 06:12 PM
From what I can gather, the torchlight not working is a problem with Nvidia's drivers.

The torch light never worked on Geforce 8800 Graphic Cards, and the newer Nvidia drivers seem to cause problem for previous generation card owners.

We should all get together and write to Nvidia about this problem.

sniperbr0
07-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by timmieboy2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniperbr0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
Geforce 6600gt..

for geforce 6 and 7 just use XP and there will be torchlight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, i got 6600GT and xp and it depends on the video card drivers. Atm I got 84.21 but torch light isn't working correctly. Only seeing some really thin lines here and there of light when I use. I used a new version lately but when i used MSN or any kind of video my cpu went to 99%/100% and i had to "sleep" and then it went back to normal but couldn't see any movies.

So anyone know a good version which shows the Torch light and is stable (so rather official from nvidia) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a bug people have been talking about since like 2 years ago, having an incorrect torch light is different than having no torch light at all, they are different bugs, one can be fixed running specific driver releases, the other cant be fixed until someone finds the fix.

Im currently using the beta 94.24 from guru3D ( the official ones are ****) and i see torchlight, my previous one was 91.36 and I could see the torchlight too. Both are very good drivers, and with the old control panel, which rocks, no broken Overclocking settings or fan control, they all work. Im having only 2 problems with 92.24 and im thinking about rolling back to 91.36: the colors settings dont stick after restarting, and CNC 3 seems to run more slow by the day, i finished the campaign with 91.36 with all settings maxed and now i cant even some missins all on low-medium... it wasnt like this even when i installed the 94.24, so something is going on...

well, try installing these versions, they are keepers. and dont forget to remove drivers properly, some have been reporting having an incorrect torh light when they havent removed drivers before installing the new one.

Digital-Maniac
07-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Hmm, i'll try this tonight, I pray to god that you are not lying. Hopefully someone else tries before me.

Digital-Maniac
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
new drivers are out today, do these work?

sniperbr0
07-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Digital-Maniac:
new drivers are out today, do these work?

which?

and btw digital, what i said about trying the 94.24 and 91.36 is for geforce 6 and 7 users who have the incorrect torch light bug, not the missing flashlight geforce 8 bug, but you are free to try them if you are running windows XP, maybe they will work and we will have found the fix http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

i usually read feedback on guru3d forums, nobody there plays scct vs so i dont know if theres a driver that shows the flashlight on the geforce 8...

Digital-Maniac
07-14-2007, 08:26 AM
i tried several drivers even the new vista forceware drivers no luck...
whats the difference btwn torch light & flashlight?

sniperbr0
07-14-2007, 04:19 PM
i dont know, english isnt my native language, their meaning are the same to me...

Moonwish
11-24-2008, 07:59 AM
had the same problem, installed 81.98 froceware and it works fine now :P