PDA

View Full Version : My Rig for SC:DA - Will it work?

fluffman
09-17-2006, 04:29 AM
Howdy,

I have a 1.8ghz AMD64 processor and a ATI Radeon x1600 series GFX card. (also i got one gig of ram but i will fix that later...)I know that the processor is outdated so which should i buy? My current Motherboard is also outdated so which motherboard should i buy and which CPU to go with it? Also one last thing i need a Mobo capable of using both my current AGP GFX card and can possibly in the future use PCIe cards. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,
Thanks, Fluffman

Patmarki
09-17-2006, 04:31 AM
You could buy an Xbox 360; you don't have to update that one.

knife_X
09-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Patmarki:

yippi another fanboy like we dont have enough of those!

TO FLUFFMAN: How can anyone know if you rig will make SCDA when we havent seen the specs for it. In my eyes your just tryin g to show off! In other words... you suck!

fluffman
09-17-2006, 04:55 AM
ok i'll take the first answer first.

XBOX 360's are lame (and just for the record PS3's are a rip off and are even lamer. Nintendo Wii all the way...)

Secondly, i'm not trying to show off...(by saying i have an outdated rig how in any way am i showing off?) i just know a lot of people visit these forums who know a lot about Computer hardware. So Kinfe_X if that aint you then kindly go find someone else to insult.

Oh and don't turn this into a console vs PC war please.

Patmarki
09-17-2006, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by knife_X:

Just trying to give him some advice, *******.

Knot3D
09-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Afaik, AGP + PCI-E combo boards are pretty rare and maybe not even all that great.

I'd advise you to go straight to PCI-E. Keep in mind also, that DX10 is around the corner.

X1900XT cards are cheap these days. I got a X1900XTX myself ; totally love that card (even though the X1950XTX seems very tempting)

As for cpu ; Core 2 Duo

ras29
09-17-2006, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Knot3D:
Afaik, AGP + PCI-E combo boards are pretty rare and maybe not even all that great.

I'd advise you to go straight to PCI-E. Keep in mind also, that DX10 is around the corner.

X1900XT cards are cheap these days. I got a X1900XTX myself ; totally love that card (even though the X1950XTX seems very tempting)

As for cpu ; Core 2 Duo

Ah, phew. Someone does indeed have a heart in these forums.

Thanks, Knot3D. You showed me that these forums arent full of *******s.

knife_X, get a life. Leave fluffman alone, he was seeking help, not an insult.

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:01 AM
lol ok thanks guys... i'll bear that in mind...

RagnarokB
09-17-2006, 06:02 AM
I would say just a get a Xbox360.. They rule. Plus if you have Xbox games and you pay the extra 100 dollars (might be less now) you can play those Xbox games on the 360. Then if you want to get XBL (50 dollars a year+the hook-up cord=20 dollars maybe?) Xbox360 all the way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But instead of upgrading a PC just buy a new one.. Alot easier and in some cases cheaper.

Archie.
09-17-2006, 06:05 AM
Motherboard: (Got AGP & PCI-EXPRESS) Asrock - Socket 939 - ATX ULi M1695 (939DUAL-SATA2) - 8CH / SATA / Raid / Lan / PCI-Express

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ / 2.4GHz Socket 939 Dual Core

Cost around 300euro.

Don't buy an Xbox 360, better buy Wii, cause with it you can do things you can't do with PC.

Fluffman wait til I finnished school in 2 years then I can buy a new compute for ya http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'll earn around 2700euro after tax. So I got around 1800euro or something to spend on what I want.

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:05 AM
I was thinkin about buyin a new one but for me being 15 i really dont have the cash.

This yeah i allready have to buy a Nintendo Wii, a huge windscreen TFT monitor, and loads more games. For someone without a job i think adding a new pc to that list would be pushing it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Wow thanks archie thats the kind of info i need THANKS!! i will look into that... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

RagnarokB
09-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Dude if your getting a Wii don't get SCDA for PC get it for Wii! The Wii looks pretty cool but I myself do not like the controls.

Archie.
09-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by RagnarokB:
Dude if your getting a Wii don't get SCDA for PC get it for Wii! The Wii looks pretty cool but I myself do not like the controls.

I like them, just be creative. You want a round control and use it as a sword ingame? No thanks! Btw, they've made usual controlls too, that you put the Wii remote into and it will work fine! =)

RagnarokB
09-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Ya I know.. Nintendo is being very creative (not sarcasm) I mean these controls are new never ever seen before nothing like them. I kind of want to buy a Wii but sadly I don't have enough money.. But now that you told me they have normal controllers I might just try as hard as I can..

Archie.
09-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Ya I know.. Nintendo is being very creative (not sarcasm) I mean these controls are new never ever seen before nothing like them. I kind of want to buy a Wii but sadly I don't have enough money.. But now that you told me they have normal controllers I might just try as hard as I can..

I've heard it'll cost around 200euro, you can't afford that? You HAVE to buy it looks hilarious! LOOK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8gVlYpnNM&search=wii

RagnarokB
09-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Hmm 200 euro is 300 or 400 USA dollars?

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:13 AM
SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA is coming out for the Wii really?

I had no idea...

Can you tell me where you got this info?

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:15 AM
The Wii will cost "249 or 179 or $249

It is so cheap you can hardly say no!

RagnarokB
09-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Ok this was my mistake,SCDA MIGHT come on the Wii. Also they say the Wii isn't going to be as powerful as the X360 ^^

Archie.
09-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Ok this was my mistake,SCDA MIGHT come on the Wii. Also they say the Wii isn't going to be as powerful as the X360 ^^

Splinter Cell: Double Agent is coming for Wii, I saw an announcement.

Yeah it won't be as powerfull, but it's better price and it is like nothing else. So it's worth it, who says graphic goes before gameplay? =)
And I saw some screens of SC DA @ Wii, and it looked really nice.

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:24 AM
powerful doesnt mean anything!

Ok so that graphics may look old... SO WHAT!

I would rather buy a XBOX 360 and a Wii for the same price as the PS3...

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:27 AM
LOOK check this page out!

http://wii.gamespy.com/articles/732/732791p1.html

It says near the bottom that they are planning SC: DA for the Wii YAY!!

RagnarokB
09-17-2006, 06:29 AM
To Fluffman: Ya that's what we both told you..

To Archie: Ya I know the shots looked very nice. Anyways I am planning for SCDA and RS:Vegas

Patmarki
09-17-2006, 06:32 AM
I would say just a get a Xbox360.. They rule.

Finally someone who agrees.

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Has any one else seen the announcements that say there will be no online play with third party games untill 2007?

Archie.
09-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by fluffman:
Has any one else seen the announcements that say there will be no online play with third party games untill 2007?

No. But if there is so, invite friends!

fluffman
09-17-2006, 06:57 AM
and the controllers cost like a load.... 45 for a controller complete with nungchuck...

mihai_666
09-17-2006, 07:31 AM

check gamespot.com and you'll see that the SCDA is officialy coming ofr the Wii

Chief.Kaiser
09-17-2006, 07:47 AM
does SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA support Dual Core cpu?

Talon1986
09-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patmarki:

TO FLUFFMAN: How can anyone know if you rig will make SCDA when we havent seen the specs for it. In my eyes your just tryin g to show off! In other words... you suck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well its true. its way way cheaper than a pc that has the same specs.

fluffman
09-17-2006, 10:21 AM
exactly... the main reason i dont have an xbox right now is i dont really like game pads that much... Mouse and Keyboard all they way.

Thats why i like the Wii. Its new and exciting...

HorTyS
09-17-2006, 07:07 PM
XBOX 360's are lame

i guess you forgot to say "IMO", because thats all it is, your OPINION.

Mouse and Keyboard all they way.
again, opinion/ personal preferance. personally, i prefer not being crouched over a computer desk and having to contort my fingers all over the place. i also like having analog control over character movement, something that really comes in handy in splinter cell.

Knot3D
09-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by hortys_99:

again, opinion/ personal preferance. i also like having analog control over character movement, something that really comes in handy in splinter cell.

It's that i have a good gaming pc, but i always play SC with the pc gamepad..which is now a Logitech pad but i think i'll buy a XB360 pad for SC DA ..The analogue control just feels THAT much more tactile to Sam's moves imho.

Spiritmonger4
09-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Archie.:
Motherboard: (Got AGP & PCI-EXPRESS) Asrock - Socket 939 - ATX ULi M1695 (939DUAL-SATA2) - 8CH / SATA / Raid / Lan / PCI-Express

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ / 2.4GHz Socket 939 Dual Core

Cost around 300euro.

Don't buy an Xbox 360, better buy Wii, cause with it you can do things you can't do with PC.

Fluffman wait til I finnished school in 2 years then I can buy a new compute for ya http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'll earn around 2700euro after tax. So I got around 1800euro or something to spend on what I want.

Hmmm not the best option IMO.

First AMD lost from intell with the conroe processors.

This would be my build:

Conroe 6600 ( costs around 300 euro, Much better then AMD (slightly worse then the best amd processor, but that one is much more expensive)

MOtherboard, dont go cheap on this one buy one with the intell 975 chipset.

But now u need new DDR2 ram to, costs around 200 euro for 2 gig.

Buy a cheaper PCI card wich are better the most AGP cards.

If u wanna go cheap: Buy the wii, its fun, its cool and always runs ur games. (Not a fanboy, got xbox360, but i am gonna buy the wii to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )