PDA

View Full Version : In general

RedTerex
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
First of all, hello to you all and specially those who remember me, nice to be back.

I started off playing SH1 back in...er..1995 I think it was and have played every other installment ever since. Always enjoying it and always almost religiously following the progression of this great franchise.

I am delighted that we will now have a virtual U-Boat to walk around inside, this is monumental and will add a depth of immersion to the game of the likes never experienced before.

Taking the U-boat to new depths (pun intended)

I am quite excited about this and believe that the Devs have followed the natural progression of the franchise to meet the ever growing expectations from the SH community.

Sadly, I do anticipate a few bugs, but with such critical complexity of game programming with all the spot on graphics and technicalities of managing a U-boat in the realism that is demanded by the community then this is now an unwanted but unfortunate aspect.

However, the Devs have always endevoured to correct any buggy issues with the now almost obligatory patches, so not so much a problem just a matter of time waiting for them to be dl'd

Just an observation for the Dev Team as well: The crew of the U-boat will definately need to be speaking in German with English subtitles if SH5 is to pull it off...or the realism will be sourly effected.

All in all though, good luck Devs with this new and exiting 5th generation SH installment.

RedTerex

Stevepine
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
agreed. I heard that ubi will have that as a feature. I understand why you might be worried though with the AWFUL SH4 having american voices for u boat men and the first SH5 trailer having EVEN MORE RIDICULOUSLY American accents.

You know.... that bit at the end where he says some thing like " is this it...? the end ...like this? -- HELL NO! "

You might as well have the captain throwing a lassoo around destroyers shout " YEEEEEEHAAA" F.F.S.

WhiteKnight77
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Welcome back Red.

uniquewave
01-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Stevepine:
agreed. I heard that ubi will have that as a feature. I understand why you might be worried though with the AWFUL SH4 having american voices for u boat men and the first SH5 trailer having EVEN MORE RIDICULOUSLY American accents.

You know.... that bit at the end where he says some thing like " is this it...? the end ...like this? -- HELL NO! "

You might as well have the captain throwing a lassoo around destroyers shout " YEEEEEEHAAA" F.F.S.

That last part is hilarious. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Maybe there should be three different voice settings. 1: German 2:English 3: American/coyboy... If those are the real voices in the game (i cant imagine that there isnt a german translation though, it only makes sense!) then that's going to be the first thing that I mod.

RedTerex
01-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Welcome back Red.

Thanks WhiteKnight77.

I just read the Q and A thread and have seen that German voices will be included in voice pack, so it appears that the Devs have their thinking caps on.

German soldiers sounding like John Wayne saying things like" C'mon u guys, lets get ther hell oudda here" always spoiled those 1970 WWII movies.

RedTerex
01-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Stevepine:
...You might as well have the captain throwing a lassoo around destroyers shout " YEEEEEEHAAA" F.F.S.

I laughed out loud...for real http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

surfingerman
01-27-2010, 01:09 AM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2460/sinkubisoft.jpg

surfingerman
01-27-2010, 01:27 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">***Picture Has Been Removed***</span>

RedTerex
01-27-2010, 06:11 PM
The first one " Somebody Blogged " is quite amusing Surfingerman, but the 2nd one with old Adolf there might be deamed a bit offensive by some.

Ubi is not a Neo-Nazi-fascist movement, there are elements however that are upwardly mobile in the continuem singularity Dept where the cell life does not exceed multiples of 2.

This is not the Devs I snipe at but the singularities that constrain them.