PDA

View Full Version : Necropolis bug

Marianjk
09-20-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm having a problem with the game crashing when ever I play with a Necropolis tower in it.
Just entering the tower causes the game to crash. If I start the game with other towns it's ok. I haven't installed patches 1.41 and later yet. Has anyone had this problem and do you think the patch will help...will have to find it (UK version)

Marianjk
09-20-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm having a problem with the game crashing when ever I play with a Necropolis tower in it.
Just entering the tower causes the game to crash. If I start the game with other towns it's ok. I haven't installed patches 1.41 and later yet. Has anyone had this problem and do you think the patch will help...will have to find it (UK version)

Elementalist.
09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Never seen that but it should be corrected with patching. Here. (http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_magic_5/)

Marianjk
09-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the advice, I installed all the patches and I still have the same problem. Any maps I d/l, I have to go over with the editor and take out any Necropolis towns/castles and change them to other races, otherwise when I take over a castle or just enter one, the game just crashes. Any other advice? It spoils some games that are based on the Necromancers

Elodin
09-22-2007, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marianjk:
Thanks for the advice, I installed all the patches and I still have the same problem. Any maps I d/l, I have to go over with the editor and take out any Necropolis towns/castles and change them to other races, otherwise when I take over a castle or just enter one, the game just crashes. Any other advice? It spoils some games that are based on the Necromancers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First try removing any mods you have.

If mod is not the problem then a game file is corrupt. Uninstall game. Make sure no file is left in the game folders. Then reinstall game and apply patches.