PDA

View Full Version : Legal Action?

DaydreamerAsim
01-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi,
I'm soon going to try and take any legal action possible to get my money back for this game.

Has anyone else already tried, or know more about it?

- Daydreamer

p.s. If people want to back me, or also want to get a refund, I could start a petition.

DaydreamerAsim
01-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi,
I'm soon going to try and take any legal action possible to get my money back for this game.

- Daydreamer

p.s. If people want to back me, or also want to get a refund, I could start a petition.

poppachocks1
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaydreamerAsim:
Hi,

- Daydreamer

p.s. If people want to back me, or also want to get a refund, I could start a petition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The proper place to ask for a refund is the place you bought the game from. I don't think you'll get much backing here. A more constructive path would be to state what problems you are having with the game, and perhaps post your system specs.

Seems there was a thread here about bans for people asking for refunds, but don't know if that thread got deleted.

taichirob
02-06-2007, 03:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poppachocks1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaydreamerAsim:
Hi,

You should get a refund because the game is not fit for purpose, the games industry seems to be exempt from this rule.

If I bought anything else and it did not work then you would get a refund.

With all the complaints about this game running on PC's there has to be something that can be done. It seems to make no difference whether the PC is up to spec or not. I ran the program to see if my PC was up to the job and it came back way up above the recommended specs but still it will not run. I can runall theother latest games but not this one.

Why don't game designers make games that are compatable with the majority of PC's not just a few.

- Daydreamer

p.s. If people want to back me, or also want to get a refund, I could start a petition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The proper place to ask for a refund is the place you bought the game from. I don't think you'll get much backing here. A more constructive path would be to state what problems you are having with the game, and perhaps post your system specs.

Seems there was a thread here about bans for people asking for refunds, but don't know if that thread got deleted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should get a refund because the game is not fit for purpose, the games industry seems to be exempt from this rule.

If I bought anything else and it did not work then you would get a refund.

With all the complaints about this game running on PC's there has to be something that can be done. It seems to make no difference whether the PC is up to spec or not. I ran the program to see if my PC was up to the job and it came back way up above the recommended specs but still it will not run. I can runall theother latest games but not this one.

Why don't game designers make games that are compatable with the majority of PC's not just a few.

njnyposp
02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
You didn't mention if u are an Nvidia user or not. If so take a look at www.nvidiaclassaction.org (http://www.nvidiaclassaction.org)

jamosjb
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif legal action...please..

jamosjb
02-18-2007, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by njnyposp:
You didn't mention if u are an Nvidia user or not. If so take a look at www.nvidiaclassaction.org (http://www.nvidiaclassaction.org) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the heck would you sue nvidia?? Sue Microsoft..it is thier crappy OS that is causing the issues not a video card manufacturer..nvidia is not at fault..I laugh at that weblink..please.

njnyposp
02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
If you'd take note, there is no 1 fix for all issues, I wish there was but there isn't. For some peeps it's the O/S for otheres it's the ram, page file, harddrive, video card, updated drivers, etc. not to mention a poorly developed and test game and little or no help from UBI/ARKANE=THIEVES/LIARS team. All I did was mention one possibility. I trust the game worked well for you and if it did I know you enjoyed it. I did too but not on my computer. It worked well for someone else but not for me. That particular site "might" apply to this person and it might not. Don't be so quick to dismiss it just because it may not apply to you.

slammer_dunk
02-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Has anyone checked the license agreement to see what it says about providing a working product? Im sure it violates something...

Does anyone have a domain or website that we can setup a big online petition to get some response or patch done? We could inform all the game news sites of it's existence?

VenomKing666
02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Daydreamer why do you complain whats the problem whats in ur comp i will help you, because i was mad like you but then i found that my comp was not strong enough, by the way rou need 2 Gigs of ram to run this game, soi before trying legal actions try to find a solution... (even if i think you already tried)

BlackCaraway
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Actually, the game apparently only needs 512 Meg to run it minimum, and they recommend 1gig. So, yeah. I have plenty of problems with this game and all my specs are above the recommended and I cannot play it on minimum graphics even on a fresh install of windows. Up to date drivers, and directX. The game is buggy it plays fine for a couple of minutes than the frame rate just drops down and down and down until it is at one FPS. Even if I am not moving it declines in frame rate.

Yes, people should be able to take legal action. Any other product that doesn't work out of the box you can return. My system met the requirements on the box at the time of me buying the product, I take it home. Install it it doesn't work. There should be laws protecting consumers for software just like there are for everything else. Assuming there aren't any already, and if there are any that people know of please post them here, as their support staff are not very helpful and just restate the stuff in their troubleshooting section to you. Even after you have told them you have been through these steps already.

njnyposp
03-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Ah it's good to see another satisfied customer (one of thousands) of the Ubi/Arkane=Thieves/Liars team.
Unfortunately this galant team has chosen to abandon the community, it's a money thing you know, and leave us to help each other. I thank them every chance I get. Some fixes will work some won't. Forget about what it says on the box those are lies printed to sell more games to a wider community. Is some circles that's considered fraud. They have already gotten your money and refuse to answer e-mails or forum questions. In some circles that might be considered a theft. So it looks like you will have to return the game and hopefully get ur bucks back, or throw it away and chalk it up to an expensive lesson about buying games from U/A, or roll up your sleeves and scour the forum and the internet for solutions, try them and hope they work. The game itself is really quite good, once you've found a computer you can play them on that is. High tech, low tech, doesn't seem to matter. Sometimes it works and sometimes.....well you already know that part.
So hats off and thumbs down to the Ubi/Arkane=Thieves/Liars=Zero/Support team ! Thanx guys !

vapor002
03-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry you are having problems. We are having the same with R6 Vegas for the PC. Several threads on the forum have information regarding resolving complaints.

This is a copy from a post here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/4611008735/p/2

You can view the R6 Vegas forum in all it's glory here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3801065024

We indeed have a lot in common.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Send your complaints here:

http://www.ccbbb.ca/

http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/e_HotLine/map_Site.asp
&lt; this is the important one, unlike some other countries, canada , quebec in

particular has laws against this type of fraud, and thats what this is, a broken game

that does not work as advertized.

Some of you will say why bother ect.... Complain at the above mentioned address TO

GET YOUR MONEY BACK. THE LAWS IN CANADA ALLOW YOU TO REGISTER A COMPLAINT TO GET A REFUND.

Complaining Effectively

DO NOT:

Procrastinate! Some conditions might be time-sensitive, and delay could cost you the right to get your money back.

Stop payments on a sale or contract! This may damage your credit rating or lead to seizure of goods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1:
Contact the business by phone. Be prepared to clearly explain your problem and why you are dissatisfied.

UBI Soft Entertainment - more info »
5505 ST LAURENT, MONTRÉAL, QC H2T 1S6, Canada
(514) 490-2000

Ubisoft Divertissement Inc - more info »
740 RUE NOTRE-DAME OUEST, MONTRÉAL, QC H3C 3X6, Canada (514) 227-3514

Ubisoft Divertissements
2600 RUE WILLIAM-TREMBLAY, MONTRÉAL, QC H1Y 3J2, Canada (514) 529-1378

Speak to the right people in the right order. Start with the sales clerk, then move on to the customer service office or manager, then the business's head office.

Keep a written record of the call including
- Whom you talked to (name or title)
- When?
- What was their response?

STEP 2:
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, then write a letter to a person in authority – such as Manager, General Manager or Owner of the business. Include:
- A description of the problem
- Steps you have taken (i.e. details of your phone calls,etc.)
- What you would like the business to do
- Copies of relevant documents (keep originals in your own file)

Send the letter by registered mail, and keep a copy of the letter in your file. Give the business 10 days to respond to your letter.

STEP 3:
If you still have no response or your complaint is still not resolved, you may formally register your complaint. LINKS ABOVE

STEP 4:
If you still do not receive a satisfactory response to your complaint you may wish to take your complaint to small claims court. THIS DOES WORK BUT IS PRETTY MUCH

ONLY FOR CANADIANS

As a last resort, you may need to seek legal advice from a lawyer.

(Information on this page provided by the Office of Consumer Affairs.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

vapor002
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
For those in USA:

What you may want to do as well is have a word with the Better Business Bureau. The link for Ubisoft's BBB agency in San Francisco is http://www.goldengatebbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=13891

Currently they are listed as have SATISFACTORY status, but that is merely because once you've taken to reporting Ubi to the BBB, do they then take your complaint seriously and do whatever it takes to make things "square".

It just may be another method you want to take alongside a small claims court filing.

RenegadeXI
03-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow. you people are still complaining.

Gothic 3 didn't work on my PC for a long time even though it was supposed to. Did I complain? No. It's just a game. A luxury item. Who the **** cares. If you get so worked up over a VIDEOGAME not functioning on your (most likely) not-up-to-par comp, then it's not the developers' fault. Life goes on, you knew you were getting into this when you first built a gaming rig, so deal with it, or buy a console.

Seriously, Ubisoft/Arkane don't owe you anything, especially if you keep topics like these up. They've released 2 SP patches and 4 MP patches so far, which is infinitely better support than most companies give their games (hello bethesda aka we rely on people that buy our games to make their own patches).

njnyposp
03-08-2007, 02:05 AM
You think there is nothing wrong with buying a product that doesn't work and then complaining to the producers of said product to gain satisfaction ? I'd like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge, cheap, one owner. Will you buy it ? You don't care if anybody cheats you ? Well most people do. When you think of all the money they make on these games and the gamers who get hosed do nothing about it, why should they change anything. On the other hand if enough people don't buy their games it will cost them big time. Maybe even convince them to produce a better product and support it instead of abandoning the gaming community. I'm sorry we will have to agree to disagree. I don't think anyone, including you, should have to get hosed by these people and just take the position that you don't care. Perhaps the game played well for you and you enjoyed it. Many people have a 50 dollar icon on their screen and Ubi/Arkane won't even answer forum or e-mailed questions about it. That's lousy customer service and they SHOULD be brought to task for it. Maybe after they've picked your pocket enough times you'll see things differently. If you bought a car or a refridgerator and it didn't work for 4 months and they told you to fix it yourself, would you just shrugg your shoulders ? I'd be throwing that fridge or driving that car right through their showroom window and demanding satisfaction. Ubi/Arkane does own the gaming community and it because of topics like this that they will take action. For example, UBI pulled back several games from their release dates for further developement. Why would they do that if they didn't see what was going on and take action as a responsible company should to try and prevent this in future games. Topics containing intelligent complaints or praise are VERY important. Naturally I would not expect them to lift a finger if all they got was F this and F that. But that's not the case here. How about cutting the intelligent complainers a little slack. Any benifits that are realized will benifit you as well.

RenegadeXI
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Haha, it's not intelligent complaining. And it's funny because you think you are unique. This happens more often than you think, there are people complaining in every single forum in the world. Bethesda hasn't answered a single question on whether there is another patch coming, or a fix for the Construction Set. Their devs no longer post on the forums. Silence for more than 8 months. EA is even worse, actively insulting it's user base and claiming the whiners are less than 1% so therefore they will not care. Go to Gothic 3's forum, quite a few people can't even start the game, but they are actively seeking solutions to the problem instead of preparing BS lawsuits that won't go anywhere.

Arkane is busy working on The Crossing, their next game. I'm pretty sure there will be another SP patch.

I really don't understand why you people can't get the game running. I've personally installed the game on 7 different computers, one with the infamous GeForce 6800, another with barely any free space (and loaded with spyware I might add), and you know what? They all booted the game flawlessly, no crashes, no glitches, no bugs. So I believe Arkane/Ubi when they say they can't reproduce the crash bug.

ForgeBimbo
03-08-2007, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RenegadeXI:
Haha, it's not intelligent complaining. And it's funny because you think you are unique. This happens more often than you think, there are people complaining in every single forum in the world. Bethesda hasn't answered a single question on whether there is another patch coming, or a fix for the Construction Set. Their devs no longer post on the forums. Silence for more than 8 months. EA is even worse, actively insulting it's user base and claiming the whiners are less than 1% so therefore they will not care. Go to Gothic 3's forum, quite a few people can't even start the game, but they are actively seeking solutions to the problem instead of preparing BS lawsuits that won't go anywhere.

Arkane is busy working on The Crossing, their next game. I'm pretty sure there will be another SP patch.

I really don't understand why you people can't get the game running. I've personally installed the game on 7 different computers, one with the infamous GeForce 6800, another with barely any free space (and loaded with spyware I might add), and you know what? They all booted the game flawlessly, no crashes, no glitches, no bugs. So I believe Arkane/Ubi when they say they can't reproduce the crash bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad it works for you. As well I'm glad you have enough money to either buy 7 computers or 7 copies of the game and all of the others you mention. Some of us have to pick and choose our purchases and feel pretty cheated when it doesn't work although we meet/exceed the requirements on the box. Yes there are a majority that have no issues, and the fact that YOU say they can't reproduce the issue, so it must not be real is just ignorance. I guess the hundreds of people who have expressed issues don't really hae problems either.....

Just because it may be a standard for game companies to release **** and then ignore the public, doesn't mean that's its the right thing to do....

BlindNero
03-08-2007, 09:49 AM
What a nonsense thread this is. "Legal action?" ????
The DVD is 100% OK, of which you can find proof in http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8821027804/m/6951032935. If you read that thread you may be able to solve your problem, following the steps i took. That is, if you bought the DVD. If you only use the downloaded via Steam version, it is Steam you must address your complaints to.

njnyposp
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM
That is exactly the point, Renegade. What this, and other companies are doing, is wrong. We, the people who pay their salaries by buying the games need to stand up and tell them to stop doing this or we won't buy ur product. I know I am not unique. The problem is pervasive throughout the industry but that doesn't make it right or ok. Most people do not have the resources to install the game on numerous computers or have numerous video cards or buy numerous games that don't work. When I buy a product, any product, I expect it to work as advertised and not settle for a "repaired" item or have to deal with personnel who make and sell a product and then ignore you when there are problems. Perhaps you find this acceptable, but I and most others, do not. I've heard Arkane is working on "the crossing" and if they do to that game what they did to this game people ought to think 3 times about buying it. I bought this game in October and it took months before I managed to get it to play and it was on a friend's computer, not mine, and I have a higher tech computer than his. I've been repairing computers for 15 years and I've never seen a game this buggy but I'm sure they are out there. The whole point is that it's wrong for them to conduct business in this manner. There is such a thing as truth in advertising and fraud. The specs on the box are flat out too low. But that was done to sell to a wider audience to make more money. Then when problems arose they asked for cooperation and got it. A number of us actually beta tested patches for free. When that didn't go as planned they cut us loose. They don't answer forum questions and don't answer e-mails. Do you still think this is ok for them to do ? I and many others do not. So don't be so quick to dismiss complaints. How do you think companies get feedback ? If it be positive or negative it's up to us to let them know when they messed up and this is one of those times. And it seems to be having an effect. They opted to pull back the release dates on some games for further developement. They didn't have to do that. But even they can see it's good business to keep the customers happy lest they buy from someone else. I'm glad the game worked for you and you enjoyed it. So did I. But I should not have to go through all that to make the game work and not be able to complain to the company about it.

RenegadeXI
03-11-2007, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That is exactly the point, Renegade. What this, and other companies are doing, is wrong. We, the people who pay their salaries by buying the games need to stand up and tell them to stop doing this or we won't buy ur product.
I know I am not unique. The problem is pervasive throughout the industry but that doesn't make it right or ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I agree. But it happens, it has always happened, and the reason I was ticked off in this topic was because threatening a company with a lawsuit simply because it didn't work on their computer is kind of silly, it's very silly when the same company that made the game has released two patches so far to correct these issues. You guys are pretending that Arkane doesn't care, that Ubisoft doesn't care, this and that. If Arkane didn't care, then they wouldn't have devoted so much resources and time trying to figure out just what the problem was.

Ubisoft, as they are, is a huge company with dozens of games on their release table. This does not give them the time to effectively test a game as much as say, Blizzard or Valve. That doesn't excuse them, but you have to take that into consideration. I'm sure they are doing as much as they can. I know how the software development environment works, it's not me talking out of my ***. They can't reveal every single part of the process to their customers. What if they had been working on the 1.03 patch but a glitch ruined the whole process? You guys would have been even more angry and calling them incompetent programmers and whatnot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most people do not have the resources to install the game on numerous computers or have numerous video cards or buy numerous games that don't work. When I buy a product, any product, I expect it to work as advertised and not settle for a "repaired" item or have to deal with personnel who make and sell a product and then ignore you when there are problems. Perhaps you find this acceptable, but I and most others, do not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't, at all, but like I said before, they haven't ignored you. The patches are evidence enough. I really don't know what to say. It works on most machines, but it refuses to work on others, no matter what. I recall this incident with System Shock 2, it's a very old game, but it works just fine on my machine, and on others, it never works. You could apply every kind of fix to it, and it wouldn't work. It's the risk and consequences of PC gaming, and unfortunately why most games are unoptimized. There are too many system configurations and there are bound to be quite a few that are incompatible with a piece of software.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've heard Arkane is working on "the crossing" and if they do to that game what they did to this game people ought to think 3 times about buying it. I bought this game in October and it took months before I managed to get it to play and it was on a friend's computer, not mine, and I have a higher tech computer than his. I've been repairing computers for 15 years and I've never seen a game this buggy but I'm sure they are out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh but there are. Gothic 3 was a horrible glitchfest when it was released. In fact, most European games are Dark Messiah^3 in terms of bugginess. Hell even Blizzard's renowned Diablo 2 was extremely buggy on release, causing many people including myself to lose saved games. Blue screens weren't uncommon, either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The whole point is that it's wrong for them to conduct business in this manner. There is such a thing as truth in advertising and fraud. The specs on the box are flat out too low. But that was done to sell to a wider audience to make more money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to disagree. The specs are fine, they do work with the game. I know someone that could play the game with an X300 SE, and by all means we know that is a terrible video card. But it's hardware incompatibility. Who knows, maybe a single line of code could fix all the problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then when problems arose they asked for cooperation and got it. A number of us actually beta tested patches for free. When that didn't go as planned they cut us loose. They don't answer forum questions and don't answer e-mails. Do you still think this is ok for them to do ? I and many others do not. So don't be so quick to dismiss complaints. How do you think companies get feedback ? If it be positive or negative it's up to us to let them know when they messed up and this is one of those times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but you have to realize that they can't take every single user complaint into account. imagine yourself in Arkane's position. You release a product which work fine on the computers you tested. Then you have about a dozen people complaining that it doesn't work, it won't start, etc. And you have no idea why, since they all stop working for different reasons. You guys also have to really look at it from a different point of view. Trust me, I'm sure they are listening to the complaints.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And it seems to be having an effect. They opted to pull back the release dates on some games for further developement. They didn't have to do that. But even they can see it's good business to keep the customers happy lest they buy from someone else. I'm glad the game worked for you and you enjoyed it. So did I. But I should not have to go through all that to make the game work and not be able to complain to the company about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm glad they are. It would be nice to play a bug-free Ubisoft game, for once. Although Dark Messiah worked out of the box for me just fine and a few other people I know, I can't deny it does have its share of bugs and glitches. I just wish people would stop making threats and calling Arkane horrible people. It's not constructive, it's not helping anyone, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

njnyposp
03-11-2007, 06:59 PM
It's obvious you can see why people are angry. Some people express it better than others but it stems from the same source. It's more than just a few dozen people complaining. It's thousands more. You may have missed this but all the posts they got slammed with in November and December of 2006 mysteriously got deleted when they "claimed" the server crashed and the info was non-retrievable. Well, in business you have a backup and equally as mysterious the backup was non-retrievable as well. I have serious doubts about what really happened but I have no proof. I know it's tough producing software with the wide variety of hardware on the market but this is the business they've chosen. If you're going to produce a product you need to "fully" support the product. Yes, they put out 2 patches, it's not enough. Patches and fixes are supposed to be just that, patches and fixes. If you look at the list they put out of the patches I have to ask myself why wasn't a good portion of this considered in developement ? Since they won't answer this I have no choise but to answer it myself. It was rushed out of developemnt in October of 2006 in time for the Christmas season and they'll worry about fixing it later if it doesn't work. Unfortunately there was a great deal that didn't work and when it costs more than it's worth what happens ? Support vanishes. Most of the complaints probably wouldn't be so negative if they would just talk to us. That's customer service plain and simple. They don't answer in the forum, they don't answer in the e-mails, they just flat out don't answer. That's a slap in the face. They need to stop doing that otherwise the true story will be written by the complainers and a good game or a good company can get plowed under by bad press and STILL, after all this time, 4 1/2 months now, they remain silent and it's mighty difficult to speak well of someone when they take this approach. If I ever get a game that plays well out of the box I'll be singing their praises. But until then, I have no choise but to be negative. I am hopeful that by them taking a step back and taking more time to develop a game they just might have heard the hue and cry and are doing something to address it. However, they still need to talk to us about it. The silent treatment does nothing to quell the ire of the customers it only feeds it.

nemesis213
03-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Like many times i fully agree with njnyposp

and ... Renegade ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">es, but you have to realize that they can't take every single user complaint into account. imagine yourself in Arkane's position. You release a product which work fine on the computers you tested. Then you have about a dozen people complaining that it doesn't work, it won't start, etc. And you have no idea why, since they all stop working for different reasons. You guys also have to really look at it from a different point of view. Trust me, I'm sure they are listening to the complaints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really think, they and UBI tested it right? Haha ... then i really ask me HOW they tested it ... if the majority cant play that thing .. STILL after months ... then .. jeah ... they tested a sh**t ....

its just like njnyposp sad ... they rushed it out to make money ... and so Arkane had not enough time to finish their work ... at this time UBI was the bad person BUT now .... look .. 4 months and Arkane STILL cant handle this Game ... so that show me their incompetence ...

greetz

Mana_SG
03-12-2007, 07:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by njnyposp:
It's obvious you can see why people are angry. Some people express it better than others but it stems from the same source. It's more than just a few dozen people complaining. It's thousands more. You may have missed this but all the posts they got slammed with in November and December of 2006 mysteriously got deleted when they "claimed" the server crashed and the info was non-retrievable. Well, in business you have a backup and equally as mysterious the backup was non-retrievable as well. I have serious doubts about what really happened but I have no proof. I know it's tough producing software with the wide variety of hardware on the market but this is the business they've chosen. If you're going to produce a product you need to "fully" support the product. Yes, they put out 2 patches, it's not enough. Patches and fixes are supposed to be just that, patches and fixes. If you look at the list they put out of the patches I have to ask myself why wasn't a good portion of this considered in developement ? Since they won't answer this I have no choise but to answer it myself. It was rushed out of developemnt in October of 2006 in time for the Christmas season and they'll worry about fixing it later if it doesn't work. Unfortunately there was a great deal that didn't work and when it costs more than it's worth what happens ? Support vanishes. Most of the complaints probably wouldn't be so negative if they would just talk to us. That's customer service plain and simple. They don't answer in the forum, they don't answer in the e-mails, they just flat out don't answer. That's a slap in the face. They need to stop doing that otherwise the true story will be written by the complainers and a good game or a good company can get plowed under by bad press and STILL, after all this time, 4 1/2 months now, they remain silent and it's mighty difficult to speak well of someone when they take this approach. If I ever get a game that plays well out of the box I'll be singing their praises. But until then, I have no choise but to be negative. I am hopeful that by them taking a step back and taking more time to develop a game they just might have heard the hue and cry and are doing something to address it. However, they still need to talk to us about it. The silent treatment does nothing to quell the ire of the customers it only feeds it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Two Things:

Paragraphs, full stops. Otherwise I can't be bothered to read that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh and
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> December of 2006 mysteriously got deleted when they "claimed" the server crashed and the info was non-retrievable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you did not notice all the posts got restored less than a month after. The post counts however were not increased. But all the posts are here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nemesis213:

You really think, they and UBI tested it right? Haha ... then i really ask me HOW they tested it ... if the majority cant play that thing .. STILL after months ... then .. jeah ... they tested a sh**t ....

its just like njnyposp sad ... they rushed it out to make money ... and so Arkane had not enough time to finish their work ... at this time UBI was the bad person BUT now .... look .. 4 months and Arkane STILL cant handle this Game ... so that show me their incompetence ...

greetz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
From where are you getting the "majority" part? Only the minority post on the forums (thats included those who the game works fine for and those who it does not).

You think every single user with a problem comes to post here and you think those whit out a problem go post here as well? You just want it to be that way, when it's not, right?

nemesis213
03-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Who said that i just mean this Forum?

I know many People, saw on many boards and reviews, that this thing DOESNT work as it should ... and when i compare this amount of poeple with the amount that can play it ... so yes .. i say the majority cant play it right ...

and of course in this forum the majority are the people that cant play it too ...

but i see you have an other opinion and thats okay ...

greetz

ForgeBimbo
03-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Mana_SG: As I've seen it, there have been hundreds of people who HAVE posted with problems, so if they are a fraction of the total number of those who have issues then you do the math...

BlindNero
03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
So what? People posting their problems is a common thing... I have experience with that (moderating another game's tech forum). Usually 90% of the posts are from those who are computer illitterate, have outdated hardware, their hdd's stuffed full, yet they always assume "their PC functioned perfectly until this certain problem occurred". Most of the times haven't read any readme's, and after posting their problem (almost always without their system specs and detailed description of the problem) they expect Tech Support can provide a solution asap.

Posting problems is nothing special, anyone can do that, and they do...

VenomKing666
03-12-2007, 04:52 PM
BlindNero FTW !!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

njnyposp
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
They have eyes but they can not see. A great deal went on behind the scenes in e-mails. A great deal of technical information was given to Arkane, and not by computer illiterates, in an attempt to help them, help others. When it didn't quite go as planned and started to cost more than it was worth, they cut everyone lose. It's all about the M O N E Y. All the help on the forum, thankfully, comes from the gaming community when a good portion of it should be comming from the producers and developers of the game. I don't expect an answer over night or asap but really now, 4 1/2 months is bit much don't ya think ? They have remained silent for far too long. I also own and operate a game server. Not a DM server but another popular game. When my players are having problems I respond to them. The Ubi/Arkane crew pulled a vanishing act and no one seems to mind. Well I and a lot of people do mind and you all should as well. If we do nothing how do you expect anything to improve. Companies will continue to treat us like nothing even though it's us who buys the games. You do have the power to change things but if you do nothing, that's what you're going to get.

VenomKing666
03-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Companies do not treat us like nothing, because they know that if they do this people will not buy their games, they are busy and cant send alot of people to fix every f*cking problem of every single f*cking user....

njnyposp
03-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Are you in business ? That's just too damned bad that they are "busy" ! When you are in business and you provide a product or service (as I do) to a paying customer, you are obligated to provide support if the product or service doesn't work as advertised. You do NOT ignore the complaints and hope they "go away." If you don't or won't, take care of business, you won't be in business very long, if customers go elsewhere or raise public awarenss of the company's short falls and cause them to loose sales. You might even be subjected to criminal prosecution. Any reasonable company executive would see this and fire those responsible and make good on the public's requests. It's been almost 5 months now and "still" there are many, many people who can't play. This isn't right, we should not accept their BS excuses and I won't be nice to them. I will continue to raise awareness and bash them in computer magazine circles and on my wesite and forums until they see the error of their ways and do the right thing. In all fairness, they "seem" to be taking this into account, by pulling back the release date on some games in order to spend more time in development. They would NOT be doing this if they had not received so many complaints about their product. If, in fact, this is the case, and I'll believe that when I see it, this will benefit the entire gaming community by producing games with less bugs and, as a result, will improve relations with the customers and actually draw those customers to their companies and increase sales. It's a smart business decision. So perhaps you should not be so quick to defend them by saying they are "busy" or they can't fix every problem of every play". YES, they can, and they should, because it's the right thing to do. It's called "CUSTOMER SERVICE."

BlindNero
03-15-2007, 07:04 AM
But njnyposp.
1) This game runs as advertised (SP version), out of the box.

2) You should complain to this forum and to this forum only, because the 3 moderators do not seem to put much effort in helping members. The problem that most users have is that they have not informed themselves well by reading the game's readmes -and fully understanding them. So when they post here, they should be helped with that and get the game running.

VenomKing666
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Njnyposp can you play? and you say you provide a customer service... what is your job ?

nemesis213
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Man Guys ... BE OBJECTIVELY .. is that so hard?? I cant see this anymore .... you are defending defending ant still defending ..... CANT you accept that UBI did a very big MISTAKE and produced smth. for the bash???

BlindNero ... The Game DOES NOT runt out of the box .. why you dont want to accept this? If this would be true, why it doesnt run here by me? And why not THEIR by OTHER users too ... MANY users ..

You was not here last year man ... you dont know what happened here ... man this Forum was FUUULLLL of "flames" and "whining" like you and other guys would describe that cant be objectively ..... and it is STILL FULL with this things ....

MOST time it was and still is NOT the users fault .. specially not at dark messiah this is FACT. Man .. they are guys that have a super POWER pc and cant play this thing because UBI didnt managed it right ... their are tons of people who cant play it because UBi wanted MONEY ... after 4 - 5 months this thing is NOT FIXED and does NOT run out of the box .... yes .. wow it can be installed .. but then? nothing ...

Just acceppt this fact ... be very happy that you can play it ... tons of people CANT ...
be objectively ...

greetz

njnyposp
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
If the game played as advertised out of the box these forums would not be full of complaints since the game was released in October of 2006. I wish it were so but it's not. A lot of people had no problems but a lot of others did, including me. It took months before I was able to make the game play. The things that I had to do far exceeded the requirements on the box. I have a reasonably high tech system, not a killer rig but it's up there and there are people here with rigs higher in technology than mine and they can't play. As you have pointed out, you had no problem and I have seen many others also with no problem. I've been repairing and building computer systems for the last 15 years and what these software companies are doing is disgraceful. In the beginning Ubi/Arkane appeared to make an honest effort and asked for cooperation and worked with their customers both on line in the forums and behind the scenes via e-mail. These people along with many other companies have the same, wrong, mentality to get the game out and worry about fixing it later with patches. If you've seen the patch list for this game it's as long as my arm. That's not a patch, that's redevelopement. These things should have been handled in developement. But here's the deal and I've seen it many time: The producers, UBI, are in a rush to get the game out of developement, Arkane/Kuju, because it's not making any money yet. So they release it in October in time for the Christmas season knowing full well it's not entirely ready but it may work on a lot of systems and what it doesn't work on we will provide patches. Unfortunately the problems were so far and wide that a patch was not enough. They released patch 1.01 and it was a disaster. Did you know patch 1.02 had 8 previous patches before 1.02 was released. A bunch of us beta tested, for free, patches 1.02a,1.02,b etc. up through 1.02h before the final 1.02 was released to the general public. This was done via e-mail. Now they won't answer any of us, they won't answer any of you and they've moved on to other things because it's no longer cost effective. We, the gaming community, should not have to go through all this to make the game work. They should be helping us and they are not. And THAT is the main reason why I am angry with them. They sold us out and many people in the gaming community appear not to mind and instead defend these people saying that everyone does it and that's the way it is. Well that does not make it right and we need to band together and hold them accountable. Now it appears this effort has not been in vane. Ubi has chosen to pull back some games from release for further developement. They wouldn't do this if no one complained. So we are having an affect. But it just boggles me when I see people jump to the company's defense when they don't deserve such loyalty for what they did and are doing. In all fairness if they opt to do the right thing here, so will I. But until then I will continue to raise awareness and write to computer gaming magazines and continue to bash them when they deserve it. What they should be doing is improving customer service instead of ignoring us for the almighty dollar. In fact if they do the right thing it may cost them a little more up front but in the long run they will make more with happy loyal customers including me. They messed up, perhaps they learned something from the experience. We will all benefit if they do. But we need to stop defending them and take them to task when they deserve it.

VenomKing666
03-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Oops i tought i was in the tech help forum... but it looks like i am in the whining forum...

njnyposp
03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Well if they supplied us with tech help people would not be whining. So it looks like ur in the right place for both. We can help each other and we can bash them for not helping us.