PDA

View Full Version : I got the exclusive levels to work for Splinter Cell

kevin5171988
04-05-2005, 03:01 PM
This is a guide on how to install the 3 exclusive levels for splinter cell from the collectors edition of SC: CT.

1. Put the Bonus DVD in the DVD Drive.
2. Open My Computer
3. Right click on your dvd drive and hit explore.
4. Run the setup file
5. This will run the patch to install the exclusive levels.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

PS: The levels are great.

Kevin

Wandering_Cell
04-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Except for the fact that the 2nd mission is bugged since when you decompress the sub, the doors lock but no guards come through. Never saw a patch for it so I assume it's still bugged like that.

(I assume you're talking about SC1) This should probably be in SC1 forum too but hey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

shadownet_spy04
04-05-2005, 03:11 PM
When it tryed it said the installation was aborted and the patch was not aplied. How do i get it to work?

kevin5171988
04-05-2005, 03:16 PM
r u using a no-cd crack? You will get that sort of error if it cannot detect the original .exe file.

shadownet_spy04
04-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Whats a no cd crack? i can play CDs on the drive if thats what you mean.

I.S.F-Dixxhead
04-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Is the offficial version of Sc 1 actually of need?

TalonStryk
04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Kevin, that is how we all tried to get the levels to work, and it aborts the patch with an RTpatch error. Everyone who has tried has the origonal splinter cell installed legally (or at least from what ive read, i do, and i never use cracks). What country are you in? Rumor is that the copies outside the US work, but the US CE doesnt. There is NO file big enough on the cd to be levels and textures, (the largest .cab file is around 500kb, levels and textures would be alot larger.)

Bathazar2005
04-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Mine says, "Could not retrieve installation folder! Installation will be aborted."

Do I need the original game?

kevin5171988
04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
yes you need the original game.

do you guys have the latest patch installed for splinter cell? maybe you need to have the latest patch installed cuz like i said, mine works fine and i have latest patch.

ckenda1
04-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Kevin,

do you live in the United States? It appears that people who have copies not in the US work and people with the LCE in the US does not work.

kevin5171988
04-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes, I live in the U.S

This is really weird if I am the only one that can get it working.

ckenda1
04-05-2005, 09:05 PM
how big are your data cab files? (ie. data1.cab, data2.cab, etc) This may help shed some light. Could you please list your .cabs files and their sizes. THANKS!

Fathomous
04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I tried this before, and so did everyone else. It doesn't work.

Bathazar2005
04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Do the extra levels not work for the US version or something???

the_sextein
04-06-2005, 05:03 AM
I finally got my limited edition and my bonus levels don't work either. Too bad considering that was the main reason I wanted the LE. I have been wanting to play these ever since they were released. I never understood why they are not available for download somewhere on the net anyway. I thought that I was finally going to be able to know how masse went down. Sam even mentions that he killed him at some point in SCCT. I hope they can patch this patch in order to get it working. Does anyone have an official response from UBI or anything?

kevin5171988
04-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Wait Guys,

Sorry but I just noticed my version came from the UK as I bought it off of ebay and never really looked at the location.

Im sorry

Im at school but when I get home I can check the cab files if needed

GrailBH
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I love UBI's games when I can get them to work. However recently everytime I install something from UBI I get a cold knot in my stomach as I hit "play" for the first time, waiting for the other shoe to drop. This really needs to be addressed, everyone I know that bought the LE did so for the bonus levels.

Stealth-Sneak
04-06-2005, 11:50 AM
I Got 1 Quistion :
Where Is The Bonus Cd ?
I Got Only 1 DVD http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

jmj713
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm so GODDAMM pissed. I paid $54.99 for the Limited Edition, when I could've bought the regular one for $29.99.

THERE ARE *NO* BONUS LEVELS!!! They're mentioned but it's not possible to install them. There are no actual files on the DVD. I downloaded the three levels a while ago, when they were released exclusively in the UK only (another dumb move), so to make up for that, I decided to pay the premium price and actually legally own these three stupid levels. And what do I get for the support? NOTHING!

Stingray_80
04-06-2005, 01:49 PM
I can't get them to work either, I live in Canada but the version is the same as the US one i think, This blows as i also bought this for the extra levels (and the cool metal case) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but mostly for the levels and now they don't work, i searched everywhere for another SC patch but nothing!

If someone with the UK or outside the US/Canada version could somehow upload their patch onto a site for us to dl that would be great

or maybe UBI could get off their **** and make a patch to dl or refund our hard earned money!!

JMartin86
04-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, same here, I beleive that the extra levels are just for UK owners. Ubi decided to be dic*s and false advertise their product. Fix coop and give us the extra levels and I'll be happy. I might be more wary about purchasing Ubi stuff right away now, hate to say that, cause I love their games, but sometimes Ubi is a little flaky.

jmj713
04-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Of course, what UBI should do, is have a replacement program, where we in the US would mail in our defective bonus DVDs and they'll send us back the corrected versions, with the PROMISED and ADVERTIZED content! Free of charge, of course. Otherwise, I'll need my $54.99 back.

This is the email that I just sent to the Support Center:

"I preordered and received my Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Limited Edition. The only reason I went with this much more expensive version, was the promise of three bonus levels fom the original Splinter Cell. They were said to be self-playable. Upon receipt, however, I discovered that the installation files needed to run the levels are simply not present on the disc. There is mention of them on the DVD menu, and if you follow that menu, it details how to install these levels. But, I reiterate, they are not on the disc. I would like to receive a replacement DVD with the installation files for these levels included. Otherwise, I would like a full refund of the purchase. This is a clear case of false advertising on Ubisoft's part. The Splinter Cell series are some of my favorite games ever, and it's sad to see the quality of the product so tainted by such an inexplicable error."

I hope all of you that also bought the LE email them and demand a replacement!

kevin5171988
04-06-2005, 05:40 PM
I agree with jmj713

My friend bought the U.S version (Collectors Edition) soley for the purpose of the bonus 3 levels and now he can't get the bonus levels to work. He is extremly dissappointed at Ubisoft and is thinking about geting a refund.

travhall
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I absolutely agree with everybody. This is a disgusting display of loyalty from Ubi. I also sent a complaint to support demanding they resolve this ridiculous issue and get us these long awaited levels (in North America anyway). Many many people purchased the CE to receive them and if in the end they do not respond, screw 'em, they lost my business. DISGUSTING.

ericdrum
04-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I got a response from a support person on the 5th:

"We are expecting to receive a copy of the Collector's Edition Chaos Theory as early as tomorrow. You should expect to hear
something from me after I've had time to fool around with it and see for myself what it's doing.

Thanks for your patience,
Chris"

romeotech
04-07-2005, 11:09 PM
****, I got the same error upon installation. COME ON!! You gotta be kidding me with this?!

jmj713
04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Well I got a reply to my email today. Finally some good news, although this didn't need to happen, if the discs were quality-checked before going to replication!

Response (Chris) - 04/08/2005 12:12 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to send you an update on this problem. It turns out that there is
a bad patch installer on the bonus disk. There is no way to work around this
since it requires the patch to be installed in order to access the bonus maps.
Currently we are waiting to receive replacement copies of the bonus disk (with a
working patch installer) but have no ETA on when we might get them. I just
wanted to let you know what the problem turned out to be. Keep your receipt for
the game and I will be contacting you again when we receive our replacement
stock of the bonus disk so that we may send one to you.

Sorry for the troubles,
Chris

ckenda1
04-08-2005, 11:12 AM
i got the exact same email from Chris from the US UbiSoft Tech Support team. I believe he said I was the original one to report the problem. Hopefully we all can get our new discs soon. Atleast they recognize that this was a problem and are willing to do something about it.

rogerwilco99
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
From what I've seen (and I bought my LCE version at the same time as everyone else posting about it here) is that not only did not I not get an email from UBI Soft about this from their tech support, but I have gotten no response at all from their tech support. They are just ignoring me.

I will not spend another penny on UBI Soft games until they make this right. Basically they ripped me off. The videos on the bonus DVD are freely available on their website. The ONLY content promised on this DVD that you can't just download is the three levels for SC 1.

I hope the rest of you will consider how badly UBI has treated their customers over this when you think if buying some other title put out by UBI. I won't be buying any more of their games until I get what I paid for.

kvinnor
03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
is there enyways to get these files on the net so i can get em? theat sub all ones speak abote wasn't on ps2 like i thart!

St0rm_5had0w
03-10-2006, 02:49 PM
I have the US version of SC1, but the 1.3 patch wouldn't install for me because it said it was for european or something. I replaced my splintercell.exe file with the European version (http://files.filefront.com/Eurosplinterzip/;4867215;;/fileinfo.html) and presto patch installed. Then I installed the levels and played em no problem. Don't forget to back up your us 1.2b version of the exe so you can put it back after the levels are installed other wise you'll get the insert correct disc error message.

P.S. I got that bug where the doors close but they guys don't come in. I think it has to do with what way you come in. Make sure you follow the guy who uses the keypads through the doors. Don't go through the vent to get there. And make a save before you get to the keypad doors so you can try things differently if it happens again.

jzorro
03-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by kvinnor:
is there enyways to get these files on the net so i can get em? theat sub all ones speak abote wasn't on ps2 like i thart!
The bonus levels for SC1 were originally exclusive downloadable content for XBos Live users. They were released only for the PC in the Limited Collector's Edition of Chaos Theory and are not legally available for download. The US version has a problem with the installer and anyone who still has a copy that doesn't work needs to contact UBI support about how to get a corrected version. That is how I got mine. It requires the original game to be installed to play the bonus levels.