PDA

View Full Version : Altair in Mongolia/China

bakerrossera
05-26-2011, 07:36 PM
hey guys i was reading the gameinformer article about ACR and the part were it talks about the seals where ezio relives altair's memories got me thinking. In AC2 the codex mentioned at one point in his life altair and his two sons headed east towards china because they had heard rumors of Ghengis Khan and the mongol hordes and suspected the use of a POE. I was just wondering if in ACR one of the seals allows you to relive this memory or at least makes some mention of it. Also if you look up masyaf in wikipedia you'll notice that the mongols laid siege to masyaf in 1260 (as well as the fortress of Alamut which was a fortress held by the assassin's in real life). Perhaps we will also get to play through a sequence were altair has to defend the city from the Mongols (though altair would be pretty old in 1260). Not to mention on the masyaf wikipedia page it says that evidence suggests that the foundation of masyaf was of byzantine orgin...coincidence? What do you guys think?

kriegerdesgottes
05-26-2011, 08:11 PM
That would be cool but I doubt that it will happen. Who knows though.

ShaneO7K
05-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Did he not say on that same page that he would leave that to his sons?

AlphaAltair
05-27-2011, 05:18 AM
I'd like to see that, Altair would be 95 in 1260. I think we'll just get some linear flashbacks as Altair sadly.

ShaneO7K
05-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
I'd like to see that, Altair would be 95 in 1260. I think we'll just get some linear flashbacks as Altair sadly.

We were already told he is a playable character.

Pdavis3
05-27-2011, 10:16 AM
we won't be playing altair when he goes to china, i think it would be more likely if we played around after all the non-console games.

However if Ubisoft is doing co-op, which they probably are for this game or the next, then we could play as altair's sons traveling east.

NORTHBOERN1
05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
If they do there better be ninjas.

bakerrossera
05-27-2011, 01:28 PM
ninjas were in japan

Chamboozer
05-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Not to mention on the masyaf wikipedia page it says that evidence suggests that the foundation of masyaf was of byzantine orgin...coincidence?

I don't think that's really noteworthy, the Byzantines ruled that place for centuries.

Mutant524
05-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Not to mention on the masyaf wikipedia page it says that evidence suggests that the foundation of masyaf was of byzantine orgin...coincidence?

I don't think that's really noteworthy, the Byzantines ruled that place for centuries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Byzentine was an Empire from 330 to 1453 so it's easy to imagine they'd have built castles and stuff. It was just the Eastern part of the Roman Empire after all.