PDA

View Full Version : Will the AC series continue after 2012?

crash3
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
i love the AC series and it would be a shame to see it end so suddenly in 2012 which means we only have one more game after ACR

yes desmonds story is meant to end at 2012, but what if the series were to continue from the perspective of another assassin reliving memories of his ancestors? After all, the battle between assassins and templars is an on going thing, desmonds role is to find these temples that will stop the end of the end so he is saving the world. after 2012, it could be the assassins' mission to actually fight back against the templars and finally destroy them for good, freeing mankind from their oppression

i just feel there is so much to explore in terms of historical places and time periods and ubisoft would certainly be able to pull it off due to the brilliant storylines they come up with

i reckon the series can go on for at least another 5 games or so, especially since there is always loads to improve on after each game due to its potential

i mean look at the COD series, since COD4 the games have hardly changed and still they are going strong, the AC series would definitely be successful in continuing on after 2012 due to the ubisoft's ability to make huge improvements game to game

what do you think? do you want the series to continue after 2012?

Mr_Stunner
06-02-2011, 02:43 PM
After 2012 I would make a game (or two) about Subject 16 and another about Daniel Cross, that would be nice

Assassin_M
06-02-2011, 02:54 PM
please lets just focus on the task at hand which is revelations, and lets not jump to conclusions, we still have 2 more fresh games, lets just wait

kriegerdesgottes
06-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah I think after ACIII depending on how awesome the next ancestor will be because they might want to make side games for that ancestor too like Brotherhood/Revelations but after that they should just use another person in the animus and get new ancestors from different places.

superbalex
06-02-2011, 03:00 PM
1. ac ends with the world.. if the world really is ending in 2012.. then sure ac will end aswell.. otherwise.. the world wont end.. and neither will ac.. after desmond have saved the world he will prolly become a real assassin and be like his ancestors.. but from time to time he still needs to get an animus to hunt his memories for informations, while he's fighting back the templars.
if that doesnt happen.. well one can always have dreams xD

2. did you just compare AC to COD?

ThaWhistle
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes. Because its bad business to kill a cash cow. It might not be the main story arc though, it might be the start of a spin off.

crash3
06-02-2011, 07:14 PM
unless ubisft have got something mind-blowingly better than AC, i think the series should continue after 2012

id quite like to play as someone reliving the memories of those assassins seen as staties in the sanctuary at monterrigioni, all their backstories seemed so interesting and they all come from a variety of locations and time periods that would be so cool to explore

sfin1994
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Id like to see someone reliving the memories of a templar...

SpaceRazzer
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Even if there won't be any AC games after 2012, there could still be something that follows the same timeline + events.
But the story could be something totally different, same as the gameplay.
That way, Assassin's Creed fans as well as others can play those.
But yeah, why stop making AC games? :3
Only time will tell. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(btw: Something like the Portal & Half-Life series.)

ajl992008
06-04-2011, 08:10 AM
heres what i think, ac3 in 2012 will end the mian storyline regarding the world in danger form the sun or whatever it was, i cant remember, the ancestor desmond sees is form the french revolution as speculated at the end of brotherhood,after ac3 i would like a side game where desmond is finishing the remaining templars who are searching for something in england to help them in their cause and for some reason desmond needs to visit an ancestor in victorian london, he then takes care of the templars in london and thats theend of the desmond story, then we can hope to play other people entering the animus it different timelines and desmond can be a non playable character on the side helping the person in the animus.

crash3
06-05-2011, 10:23 AM
it would be pretty cool to play as the other subjects exploring their ancestors' memories. so far we only know that S16 is related to desmond so the other subjects will have different ancestors in different places

i would love a game set in england as there are so many historical periods within english history such as:

roman britain
darks ages (saxons/vikings)
1066 norman invasion
crusades/ richard the lionheart
100 years war between england and france
war of the roses
tudors
english civil war
industrial revolution