PDA

View Full Version : Get the Rankings Off

theeraserhe1979
09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Ubi says it will make it an even playing field by matching you with someone with the same rank. However, what if I play with friends of mine who may have played the game longer than me? It won't be a joy playing with my friends anymore. They might as well get rid of the friends feature if they want the ranking system implemented. Ubi still hasn't learnt anything from Letdown. Alot of my friends have already given up on GRAW as well.

Real720
09-21-2006, 10:15 PM
<span class="ev_code_red">[FLAME REMOVED]</span>

aedmon430
09-22-2006, 09:39 AM
<span class="ev_code_red">[FLAME REMOVED]</span>

wesd3fer
09-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by theeraserhe1979:
Ubi says it will make it an even playing field by matching you with someone with the same rank. However, what if I play with friends of mine who may have played the game longer than me? It won't be a joy playing with my friends anymore. They might as well get rid of the friends feature if they want the ranking system implemented. Ubi still hasn't learnt anything from Letdown. Alot of my friends have already given up on GRAW as well.

Yeah, I have also been wondering this too. How are you going to be able to play ranked games with friends if they are a lot higher than you, won't it throw off the whole "true skill" part of who you play against?

KYL3.
09-25-2006, 03:47 AM
Well if your new and don't want to play against better people then I don't know what to say.....You don't want a challenge? I think it will work fine it always worked on Halo 2.....so whats the big deal.

h.g.willetts
09-30-2006, 03:38 AM
you see that's called "team stacking" and you are not supposed to be able to do it in ranked matches. Hence why you can't join someones in-progress game when thry're in a ranked match.

Ranked matches should be forced into random teams so you have as much chance of playing against the good people in the room, as you do with them

If you want to get your clan together and play randoms who come into the room that's what player matches are for.

CrazySunDog
09-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I would like to see some form of the Elo system, similar to the one in RS3 and BA.

FreeFromCabbage
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by theeraserhe1979:

I lost faith in GRAW a while ago, but the dagger was the 1,200 pt cost for chapter 2, combined with the way it's implemented into the servers (they should have done it like bungie did with the halo maps, that way you're not forced to buy it. I spent hours trying to get into a game where the host did not require the ch. 2. that's all they play).

I also think that the way games have been setting up multiplayer matches has been more influenced by microsoft XBOX live that the developers. All 360 games seem to be doing this, and it's always been a hasle, I agree. I'd rather play against a few cheaters with my friends than the way it's set up now.