PDA

View Full Version : CTD on loading saved patrol

TheRedAngelz
07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Self explanatory title.

I had to shut computer down for the night, so I saved my patrol without heading to a harbor. Just to check if it worked, I tried loading it and got a CTD. Is there any way around this problem that doesn't involve starting a new career? I sank the Yamato and at least 10 carriers in that file, as well as managing to sneak in and out of Osaka harbor, sinking dozens of ships. I really don't want to lose that...

TheRedAngelz
07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Self explanatory title.

I had to shut computer down for the night, so I saved my patrol without heading to a harbor. Just to check if it worked, I tried loading it and got a CTD. Is there any way around this problem that doesn't involve starting a new career? I sank the Yamato and at least 10 carriers in that file, as well as managing to sneak in and out of Osaka harbor, sinking dozens of ships. I really don't want to lose that...

PStewart1969
07-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Samt thing has now happened to me. I cant load any saves from my careers at sea. This suddeny started this morning for no apparent reason. The only thing that works is loading from "autosavefromleaving base" thing.

I spent 5 hours of real time on the last tour. And its all lost now?

Yooperbacker
07-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Try going to this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/1381091756?r=1891058756#1891058756) and see if this may fix your saved files problem. It won't make it so you can still load the saved games you have but it should make it that future saves will work. Scroll up to the beginning of the thread and begin reading.
A few months ago someone was able to load a saved game that they couldn't load before by loading a save that worked and then loading the bad saved game while still in the game itself.