PDA

View Full Version : GR3 delayed again

Muhad
03-02-2006, 05:22 PM
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/ghostrecon3/

athenian
03-02-2006, 07:55 PM
May??????? WTF? Went from Feb to March to the end of March to May. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Yen Lo
03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by athenian:
May??????? WTF? Went from Feb to March to the end of March to May. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Did you get Sketchkov Syndicate yet? Its suppose to be in tomarrow at GS here.

SlipperyJim
03-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately I found the expansion pack disappointing. The maps seems to take an impossible amout of time to load (even longer than the original!).

The 7 new maps are nice but the new weapons are a big yawn. Not enough new things in the expansion pack to make it worth while.

The biggest thing I was eagerly awaiting was that suspects now will get back up and grab a gun if you don't cuff them quickly. However the idiots didn't make this happen frequent enough. I played 10 games the other night and the suspect only got back up once! If you are going to add a new feature make sure it shows up in the game more than once every few hours!!

As for GR3 it is going to be interesting to watch the reaction from people in this forum when it gets released. The game looks futuristic and console-ish. Everyone is saying how they can't wait but I think the game will feel more like Halo than GR1. I predict a lot of UBI hate from the same people crying for it to be released.

FI_FlimFlam
03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Well as long as the delay is worth it. I will definitely be checking out the demo BEFORE purchasing. I am in agreement with you that there is going to be a more sci-fi feel to the game than GR1. I am willing to roll with it however if the gameplay is good and they don't ever-tech the player interface/HUD. I don't want to feel like I'm in a space-flight sim with all the activity from the HUD it self. But like I said, I'm looking forward to the demo to see what it's going to be like.

Off topic but in response to Slippery Jim:
The expansion for SWAT4 is nice so far. I've logged in about 6 hours with it. I actually find the perps getting up all the time. When I was testing our COOP server solo, I had to really time my handcuffing if there were multiple perps in the room so the one I wasn't handcuffing wouldn't get up and put a few rounds in me. If you left the room or went too far to check a corner, the perp will get up and either shoot you or run off. I had to search the whole bottom level for one I missed that had jumped up and ran. Regardless, I thought it was ALOT better than then original.

Also the Team AI seems to be a bit improved. They seem alot more willing to use the LTL weapons rather than just yell and wait to be shot. It seems much more improved on that front. All in all So far I have enjoyed it alot.

SlipperyJim
03-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, I guess most of my suspects were wimps, lol. Hopefully they will start getting more aggressive and get up more.

I found playing multiplayer a frustrating experience. The ridiculously long load times broke up the fun of gaming online with friends.

Several us have found that they did not fix the problem with the game stuttering when gunfire takes place. As soon as the enemy AI starts firing the game pauses slightly. This does not happen on any other Unreal based game that I have. I greatly suspect it is a problem with their ballistic calculation or graphic effects.

Single player is still very enjoyable despite that the officer AI can be really annoying at points. Why on earth can't they throw the flashbang grenade further than 2 feet into the room and always blind me!

sx_amazing
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by SlipperyJim:
Unfortunately I found the expansion pack disappointing. The maps seems to take an impossible amout of time to load (even longer than the original!).

The 7 new maps are nice but the new weapons are a big yawn. Not enough new things in the expansion pack to make it worth while.

The biggest thing I was eagerly awaiting was that suspects now will get back up and grab a gun if you don't cuff them quickly. However the idiots didn't make this happen frequent enough. I played 10 games the other night and the suspect only got back up once! If you are going to add a new feature make sure it shows up in the game more than once every few hours!!

As for GR3 it is going to be interesting to watch the reaction from people in this forum when it gets released. The game looks futuristic and console-ish. Everyone is saying how they can't wait but I think the game will feel more like Halo than GR1. I predict a lot of UBI hate from the same people crying for it to be released.

I am afraid that you are right about GRAW. I have seen many trailers on this game and it does look similar to Halo's style of gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised how consolish it could be. However, not all console games are bad so this may be the one that the community may accept as opposed to LockDown.

Defuser
03-02-2006, 09:46 PM
The only trailers that have been released for GRAW thus far are for the console versions. Bear in mind that although the games share the same storyline and some art and sound resources, the console versions of GRAW are developed by seperate teams. The PC version, for example, is on its own proprietory engine. When you realise they share very little (such as the fact that even all the animations have been redone for the PC version), then you'll know that you cannot rely on the videos released for the console versions.

What would be useful, however, is a number of videos detailing gameplay in the PC versions. For whatever reason, good or bad, we have none. This is frustrating a great many people, however we have been reliably told that a demo is on it's way, so hopefully we'll be able to judge in more depth from that.

SODsniper
03-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Speaking of GR:AW....

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2791043913/m/7661069714

Notice how everyone is so happy. A word from the Developer that gives no information really. But the people are ecstatic. They don't slam him or disrespect him. Matter of fact, the respect him for posting.

A lesson should be learned here. People just want acknowledgement that someone cares. It's not hard to give that to the community.

deosl
03-03-2006, 04:57 AM
To Bo's defence no one is forcing him to post on ghostrecon.net. And he is not incharge of the press or media releases, that's Ubi's job as the publisher.

The producer has already made an official statement to the public about the delay on ghostrecon.com/us
But I do respect Bo for communicating with the fans directly on ghostrecon.net. Not many devs. would do this.

Cya in GRAW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

DthDealer71
03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
As rare as it happen's I am glad it happened. Now if they would do that with LD, like say we know there is problems and we are rushing to fix them it would save them alot of fans.

If I were a game developer I would have people on there taking polls of what the fans want, and give it to them.

Amazing the response would be, of course there will always be negative responder's, but heck it's better than being silent.

DD

SODsniper
03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I have asked in the past for reasons why UBI would choose not to answer or address these posts.

It just occurred to me that I may know the answer to my own question.

In the USAF we always had a policy regarding "Hot Cargo" (Nuclear Weapons). The USAF's statment regarding nukes is ALWAYS the same.

"We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of nuclear weapons."

In the army, we also had a similiar policy.

Looking at this issue from UBI's perspective, it MIGHT be that they have a policy NOT to address ANY questions. This way, no information can be discerned from the silence. If UBI answers this, but doesn't answer that then it is possible that something could be discerned about that from the fact that UBI doesn't answer it.

Hence, their policy is they will never address ANYTHING.

This is *complete* supposition and speculation on my part, but it does fit the facts. It explains why UBI will not address very simple issues like "Will there be a patch?".

Of course, I beleive that to be a completely WRONG strategy to follow. But I am not in charge.

It might be explain why UBI is the way UBI is with regards to communications. I guess some small comfort can be taken in this.

DthDealer71
03-03-2006, 10:42 AM
I say sell the series to Valve and let them support it through Steam.

Maybe thats why thousands love HL2, I know I do.

Well who knows, until ppl stop buying there products nothing will change.

Of course I still stick to the opinion that UBI is MORE interested in Console than PC.

And that gap will be getting wider and wider.

DD

SODsniper
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DthDealer71:

Of course I still stick to the opinion that UBI is MORE interested in Console than PC.
DD

I doubt you would get much argument on this, even from UBI people.

But there will come a time and it will be quite soon, where UBI will have to piddle or get off the pot. They are going to have to declare themselves one way or another.

The ideal choice for us, the PC community is for UBI to either branch off a section of UBI for PC development or create a new company who's sole purpose is PC Game development. I think this would also be a wise business decision for UBI. While it is true that Console games are MORE profitable, there IS money to be made in PC games for a company that wants to make money.

Druac
03-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by SODsniper:
Speaking of GR:AW....

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2791043913/m/7661069714

Notice how everyone is so happy. A word from the Developer that gives no information really. But the people are ecstatic. They don't slam him or disrespect him. Matter of fact, the respect him for posting.

A lesson should be learned here. People just want acknowledgement that someone cares. It's not hard to give that to the community.

Amen... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Druac
03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by SODsniper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DthDealer71:

DD

I doubt you would get much argument on this, even from UBI people.

But there will come a time and it will be quite soon, where UBI will have to piddle or get off the pot. They are going to have to declare themselves one way or another.

The ideal choice for us, the PC community is for UBI to either branch off a section of UBI for PC development or create a new company who's sole purpose is PC Game development. I think this would also be a wise business decision for UBI. While it is true that Console games are MORE profitable, there IS money to be made in PC games for a company that wants to make money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True indeed. If they would just listen to what the PC 'tactical shooter' fans want and make it, they would make plenty of money to justify it. Wasn't the original R6 an example of this? Not to mention the expansions and sequels that followed? Even RvS!

DthDealer71
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Indeed it was, and the result was great.

DD

Arachnophobia
03-03-2006, 02:13 PM
whats so funny is that I was delusioned and thought Lockdown would be at least a decent game and more fun online if there was good developer support with patches, updates, news on whats going on. Im an idiot. It never happened and will never happen as long as UBI/Redstorm is in charge.

After my depression of buying this game for 50 bux, I decided to give Counter Strike source which I always heard about so much before but never played, a try. Downloaded it for $19.99 and having 100 times more fun with it. Its fast paced and takes alot of quick reflexes, but its a fun game with some of the best support from its developers at Valve.

Valve is small compared to Ubi, but "independent" developers/publishers like Valve are what makes online gaming on PC so great. Steam service is great, you automatically get updates(which there have been alot of) when starting it up. Support like this is why Counter Strike source is the most played FPS online game in the world.

Ubi should get a clue and make good games with actual working online support and updating their community which they just dont do.

DthDealer71
03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
And you are exactly 100% right, a game that is close to, or older than a decade can out do LD without breaking a sweat.

Though LD graphics may look better and they do, it's the support that drives ppl to play it.

And when they release the new CS based off the HL2 engine "Or whatever", it will be massively popular, much like HL2 is today which is my favorite game out there.

Well only time will tell.

DD

Vert22110
03-03-2006, 03:58 PM
As for GRAW, bring on the delays. I hope, after the results of LD, Ubisoft learned something. I HOPE, the delay will give them time to take the PC crowd into more consideration.

Now, as far as communication goes, I would direct everyone to VALVe. No other big game developer has such dedication to forums and communication, than VALVe. It is simply fact. They listen to what people say, and the resulting patches/updates reflect that. There is no way that CS 1.6 would still be hosting 7,000+ servers daily, more servers than the big-hits, even BF2, if they didn't listen to their customers.

sx_amazing
03-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I utterly agree. Although, I am not a big fan of CS: Source and DoD: Source I respect Valve for always lending their ears and providing support 24/7 to their customers. I do own both CS and DoD source and always appreciate every time I log on steam to see news of upcoming hits or updates. That said, they always have time to bring something new to their community like new maps and improved graphics.