PDA

View Full Version : PC Version, No Graphics. I want my money back!

Guzo58
05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi All,

Before the flames start, know that I've looked through the topics and obviously this game, besides the xbox 360 version, has serious problems. BUT, I game on PC exclusively, and recently got my new rig up and running (stats below, I've been in the IT field for over 10yrs, so I know how to build my own systems and configure for optimal performance.), bought RSLV2 and Crysis last night. Installed both, Crysis runs very nicely, but RSLV2 COMPLETELY SUX! I can't even play it. The graphics in player menu (outfitting, appearance, etc.) and in game are basically non existent. Starting the game, I cant even see where to go unless I look down and the graphics kinda straighten out, but if i look straight ahead, all the graphics turn black from neck level down, absolutely ridiculous!! So, of course I go looking for a patch, nothing. Come in here to see what everyone is talking about and realize that this game is complete garbage for the PC. From what I've read and lack of being able to find any sort of help to address my issue, I feel I've been ripped off and I want UBISoft to refund my money. Best Buy sure in the hell isn't going to give me my money back for opened software. If any moderators are reading this, I want to know what I can do get compensated for this game that UBISoft released and wasn't even close to be a working title. In my mind, thats fraud!!

Guzo58
05-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Forgot to add my specs:

Windows Vista 32 Business
Intel Dual Core 3ghz
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus mobo
WD SATA 500gb HD
2GB Corsair 800mhz RAM
8800GTX 768MB NVIDIA
NVIDIA 7.1 Sound

Guzo58
05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
BUMP!!!!

meivj00
05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Thought of another videodriver? Uninstall the currently in use, reboot,install new,reboot? If everything else, wich even demands more of your system it doesnt sound hardware related. Can you eventually change settings in de extra menu?
Not that your card wouldnt be good enough, but just too look if minimam settings are working fine..too rule out some setting wich can conflict http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Want2Snipe
05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't know anything about Vista so I am only going to ask this:

What kind of monitor are you using? If a Widescreen, make sure to check V-Sync ON and if your Video Res is 16:10, make sure you set it correctly. Also, how old are you drivers (sound and video?), you may have to revert to older drivers if you are running Beta ones (check the part about optimizations below)

This game being a very bad console port doesn't support many of the good PC hardware out there since it was not optimized for PC.

As far as getting your money back effortless, if you were smart enough to have paid the game with your Credit Card, call them up, explain the situation, point them to these forums and let them handle the situation with Best Buy. If paid in cash... good luck trying to get your money back from Ubisoft or getting one of the admins/mods to help you.

Guzo58
05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah, I dont expect to get compensated, but needed to vent. I played the xbox version with some friends of mine and it rocked, couldnt wait to get the pc version and ended up with this ****.

I haven't tried any other drivers, shouldn't have to, but I have the latest drivers for all my equipment and crysis & Lost Planet (<--Free with vid card) run smoothly so I don't want to jump around with drivers trying to get one game to function. I'll simply shelve it until UBICrap decides to do something about fixing the pc version in its entirety, if that ever happens.

Do either of you play the pc version? If so, what is the online gaming as good as the xbox 360?

again, thanks for the info.

btw, no i didnt have a widescreen monitor, but i will tonight, it just came in my UPS shipment here at work. I'll play with the game a little more tonight, but if it fails without changing drivers, its going to the shelf and I will make sure anyone I know doesn't buy it. Sad for UBISoft, word of mouth advertising is the best around. Shame!