PDA

View Full Version : MY MOH:PA Preview.

KU_
09-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Since VPC is busy remodeling the site, I thought I would let you be the first to read my MOH:PA preview! Enjoy!

Round up soldiers! Your camp has just been attacked! That€s right, once again EA has made another war game reflecting WWII. You get thrown right into action. Grab your gear soldier, this not a drill! Read on for further mission info.

You play the role of Marine Tommy Conlin. After surviving the devastating attack of Pearl Harbor, you join the Allied forces to take down the Japanese empire. You will endure a punishing 35 levels of a single player campaign. Battle relent less enemies as a struggle for freedom. But do not worry, for your squad will come along with you. You can give orders as you fight your way through vast environments.

When shooting €œbaddies€ through all 35 levels, you will notice a few things that differ from other MOH games. Mainly you will notice a graphical increase. The animator that had the lead role was in the business for 20 years when EA called him up. Also you may take note that a new physics engine has been implemented. Character animations are better than ever. Soldiers that get hurt, will show more €œware€ as the game progresses.

You will also notice two key elements implemented into this game. One, it is the first Medal of Honor €œSquad based shooter€. And two, the enemies are not scripted. Meaning they will also give orders according to what is happening. Here€s the commands in more detail. You can order your squad to give €œsuppression fire€, advance, fall back, or form up. You will take notice that there will be no medic kits or canteen. If a squad member is hit, you will need to call for a medic.

Another, is if you rely on cover too much, you will fail. Cover will take damage and you will find yourself in the open. The same is for your enemy. When your enemies squad is eliminated and all but one enemy is left, he will do a €œBanzai Charge€. Meaning he will do an all out attempt to kill you. Death is meaningless to your enemy. They will die with honor.

Enemies will attempt to take out the source of what are killing their comrades. For example, if you are shooting planes they will lock onto you and try to take you down. Be careful though, debris from planes and what not can harm you. If you get hit and need assistance, call in a medic.

After all, this game is focusing on much more action, and strategy than previous titles. EA said that the arcade feel is over. It seems if you are really in a war. Squad mates will also call out real time orders. For example, if you are getting shot at, your squad mates will actually call out in real time €œTommy get on that gun!€

Ok, so getting orders from squad mates is not your thing? Don€t worry. You can actually run ahead of your squad. This means you can play the game at your own pace. If you think your squad is taking too long, then simply run ahead of them. But be careful, because you will encounter enemies that out number you. Like they say, better safe than sorry. And trust us, you will want to be safe.

We say this for a few reasons. For example, enemy squads will also use tactics you are using. Another example, is if your squad is staying behind good cover, the enemy will try to flank you. It could get€s as advanced as, one enemy squad will give cover fire, while another flanks you. Choose your tactics carefully, enemies can strike from any direction. As we said, this is after all a tactical squad based shooter.

Also, this time around you can stray from what seemed to be a direct path of the mission and you completing it. For example, you can journey off trail and find an enemy camp containing plans of some sort that will help you on your journey to accomplish you main goal. EA wanted to make this game less linear and more open to the player. It gives it a feel of a more warfare experience. If they succeed they may have a very strong game on their hands.

Ok, so let€s sum everything up. Here is what Medal of Honor Pacific Assault has to offer for this new game. New AI, and detailed environments. New physics engine, and no more medical kits or canteens. Another new feature is the most notable of all, the power to command your squad. This is what WWII games are all about. How will this game compare to other great World War II games? Find in November with our full detailed review. Expect this to be a great hit.

KU_
09-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Since VPC is busy remodeling the site, I thought I would let you be the first to read my MOH:PA preview! Enjoy!

Round up soldiers! Your camp has just been attacked! That€s right, once again EA has made another war game reflecting WWII. You get thrown right into action. Grab your gear soldier, this not a drill! Read on for further mission info.

You play the role of Marine Tommy Conlin. After surviving the devastating attack of Pearl Harbor, you join the Allied forces to take down the Japanese empire. You will endure a punishing 35 levels of a single player campaign. Battle relent less enemies as a struggle for freedom. But do not worry, for your squad will come along with you. You can give orders as you fight your way through vast environments.

When shooting €œbaddies€ through all 35 levels, you will notice a few things that differ from other MOH games. Mainly you will notice a graphical increase. The animator that had the lead role was in the business for 20 years when EA called him up. Also you may take note that a new physics engine has been implemented. Character animations are better than ever. Soldiers that get hurt, will show more €œware€ as the game progresses.

You will also notice two key elements implemented into this game. One, it is the first Medal of Honor €œSquad based shooter€. And two, the enemies are not scripted. Meaning they will also give orders according to what is happening. Here€s the commands in more detail. You can order your squad to give €œsuppression fire€, advance, fall back, or form up. You will take notice that there will be no medic kits or canteen. If a squad member is hit, you will need to call for a medic.

Another, is if you rely on cover too much, you will fail. Cover will take damage and you will find yourself in the open. The same is for your enemy. When your enemies squad is eliminated and all but one enemy is left, he will do a €œBanzai Charge€. Meaning he will do an all out attempt to kill you. Death is meaningless to your enemy. They will die with honor.

Enemies will attempt to take out the source of what are killing their comrades. For example, if you are shooting planes they will lock onto you and try to take you down. Be careful though, debris from planes and what not can harm you. If you get hit and need assistance, call in a medic.

After all, this game is focusing on much more action, and strategy than previous titles. EA said that the arcade feel is over. It seems if you are really in a war. Squad mates will also call out real time orders. For example, if you are getting shot at, your squad mates will actually call out in real time €œTommy get on that gun!€

Ok, so getting orders from squad mates is not your thing? Don€t worry. You can actually run ahead of your squad. This means you can play the game at your own pace. If you think your squad is taking too long, then simply run ahead of them. But be careful, because you will encounter enemies that out number you. Like they say, better safe than sorry. And trust us, you will want to be safe.

We say this for a few reasons. For example, enemy squads will also use tactics you are using. Another example, is if your squad is staying behind good cover, the enemy will try to flank you. It could get€s as advanced as, one enemy squad will give cover fire, while another flanks you. Choose your tactics carefully, enemies can strike from any direction. As we said, this is after all a tactical squad based shooter.

Also, this time around you can stray from what seemed to be a direct path of the mission and you completing it. For example, you can journey off trail and find an enemy camp containing plans of some sort that will help you on your journey to accomplish you main goal. EA wanted to make this game less linear and more open to the player. It gives it a feel of a more warfare experience. If they succeed they may have a very strong game on their hands.

Ok, so let€s sum everything up. Here is what Medal of Honor Pacific Assault has to offer for this new game. New AI, and detailed environments. New physics engine, and no more medical kits or canteens. Another new feature is the most notable of all, the power to command your squad. This is what WWII games are all about. How will this game compare to other great World War II games? Find in November with our full detailed review. Expect this to be a great hit.

KU_
09-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Comments are welcome!

njcl
09-29-2004, 04:13 PM
nice preview ku,i liked mohaa more than i liked cod,dunno it just played better and i thought when mohaa game you a few teamates it really shone,dont know if ill buy it as fighting japs is not as immersive to me as fighting germans,i say this as hd2 has 2 fight japs missions and i didnt enjoy them more than fighting nazis...

vpc410
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Ya, I know. I've been spending the last month reorganizing the whole site. Within the next month I should be finished and all the old reviews and articles should be back up with some new additions to the site. Right now I also have 6 brand new PC games that were released in the past 2 weeks sitting on my desk that I need to start reviewing. Add to that a 30 hour/week work schedule and being a full time college student makes me a pretty busy man. That's why I'm usually not here too much.