PDA

View Full Version : What we know 4 sure about SCDA...

token32
07-31-2006, 06:35 PM
I was just thinking while I was out of town this weekend that it would be great to have a thread w/ ppl posting what we KNOW 4 SURE about scda. Ex: gadgets and how they work, maps, new features, new moves, anything and everything, etc. So because I only read what every1 argues about I don't really know 4 sure whats definite and whats not. This thread is not 4 ppl to argue over anything or to disagree, this thread is for facts etc...I will start.

1) I know that unfortuantely SCDA has been delayed...again...geeeesh

token32
07-31-2006, 06:35 PM
I was just thinking while I was out of town this weekend that it would be great to have a thread w/ ppl posting what we KNOW 4 SURE about scda. Ex: gadgets and how they work, maps, new features, new moves, anything and everything, etc. So because I only read what every1 argues about I don't really know 4 sure whats definite and whats not. This thread is not 4 ppl to argue over anything or to disagree, this thread is for facts etc...I will start.

1) I know that unfortuantely SCDA has been delayed...again...geeeesh

Wanted_David
07-31-2006, 06:43 PM
ok. i know one thing and it's official: no double agent till october...http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Chrisv1
07-31-2006, 06:48 PM
1) Tazer guns are GONE.
2) Mines and Spy Traps are GONE.
3) The Proxy Detector tells where the spy is if he is close no matter what. And has a range meter.
4) Stealth is GONE.

Xand-Man
07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisv1:
4) Stealth is GONE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any proof?
i believe he said things we know for sure

psyichic
07-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Called proxy detector and Perma MT= stealth dead. DOesn't work when mercs have ESP. Next thing they need is psychokenisis to prevent those spies from running.

Xand-Man
07-31-2006, 07:16 PM
now i don't know for sure, but i don't think it'll kill stealth, there must be ways to work around it if you're good enough.

Ninja343
07-31-2006, 07:16 PM
It was confirmed that the PD is a gadget, but if anyone has any proof that states other wise, please inform me, with the quote. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SmexMachine
07-31-2006, 07:20 PM
---Single Player---
-Sam becomes an NOC Agent (Non-Offical Cover)
-While he is on a Mission in iceland lambert pulls him out, because the JBA steals some dangerous red mercury, and his daughter has been killed by a drunk driver
-Lambert sets a background that Sam has pulled of several bank roberies, and Sam is put in the Ellsworth Pennetentary Lambert pulls some strings to get Sam in the same cell with Jamie Washington, A senior JBA member, Sam kills/K.O. A prisoner and starts a riot. Sam And Jamie see their chance to escape. They do
-There are Dual objectives for every mission one for the JBA i.e. Kill this guy, and one for the NSA i.e. Don't kill the same guy...this brings up the moral choice thing...
-if you do the NSA objective you get More high-tech weapons. If you do the JBA objectives you get less high-tech weapon but equally as potent, and more access to their free-roam HQ.
-Directed Moments which let you live out the cutscenes.
---Versus---
-Both teams move extremely fast...o.0
-Not many people are too happry about the Proxy Detector...Different topic though.
-spies have no Shock gun
-they can only have one gadget at a time and have to return to the spawn to take a diffeent one.
-The hacking tool is the best gadget ever(not a gaqdget is permenently on the spy) it can blow out windos and lights and mess up the merc's tracking gear i.e. PROXY DETECTOR white line thing, etc.
-mercs get a drone which is like a flying grenade...
-they also get a new finishing move a headbut type thing.

well there is more im sure i may post something else later.
-

Ninja343
07-31-2006, 07:21 PM
We don't know if PD is in DM. We know it's in Team Hack, wich is the only confirmed gametype for the 360. There is actually no info for DM, so we can't say that stealth is gone... yet. It's 3v3 with a los of gadgets, and a known couple of new features: PD, MT, Scrambler, Wrist Hacky thingy, and Drones for spy, and merc. There is stil neck grabs, and Merc has unlimeted ammo.

Ninja343
07-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Merc has a reppel feature.

(just adding them as I remember. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ninja343
07-31-2006, 07:25 PM
There is a 99% chance the game is going to be awsome! For vets, and newbs alike. The 1% is if the put PD in DM, or dont have DM at all.

DualX2
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
I'll put down all of the information I have gathered from all of the videos from Spies vs Mercenaries.

Spies

The game now has an improved 3D radar. The white arrow being you, and the four different colors representing the Spies objectives. This should make it much easier when calling out positions, and locating your team mates.

You can only grab one gadget at a time. According to the videos, the Spies can pick from Smoke grenades, "Flare" (which is flash grenades), Scrambler, and Health Needles.

The ghost figures found throughout every map for the Spy is Ubi's new way of showing you where you can go. Like sliding down a zip line. This could very well come in handy during a real game showing off a ledge you can jump up to avoid being spotted or escape while being chased down in a map you haven't played before.

The Spy slides fast down the zipline not only is it much faster than the previous Spies, but is apparently so fast that you can see smoke and small sparks coming off of his hands. The rope itself seems to actually be pulled down realistically by the Spies weight.

They are reverting back to black & white night vision. It seems that they are making it look more similar to that of Sam's nightvision in the Singleplayer version of Chaos Theory.

The Spies are now equipped with a new tool, a wi-fi hacking device. If you can see the terminal, you can hack it. The thing is that the further away from the terminal you are, the longer it takes to hack. When using this device, the camera zooms in to your characters right shoulder; almost like using the Shocker Gun in previous games. While hacking, you will be auto-locked onto the terminal as opposed to aiming yourself so you can move around. The hacking progress will be shown on the small screen on your arm, and in the upper right hand corner next to your name. You will also be able to look around while doing so. If you look closely in the videos, you can see that his left hand is on his chest (probably holding onto his radio communicator) when he says "The blue terminal is being attacked." When a Spy dies, the progress of his download will go back to 0, even if they Spy has downloaded it fully.

Once you finish hacking a terminal, blue light fills the room for a split second. A very interesting way of showing that you are done with that objective.

The Spies will now be able to literately break lights on the fly with a touch of their hacking device. It can also be used to bust windows, open locks, and hack the Mercenaries themselves. It has yet to be determine if you can hack the Spy Drone.

The running roll has also seem to have been upgraded. Now Spies can use the ability to quickly jump over railings and go back into running without a pause.

One of the new features, that I'm definitely going to look foward to, is the escape moves. The Spy can now slide under small openings to easily evade Mercenary pursuit. The screen gets blurry when busting through the glass. Another escape move involves pulling yourself upward onto the ledge above, but not in the same direction as normal. Very useful.

When the Mercenary is close enough, the Spies can hear is the Proximity Detector. This should give them knowledge on when to run, or setup a trap.

The Ledge Grab is back. =)

DualX2
07-31-2006, 07:27 PM
I'll make this a seperate post since these are fairly long.

Upsilon

First and foremost, you will notice the white outline of a Spy. This is the new form of Motion Tracking. It is always on, but it has it's limitations. This can only pick up a Spy if he is running, even when the Spy is moving at full speed when crouched, it will not pick up the Spy. It also makes an interesting sound whenever it detects a Spy.

You will also notice that the Mercenary has the same type of radar as the Spies, but with something new. It looks like an upside down Yield sign with what might be an exclaimation point in the middle. Unsure of what this is.

The Proximity Sensor, located directly below the cross-hairs, is the new substitute from the sound detection we had in the previous games. The smaller the ring is (as well as how fast it is beeping), the closer the Spy.

Remember how small of an area you had with the flashlight before? This flashlight upgrade not only has a wider area, but it can also view stuff much further away than before.

In the upper right hand corner, you can see the name(s) of whomever you are fighting against as well as how much of an objective they have hacked shown in the bar just below their name. The square next to the name is to show hacking in progress whenever it animates. Pretty cool little animation I might add.

Just like in the previous games, you can see the objectives just by looking in that direction. But, this time they will be shown in colors instead of different shaped icons. This is because all objectives are basically the same; the Spy downloads the information from the terminal, and then takes the downloaded information safely back to their spawn.

The icon below the Spies' name show how many objectives have been completed. The icon just above the health bar show what gadget you have, and how many times you can use it.

Whenever you shoot a Spy, their name will turn red to confirm that they have been hit. It also turns red with a red skull in the box next to it whenever you kill a Spy.

There are three dots just below the cross-hairs. Those represent how many grenades you have.

The EMF vision will now function fully when those bars on the side are all the way to the top. In order to raise the bars, you have to stand still otherwise your view distance will be limited. Whenever you look around, everything which appears white will look like a blur.

Whenever the Spy is hacking a terminal, it will tell you in the lower left hand corner. "An objective is under attack! Go and find the intruder and eliminate him before he downloads."

"System malfunction" is what you will see whenever a Spy hacks you. About two seconds after that message comes up, the Proximity Detector disappears as well as the rest of his hud. It also messes up his flashlight causing it to turn on/off constantly.

The Spy Drone can go through vents and tight spaces where Mercs don't normally have access to, and it also comes with it's own lights. Even though it can fly around anywhere, it can only travel a certain distance away from the user. It lets you know your distance for a good reason, the travel too far it will explode automatically. It goes from OK - Danger - Critical range until it starts a countdown from 3 to 0. I guess I don't really have to explain what the A button does except for the fact that it can kill whomever is near it when it explodes. The bars in the upper part of the screen indicate how far away it is from the user.

The head-butt is the new Humiliation move after striking down a Spy. They really love their new blur effects, as do I. =)

The red light on your gun is there to tell you that you need to reload. Also, Mercenaries have unlimited ammo.

Instead of how much power that will be used to launch the grenade, they are now using the same system for when Sam grabs an object and is about to throw it. You will be able to see where the grenade is going to land before it gets there.

Press A to begin repelling to the lower floor when next to railings. It's fast.

The smoke grenade doesn't seem to choke the Merc, but does slow him down.

Ninja343
07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

braiog
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Close DualX2!

If you titled the first entry "Spies" and the second "Upsilon" then you should have either titled the first "Shadownet" or the second "Mercenaries" But good writeups nonetheless http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, Ubi's not getting rid of CT gear! They're just combining it! The drone? Frag + Camnet! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DualX2
07-31-2006, 07:49 PM
True, just typing fast. It didn't really occur to me since I thought you guys knew what I was talking about.

Thanks for the comments though. =P

braiog
07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
We're just joshing ya. Making sure you ain't no SvU fanboy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DEATH TO THE SvU FANBOYS!!!

DualX2
07-31-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm just a simple fan of the Splinter Cell series. I've been playing all parts of each game, and enjoy them equally. This game will be no different. Especially since this game will be open to more people than before which (hopefully) means there won't be a lack of games to play in online.

token32
07-31-2006, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DualX2:
I'll make this a seperate post since these are fairly long.

Upsilon

The smoke grenade doesn't seem to choke the Merc, but does slow him down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is there a gas mask and does the merc eventually pass out from smoke or what happens if he gets caught in the smoke for too long? Way to keep this a civilized thread ppl most appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

braiog
07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
I kinda can't see there being a gasmask, simply cause I can't picture a mask goin over that Merc Visor. But, you never know it seems.

Ninja343
07-31-2006, 08:22 PM
He keeps a wet rag over his mouth. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

token32
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Could u guys start posting all the vids that are available? No repeat vids, plz, t u. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

psyichic
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I beleive that the PD has been confirmed to NOT be a gadget.

Nice post up DualX2.

EDIT: My bad some misinformation. Grenades are NOT a gadgets everyone does get them and as DualX2 has said they are the little items on your aiming recitle.

TO confirm PD is not a gadget: during the 1UP video thesse is the scene with the mercenary drone. This drone is a gadget as we can all see it is denoted by the 2 small bars in the lower right shich is the number of drones. During this scene the PD is going off and the merc is firing grenades all at the same time while he has drones.

Thus Grenades are not a gadget and PD is not a gadget.

token32
08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Do u have a link with that?

Josh596
08-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Here something to think about. I saw on target that it was being released on the 4th quarter while the rest are being released on 3rd quarter to boost sales.

braiog
08-02-2006, 09:35 AM
I wonder if Mercs get infinite Frags (I really hope not!) Unlimited ammo was bad enough. People will spray n pray like an Uzi. If you're gonna do unlimited Frags, give him 3-4 at a time, and force him to go back to a gadget box (away from all objectives) to reload (a gadget box that is accessible by Spies, so they can get a snap when he's refilling)

RowdySpy1990
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
I thought the dots under the redicule showed how many frags they got left, or was that just assumption.

DualX2
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
They are. That's what I have on my list...

And it may be possible for the Mercenaries to reload frags and such since I've seen a mark on the radar (as well as him getting close to it) which hasn't been identified. It seems to lead into the back of a truck in the map shown.

token32
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josh596:
Here something to think about. I saw on target that it was being released on the 4th quarter while the rest are being released on 3rd quarter to boost sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For starters I only buy my games from gamers. I'm not worried bout the 6 cents walmart can save me on games, it never measures up to being able to talk and discuss all types of gaming related things w/ other gamers. Wooooohoooo my 101st post (I meant to catch it at 100 but wasn't paying attention) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif . Anyway is it possible to start having a group of links put together showing the different things we know/have learned thus far? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Fiendish_Dude
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
You guys have no idea what stealth is do you? It doesn't have to be pitch black to have stealth. Besides Kinsasha was an assult mission like Seoul from CT. And the guy who played that demo we all saw wasn't playing stealthy all the time so he could show all DA had to offer in shooting, sneaking, knifing, etc. Trust me, you're all gonna love this game so much it will be impossible to stop. The guys aren't gonna show TOTAL stealth in their demo because action appeals to newbies and stealth appeals to fans. They know the fans will buy, so they are looking for more customers. Also the CT demo movie was played the same way.

psyichic
08-03-2006, 01:12 PM
3 things Fiendish dude

1) The CT demo movie showcased acted out scenes. The DA movie was all in-game footage of people playing.

2) The people who played the demo were indeed fans. We know that one of them played CT and that another was Rhoulette who is a well known SvM CT player and is the Forum manager. And the problem was not that they didn't show stealth is was that indeed many of these things were attempts at stealth that just turned out to be crazy chases regardless.

3) You want compeltely off the beaten path to just voice something that is not useful in this thread.

Oops and

4) You know nothing if SvM in that case because you said "shooting, sneaking, knifing" First off we have seen the shooting to its extent. Mercs popping rounds at a spy. Spies DONT HAVE GUNS! We actually did see spies sneaking around and then being found. what more is there to sneaking tryuly in this game then moving close to mercs and getting past them. And Knifing. Uhmmm THERE ARE NO KNIFES IN THE GAME!