PDA

View Full Version : LOOONG startup

gmartell
06-02-2005, 07:03 AM
when chaos theory laods on my xbox do I need to sit through that startup video EVERY time! It's ridiculous....
The game has finished loading and then I have to watch a 45 second video every time?????

gmartell
06-02-2005, 07:03 AM
when chaos theory laods on my xbox do I need to sit through that startup video EVERY time! It's ridiculous....
The game has finished loading and then I have to watch a 45 second video every time?????

ATJaguarX
06-02-2005, 07:14 AM
80% of the time, I have to sit through the video. Everyone once in awhile, I don't have to. I'm not sure what it is. I usually keep hitting "start" or the "a" button... and eventually, it takes me out of the video. I haven't had to watch the entire video... but yeah... a good 45-60 seconds of it.

MentalMars
06-02-2005, 07:27 AM
if you play the game for the first time you have to watch the long intro video.
when you play the game for the second time you dont have to wait that long becase you can skip it.
but this only works if you didnt put in a diffrent game or dvd.
if you did you have to watch the hole movie again.
so just dont play other games and you can enjoy SC3 without watching the intro

p0intblank32
06-02-2005, 10:52 AM
All I play at the moment is Chaos Theory, so I can just skip it by pressing the A button. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SHNAG
06-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Mental Mars is right, if you play anyother game you have to watch he whole thing over again. The same thing happens for other games such as Doom3. As the video plays parts of the game download to the xbox to help reduce load times, it functions as a sort of a load screen pleasing on your eyes. It doesn't bother me though, i just mute my speaker system and watch tv as it plays.

Rbdb1R
06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
if you play 2 games in between the times you play chaos theory you have do wait through the annoying video

BiG_FaT_SpErM
06-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I only have SCCT for my Xbox and never have to sit through the intro video but i usually have to sit through the videos at the start of missions

HardToExist
06-02-2005, 02:02 PM
I only play this and Ghost Recon 2 at the moment, I don't ever have to watch the video unless I switch to a third game...

Epicurus_13
06-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I must say, I'm impressed that ubisoft hasn't fixed this bug yet. Since I play CT pretty much nonstop this is a minor issue for me, but the rest of you have my symptahy. Ubisoft, come on now, how much work can it be to patch THIS?

Dawg605
06-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Um...dude...it's not a glitch.

The game is loading and caching the files onto the Xbox hard drive while the video is playing. If you would like, it could just be a black screen for a minute or two. Or you can be playing the game and have it load every new area and character and stuff every 5 seconds.

Omega_224
06-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah, that happens. CT is all I play, so the intro movie isn't annoying to me. When the movie starts, I just press the Start button a couple of times, then it skips the movie and the main screen where it says "Press Start Buttton." But I hate how it makes you watch about half of the movie before a mission. If you play the same mission again, you don't have to watch it, but if you change, you gotta sit through half of it.

XyZspineZyX
06-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I would rather have a loading screen like the Rainbow Six games have on XBOX.

p0intblank32
06-02-2005, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Epicurus_13:
I must say, I'm impressed that ubisoft hasn't fixed this bug yet. Since I play CT pretty much nonstop this is a minor issue for me, but the rest of you have my symptahy. Ubisoft, come on now, how much work can it be to patch THIS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is definitely NOT a glitch.

darklink570
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
It's pretty random for me, and when it does happen, I can always skip the rest of the intro after the point where Sam shoots a guard in the head.

glaivedave
07-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Sounds more of a glitch than anything else. We have to wait 45-60 seconds to load the game a first, time, then, when we load a map, we have to wait another 30 seconds. THEN, we have to wait another 30 seconds to load whatever we're loading the 3rd time. Bad programming maybe? Plus, Neither Halo's required a loading time at startup, and their levels are massive. I sometimes don't even get around to playing CT because of all the ****ing loading. Reminds of the days of Playstation 1.

Time4Chaos
07-19-2005, 03:06 PM
first of all welcome to the forums. Second, dont necropost. Third, I just press the start button like 500 times and it skips it completelty. But sometimes, I dont do it fast enough, so It goes through the movie. I just leave it on, watch tv, and its at thee startup screen. But there is a point in my vid where it just automatically goes to the startup screen. Its like right after he kills someone.

shootingsnipe
07-19-2005, 03:27 PM
You know for the next game they should really have interactive loading screens that way you can better enjoy the game.

I.S.F-Dixxhead
07-19-2005, 04:06 PM
You do know that even loadingscreens do use up ram and eventually slow down your loading speed, especially if you want interactive loading screens... ah well, never mind ^^

SilentAce07
07-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Yes they do, which is why the suggested rainbow six 3 type is recommended. There is no interaction, but it goes through a random weapon giving you an interesting backround and advice ofr using it. For all the new people playing Spliter Cell, the advice (especially) and backround is extremely helpful.

Also, the vids dont take up too much ram, and since SC4 will be on xbox 360 and ps3, and im assuming everyone with a pc will upgrade their video card and ram, I dont think using ram will be too much of a problem. With the specs given on next generation consoles and pc's, vids will be fine for loading screens, but then again- with so much speed, loading screens might not even exist....(in a perfect world...but then theres wallgreens....)

homerbart23
07-20-2005, 07:40 AM
this is sad. what kind of life do people have other than to sit here and complain about waiting through a video, yes it's annoying but big deal, kit's only a minute to wait. Maybe you should all contact ubi and see if you can get a job. You could sit by the developers and ***** in their ears about every little thing you don't like.

Surlyduff50
07-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I dont know what ur on about, i thik the intro is great, i watch it anyway, its not exactly boring. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif