PDA

View Full Version : The Ending

ape246
11-22-2009, 11:10 AM
i thin it is it makes no sense and i didnt like the truth files or the fact that you cant go back and replay the story. the game was cool till it got to memory 10.

ape246
11-22-2009, 11:14 AM
sorry about that i meant it was awsome until you got to memory block 11 then when you start 11 it was down hill from there.

EmperorxZurg
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I thought it was pretty cool all the way. Sure the sci-fi thing about Gods being holographic creatures was just seriously wtf? everything alese was great. Especially the last boss battle where Ezio goes all bada** and says "no, killing u won't bring my family back" and just says rest in peace while walking off.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ape246
11-22-2009, 11:29 AM
thats what i meant the sci-fi crap and what was up with the bleeding effect that was wierd?

ape246
11-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Btw please reply and not just vote thank you

nicky117
11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
awesome ending, she [spoilers if you didnt finish game] tells desmond he only can save the world, through ezio, and they're both like WTF?

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
no... the ending was cool....... all u guys saying u dont like the sci-fi aspect... well idk isnt a guy in the year 2012 going back 500 years revisting there memories kind of sci-fi

cB4d93
11-22-2009, 01:26 PM
This whole game is tied to that sci-fi element. There would be no Assassin's Creed if the sci-fi element wasn't there.

ChaosOveride
11-22-2009, 01:48 PM
the entire point is that they are NOT gods just percived as such by the humans, the subject 16 vid was brilliant in my opinion and links the game to biblical myths. and shows how the war started, with adam and eve, freeing the humans from what i can see.

ape246
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
well from what i see adam and eve are like androids and gods were trying to keep us in lined and failed that made it dumb, having the "apples of eden" as the treasure everyone wants im fine with that but the gods and subject 16 was in my opion too much

Cornik22
11-22-2009, 04:05 PM
When I first saw the ending I thought hey had gone too far, that it was really crazy. Then, when I undertsood what was going on, how everything makes sense, I have to say I like it. It reminds me of Lost.

ape246
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
i never understood lost lol

jasminam
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Please post and discuss all threads with possible spoilers in the Hints&Tips forum, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EmperorxZurg
11-23-2009, 12:37 AM
it's EXACTLY like Lost! Now that Cornik said it I see the similarities. I get the ending now lol

Dudebag
11-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by ChaosOveride:
the entire point is that they are NOT gods just percived as such by the humans, the subject 16 vid was brilliant in my opinion and links the game to biblical myths. and shows how the war started, with adam and eve, freeing the humans from what i can see.

Wait what? The truth vid shows how the war started and Adam and Eve free the humans? I never saw that.

What I got from that video was simply Adam and Eve running through the garden of eden and stealing a peice of eden or "Apple" as they are called, nothing more nothing less.

I can guess that the stealing of the peice of eden gets Adam and Eve kicked out of eden and for some reason they use the peice of eden to influence the evolution of mankind, but this is mearly speculation.

I guess everyone got somthing different from the video.

WillamMT
11-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Was boring and trite. To go further in answering your question, they started walking the path of bad Sci-Fi in the first game making all religions out to be myths. This game continued that path without any alteration. They could have diverged from the formula but alas they didn't.

Next game we will watch as the befuddled masses that believe in God work against Desmond as he tries to save the world. Of course he will free them of there faith saving the earth and everyone in the process.

Sorry if I seem sour its just the game play was fun, the part about fighting modern templars was ok, but the end just ruined my fun

Cornik22
11-24-2009, 04:26 AM
I can guess that the stealing of the piece of Eden gets Adam and Eve kicked out of Eden
They don't get kicked out of Eden, they escape from there.

I guess everyone got something different from the video
Not really, what the video shows is pretty simple. Adam and Eve are the first humans to escape from Eden because they are immune to the artefacts their creators use to manipulate them. Also, they steal a piece of Eden in the process.

According to the official explanation, "Adam and Eve are the first humans to disobey their creators orders. Being immune to the artefacts the first civilisation uses to control and enslave mankind, they decide to reveal against them escaping from their city and stealing one of the pieces of Eden, which gives them special powers (that's where they got their strength and freerun abilities). After that humans lost their "innocence" when they discover that their creators superiority was based on advanced technology. This discovery would eventually lead to the first war between both species."

dcbroncs123
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
ok i belevie the holgrpics was just a message left behind or somthing prgramed in a way to be smart and aswer questions . and the apple i beleve adam and eve was trying to keep the peices or eden from the human because they know that we are destructive in are own way it says from the sci fi thing that we desred are self they tryed to stop us they were strong but we was meany

Neo_Age
11-24-2009, 06:11 PM
In my opinion the game is great, though it suffers mid story fatigue, ie you know there will be a third game and it being the mid point of the story, the questions arnt answered.

In regards to subject 16 vids, you have to read between the lines. Yes you dont see the war between man and its creators starting but the content of the footage really leaves no question that the war was kicked off at that point. Given the mind control capabilities of the pieces of eden, I would be willing to bet that Adam and Eve (maybe even exclusively Eve?) used the apple to control humanity to turn against its creators.

Evolution doesnt exist in the game. The Templars faked the missing link. We're the product of flying spaghetti monsters, lol.

Finally, who wants to bet the final game will be released Dec 20, 2012?

TyronLeRoy
11-25-2009, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by ape246:
sorry about that i meant it was awsome until you got to memory block 11 then when you start 11 it was down hill from there.

I guess you are entitled to your own opinion.
Glad I do not share that one.

The whole story got better from 10 and so forth in my opinion.
The Glyphs actually started to make sense in some biblical way.

And the last glyph.. just.. reveals all.

terrorviktor
11-25-2009, 08:00 AM
I loved the ending, I was very intrigued by the mystery surrounding it and with answers given I think it would have been weaker. It's exactly as Desmond puts it.

One thing I didn't get though was how Ezio survived the stabbing. Was it just because he was the prophet and was supposed to live to enter the vault?

One other thing. Borgia has the staff which in one of the glyphs is identified as a piece of Eden. In the same glyph-puzzle we also se a sword. Was in somewhere in the game or is it yet to be shown?

birdofpray1985
11-25-2009, 08:11 AM
personly id rather have a omg wf? ending like the on here rather then the one in the first game

Cryps1
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I thought the ending was really good actually. Sure a little too " Sci Fi" with the holographic and all but it really does set the stage for Ac3

speedball123
11-25-2009, 01:22 PM
All i can really say is that it really was a good game sure you might be picky with me and not agree but im kinda hoping they make an AC3. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Neo_Age
11-25-2009, 01:28 PM
"One thing I didn't get though was how Ezio survived the stabbing. Was it just because he was the prophet and was supposed to live to enter the vault?"

Best answer would be the pope didnt hit any major organs when he stabbed him. Typical bad guy move.

sackboy411
11-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Has anyone thought that Adam & Eve were the bad guys, because the humans must have believed they were in some sort of paradise, and they just took it away? I wouldn't give a damn about free will if I was that happy.

Cornik22
11-26-2009, 08:37 AM
What are you talking about? Humans were slaves, force to work hard against their will building the city of the first civilitation. I wouldn't say they were "happy".

sackboy411
11-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Yes but in the first game when Al Mualim went all power-mad, he used the POE to convince everyone it was great. In fact that memory block was called Paradise I think.

Neo_Age
11-26-2009, 09:20 AM
"Has anyone thought that Adam & Eve were the bad guys, because the humans must have believed they were in some sort of paradise, and they just took it away? I wouldn't give a damn about free will if I was that happy."

The so called "pieces of Eden" seem to simply be control devices that act on the electron found in human cells that seem to serve no other purpose. As to if they trick the person into thinking their in paradise, I doubt that, given that Altiars experiences in the first game were anything but pleasant (having to fight dead foes, multiple copies of his former master, etc), though then again that could have been what his former master merely chose to show him.

What I would like to know though is why the "pieces of eden" didnít work on the humans during the war. They seem to be area of effect devices so presumably enough of them in a given area would have subjigated an entire human army within moments, given what the staff did to the crowd in the last level.

Cornik22
11-26-2009, 10:06 AM
As to if they trick the person into thinking their in paradise, I doubt that
I doubt that, too. We have seen the effects of the piece of Eden in the last level of the first game. When Altair returns to Massiaf people seems to be hypnotized and under complete control, not happy.

What I would like to know though is why the "pieces of Eden" didnít work on the humans during the war.
Interesting. During Minerva's revelation, one of the holograms show a group of humans armed with what could be axes ready to fight one "creator", who at the same time is trying to use a piece of Eden to subjugate them.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1115/warc.jpg (http://img109.imageshack.us/i/warc.jpg/)

My guess is that each artefact can only control a limited number of humans, but there were so many that they were outnumbered. The only thing we know for sure is that humans won the war.

Neo_Age
11-26-2009, 10:13 AM
The only thing we know for sure is that humans won the war.

I think it was more a truce was formed, as I recall Minerva said afterwords there were small numbers of both groups and that the creators wanted to prevent what happened.

The thing though about pieces of eden only being able to control so many humans is that in the first game, Altiar's master (I really need to recall his name) was able to use it on the entire town of assassins which easily had to be close to 100 people. Even if there was a limit to the number of humans a piece of eden could control logic dictates that you would merely need a second, third, fourth and so on piece of eden for every 100 (or however many each piece could control) humans. So an army of a thousand could be recaptured by a mere 10 pieces of eden.

Cornik22
11-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I recall Minerva said afterwards there were small numbers of both groups and that the creators wanted to prevent what happened
She is referring to the first disaster (sun flare, or whatever it was) that turn the earth to ash. Only a few of both species survived, but they manage to rebuild their societies.

Even if there was a limit to the number of humans a piece of Eden could control logic dictates that you would merely need a second, third, fourth and so on piece of Eden for every 100
Good point. I really don't now what happened http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

kingbren08
11-26-2009, 11:06 AM
i didnt understand the ending in the slightest so the jist of it (SPOILERS AHEAD) is adam and eve escape the garden of eden take the piece of eden convince mankind to attack the creators and the sun exploded but humanity survived and minerva said it would happen again unless desmond did something then lucy says the templars arent our main enemies so who is? and what can desmond do?

speedball123
11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
The game was good, there kinda are a lot of unexplanible stuff but they just do that to well try to add longer to the storyline and they are going to do the exact same thing in Ac3.