PDA

View Full Version : Help with my router...

s-a-m-i-a-m
08-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I have moved recently and I now have a router in my house. I'm trying to figure out how to open the ports so that I can see and host games again. I have the ports that need to be opened and my router is Linksys if that helps. I know there's a bunch tech junkies here so help me out please!

s-a-m-i-a-m
08-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I have moved recently and I now have a router in my house. I'm trying to figure out how to open the ports so that I can see and host games again. I have the ports that need to be opened and my router is Linksys if that helps. I know there's a bunch tech junkies here so help me out please!

solid_darkness
08-17-2004, 03:10 AM
go to your command prompt under accessories. type in this in the c:\ipconfig youll get your Ip address and your default gateway. your looking for your default gateway numbers wich are prob 192.168.1.2 now open up your internet explorer and in the address bar type your gateway address it will look like this http://192.168.1.2 then hit enter. youll come to a pass screan if you know pass type it in if you dont look in manual. leave the name blank and in the password area type admin that the default pass for most lans. then when your in your router youll beable to figure it out opening ports is in firewall section.