PDA

View Full Version : STATISTICS: Do you like the new TDM Random Respawn?

Dead-Sync
05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of argument over the new Team Deathmatch "Random Respawn" feature, which as of the latest update was implemented, and does the following change:

Respawning in Team Deathmatch now work like regular Deathmatch (random points throughout the map) which intensifies gameplay and minimizes spawn camping/trapping.

I've played the new system, and have my own opinions about it, but I have yet to see any Polls regarding this subject (sorry if there is one already). If there truly is a strong majority like or dislike towards the new system, hopefully some solid statistics can help catch Ubisoft's eye.

Obviously everyone has their own opinions, since each way has it's own positives and negatives, but what matters is what means most to US, the PLAYERS. After OUR voice is heard, we see if Ubisoft is willing to adapt to the majority of the players.

This isn't a "flame, hate Ubisoft, hate the players" thread, it is a serious attempt to gather valuable statistical data. There are only TWO choices.
"I like the new Random Respawns" - assuming you would like to have this update left in
"I DO NOT like the new Random Respawns" - assuming you want this to go back to the old method.

Granted, if one system is in the game, someone will complain, but the goal is to make as many people satisfied as possible.

Please vote so we can see what the general census is. Thank you, and see you on the battlefield!

Dead-Sync
05-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Also, if you wish to add extra comments to your vote, you can in a post, but please make them constructive. I won't and certainly Ubisoft won't bother to read them if it's complete nonsense.

As for my vote, I Voted DO NOT LIKE. Here's my basis for my voting:

Even though Team Deathmatch is not by nature of other games, a "tactical mode", the whole basis of Rainbow games, and Rainbow Six Vegas the series is meant to be a tactical shooter. This in my opinion, should remain true to a TACTICAL Team Deathmatch. When you make the spawns random, it changes the game to a frantic run, spray, and pray game, which the game is not tailored too.

Now, how would someone counter my point?

One might say, well what about camping? In response I say:
-Spawn Shielding is there to help reduce that
-With the new system, Ive experienced randomly getting shot in the back when an enemy spawns behind me...thats almost just as bad as camping.

As alternatives, I say something like:
-Don't make RANDOM respawns, but have the team respawns MOVE, meaning you always respawn as a TEAM, but if Team A is being overrun, their team respawns will be moved to somewhere else.
-Further find a better way to prevent camping

The basis for changing this, which was not apparent to me prior, (apparently the contact Ubi made to the community was minimal or handpicked) was
1. Intensify Gameplay
2. Minimize Spawn Camping/Trapping

as for 1. there is no way to measure this. The game will ALWAYS be intense. it's just. Is it intense on a lateral basis (meaning you go from base to be fighting) or on a random basis, (meaning you run around looking for someone to kill) Since the latter is whats being used, this does not tailor to the style of the game, and gameplay is sort of degraded when you constantly get shot from behind, something not necessarily your fault. There is a lack of prediction, and does not reward tactical gameplay at all.

2. As for camping, as stated, getting shot in the back constantly is more or less, worse. Plus, has spawn camping ever been a TRUE issue? In most cases, you can flee with protection, to one of the many escape points on maps, or use that time to kill your enemy. When camped, it is often rare, and only done by HIGHLY tactical teams, which deserve some credit for pulling the task off. With getting shot in the back due to a spawn of an enemy nearby, it gives ANYONE the ability to get a "freebie" kill, like the reward of flanking, without bothering to even flank.

So yeah, I say change it back.

babylonfallen
05-09-2008, 09:03 PM
i like the random respawns. i wish there was a compass feature and i wish the host could choose random respawns on/off.

Dead-Sync
05-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by babylonfallen:
i like the random respawns. i wish there was a compass feature and i wish the host could choose random respawns on/off.

I like that idea of a toggle option. My theory is, when in doubt, let the players decide for themselves. This way you can't go wrong!

DexLuther
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM

They should take respawns out completely. The don't really have any business in a game they keep trying to pass off as Realistic and tactical.

Go back to playing Halo, and then everyone can be happy.

SanguineFox274
05-10-2008, 03:40 AM
Being on both ends of spawn camping, I can imagine how people viewed this a some sort of Godsend when they heard about it, but it is very impractical. I can scarcely stay on one area for more that half a minute without somebody attacking me from behind with a spawn shield up. There's a constant rotating center of battle because of this, and it tends be so fast that choosing your sniper class becomes choosing a suicide option. True, some people like this kind of pace, but it's turning a tactical shooter into just a shooter.

I like the idea of a toggle option, as it is something that would appeal to everyone. But, I personally dislike it.

Dead-Sync
05-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by DexLuther:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by babylonfallen:
They should take respawns out completely. The don't really have any business in a game they keep trying to pass off as Realistic and tactical.

Go back to playing Halo, and then everyone can be happy.

Well I need to argue one point with you Dexluther.

See, at least in the game now, you CAN CHOOSE to play with respawns on or off. This way, everyone can be happy. By saying you want to force EVERYONE to play without respawns, its a little selfish. We should be grateful for the fact that its an option we can change. Plus, sometimes people want to play realistically, but want to actually PLAY. It's a big turnoff when a newcomer never gets to play because they keep dying.

As for random respawns, that ISNT an option now, and we're forced to play with some pretty bad respawns.

But look at the voting data, clearly it is in favor of going back to the old way. Let's keep this up, and if our data gets VERY high, I'll forward this to Ubisoft. Then we'll see once and for all if they ignore us or not!

DISEMAN_x
05-10-2008, 10:29 AM
i wish the host could choose random respawns on/off.

Agreed. If the respawns are to stay then it should be a host option. What's so hard about this?

Soulshadowdude
05-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Make the respawns like Team Leader, but instead of the second choice being the leader, make the choice another location. Kind of like A&D on Calypso on the first Vegas.

That way its harder to camp, and it still provides the tactical sense of the shooter.

martyrnthe1st
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
another concern raised by the addition of random respawns is this: now in team leader, you have people who are pro-random respawn complaining about spawn camping in the team leader gametype. these are people who REFUSE to leave their spawn, their leader is holed up in some corner of their spawn with their team spawning around them constantly. then, after they lose, they complain loudly in the post game lobby about how my team was "too aggressive" and "constantly spawn camping". the truth of the matter is this. i completely quit playing team deathmatch when the update came out. i went to team leader and attack and defend. in both gametypes, aggressive play styles will be considered spawn trapping or camping. will they change or eliminate entirely these gametypes because of people who can't win given the current rules? when i started playing the rainbow six series, i was constantly on the receiving end of a serious asswhooping. for months. until i got better. i didn't complain. my friends were the same way, and some of them quit playing the game and moved on to other games they were better at. they didn't complain either, that was just the way the game was designed and they knew there were other games out there, designed more to their liking, so they left. or they got better. so why are we now rewarding the people who are unable to play the game, by changing the gameplay entirely? i'm not simply saying "go back to halo" like some of my less tactful forum contributors because i don't agree entirely, but surely intelligent gamers don't expect to win every match, play every shooter with exactly the same skill, or be able to play one game they just picked up as well as a game made by a different company with different rules that has been out for a long time. so why are we catering to people who refuse to learn how to play the game that was made, and instead insist the company change the game rather than allowing themselves time to learn, or finding an alternative game to play?

bull_god
05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
yes, random respawns suck! They need to make it like vegas 1 attack and defend and give you 2 key points to choose from to spawn at!

I for one am boycotting the game..sucked when i got it so i stopped playing it, waited for an update...and it sucks worse!

Dead-Sync
05-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your feedback, opinions, and votes! Even though I don't hold any power to do anything, it's obvious as of now which way the opinions are leading. I've sent this to Ubisoft and hopefully they can see what we're saying.

So Ubi might be looking at your feedback, so keep it constructive and who knows, as a community, we could get this switched back to the way we liked, the original Rainbow Six way!

martyrnthe1st
05-11-2008, 01:05 AM
since i can hear dex stomping over to this thread, i'll beat him to the punch and tell you that the "original way" is to have no respawns at all. of course, dex would also throw in something about how you, your mother, and your dog should just stick to playing halo. i'm not going to do that.

personally, i just want the gameplay that i got when i paid for the game. although no respawns at all would be preferable to this random mess we have now...

gazzagb
05-11-2008, 07:44 AM
There should be an option for Random Respawns for the Host in the match settings.
I really annoys me becasue it makes working as a team pointless beacuse you have to go and find them all before goin to get the enermy. I hope that the next patch contains this option.

VP360
05-11-2008, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by babylonfallen:

Go back to playing Halo, and then everyone can be happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to shut up with this take the respawns out go and play halo ****. Before the update team deathmatch was a great game and it didnt have random spawning like halo. Im sick of seeing post saying they should take the spawns out. You dont see other people saying take out the option to have no respawns. You have a choice so why do you care if there are respawns or not. Playing with respawns does take skill too and there is still alot of team work involved at least before the update. You probably just like playing with no respawns because you like camping dont you. What happened did you play a game with respawns and get like 1 kill and 20 deaths and saw how much you actually sucked. With no respawns you can only die once so you dont look so bad thats probably why you hate respawns so much and like playing with them off.

Dead-Sync
05-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok guys, keep up the voting, keep up the comments so we can keep this on top. If we make our first goal a target if 50 for a sample size, thats a pretty reasonable amount of players from the forums, and the evidence is quite strong. Hopefully starting Monday Ubisoft will look at this when their work day starts!

Lets make our voices heard!

martyrnthe1st
05-11-2008, 11:28 PM
be careful ahx, i'd rather this thread not get locked because of "bumping", like all the other polls that show how many people don't want the random respawns.

Domino_MOFO
05-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Random respawns are lame...RR takes all strategy out of the game and in turn, everyone is just running around trying to kill each other. If I wanted this style of game play, I would go back to playing COD4.

The whole reason that I prefer RSV to COD4 (even though COD4's screen shots and campaign are much better) is that it used to be more strategy based. The ONLY reason that I don't like COD4 multiplayer is the fact that it's just "run and shoot" and that you cannot post up behind walls and features. With the new respawn update, RSV2 is now just an inferior COD4...

I have been on both ends of spawn camping and my answer is: don't let yourself get spawn camped. Communicate with your team and put together a strategy to stop it. If your team is that outmatched and you are getting crushed, leave and find another game where the skill level is more similar to your own...

To everyone saying that they should take spawns off all together: host your own game, turn off respawns, and shut up already...

I'm not playing RSV2 until they return the game play to the same as when I originally bought it. I would have never bought this game if I knew this is how it would end up. Oh well, I'll be playing RSV1 until they change it back...

Dead-Sync
05-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by martyrnthe1st:
be careful ahx, i'd rather this thread not get locked because of "bumping", like all the other polls that show how many people don't want the random respawns.

Right, but keep in mind I'm not just going "bump". I'm actually adding more constructive comments, or information to you guys, to inform you that, for example, I tried contacting Ubi.LevelUp. It's also why I encourage discussion to make it not sink. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see "BUMP" and thats all, but if people are hesitant to post, It's good to hear people give feedback because its more individual response for Ubi to look at, and keeps this active.

And likewise, this poll isn't exactly a head thread of Random Respawns, it's a data collection for Ubisoft. As mentioned in my first post, I didn't see any polls at the time, but indeed I saw many flame posts of the topic. I wanted to hopefully turn that around, and take what I thought is the educated way in getting something accomplished. I hope you understand, and I hope even more this works!

J0071212
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
AHXtreme42,

UBI doesn't listen. If they did, then they would have addressed this two weeks ago. I say "F" the casual gamer. Don't mess up our game for people that maybe play a couple of hours a week. It's us hardcore gamers that made this franchise and UBI successful.

Deadpoolx17
05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by AHXtreme42:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by martyrnthe1st:

Right, but keep in mind I'm not just going "bump". I'm actually adding more constructive comments, or information to you guys, to inform you that, for example, I tried contacting Ubi.LevelUp. It's also why I encourage discussion to make it not sink. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see "BUMP" and thats all, but if people are hesitant to post, It's good to hear people give feedback because its more individual response for Ubi to look at, and keeps this active.

And likewise, this poll isn't exactly a head thread of Random Respawns, it's a data collection for Ubisoft. As mentioned in my first post, I didn't see any polls at the time, but indeed I saw many flame posts of the topic. I wanted to hopefully turn that around, and take what I thought is the educated way in getting something accomplished. I hope you understand, and I hope even more this works! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far man, I have to agree with everything you say. I really dislike the way that RB6V2 changed after the update. I find it stupid how a group of little kids who whined on here to get random respawns got them, and yet we can't have our own option to negate RR. If Ubi wasn't so afraid to lose business from the little kids this wouldn't have happened. I think though that they've learned their lesson, slightly. Because the people who gave majority of the positive numbers left the game when the update was released. Eventually they're going to return it to normal, or at least give us the option to change RR.

AxelF78
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
85% voted AGAINST random respawns....Doesnt that say SOMETHING? Yikes...ubisoft..time to take a look at what your public thinks.

Honestly...how hard would it be to make random or normal respawns an option? Seriously.

jethrotull1008
05-12-2008, 04:41 PM
actualy it isnt random you spawn in proximity to the person who killed u

Fiip1083
05-13-2008, 08:07 AM
I hate random re-spawns in Team Death Match mode. It takes away all attempts of strategy and tactics (which is what this game is known for). It's exactly the same as Death Match now; the kills are just tallied collectively.

I always felt that Team Death Match was a "step-up" from regular Death Match modes ONLY because it allowed players to strategically defend one side of a map while tactically attacking the other. By doing this, it created a few key-points on every map that teams fought for and it brought order to a game with 14+ players.

Implementing random re-spawns throws this whole idea out. The only strategy now is to run, shoot first, and hope nobody spawns behind you. Any strategy beyond this is impossible.

While I hate spawn-campers, random re-spawns does not solve the problem!

I think that having the ability to choose between two different spawn locations will solve the spawn-camping problem and it will restore the strategic part of the TDM game mode.

I also like the idea of having the ability to turn random re-spawns "on" or "off." Although I have to say, if I had the choice, I would never join a server with this option turned on.

NOMAD_183
05-13-2008, 02:00 PM
The random respawns in TDM are a bit disconcerting, but I certainly have not found them to be as problematic as most people are claiming they are.

For example, I have never had anyone respawn behind me or directly in front of me.

Rogue__Spear
05-13-2008, 02:06 PM
You can still contain a spawn in TDM as it only spawns them behind teammates. All your team as to do is hold a front against the other one.

While I am NOT defending the random respawns, trust me I think they suck too, I am just going out on a limb and saying they can be worked around and contained, not crying that the moon is falling as is seemed to be the current trend here.

LUNCHisSTUPID
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I like the random respawns only cause it seems to make you people so miserable. You lost the whole "tactical shooter" thing when you gave yourself 80 bajillion lives.

Dead-Sync
05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, another update from me.

First off, thank you to everyone voting and giving feedback. We are starting to make a VERY solid statement, where if we continue to grow. Ubisoft cannot ignore it, if they do, then we officially will see how much our voice is heard.

with a sample size of 61, which is WHOPPING for a forum, we have an 84% rating against respawns. Thats 51 players, over 10. It certainly is starting to become noticeable.

Now, it's easy to get angry at Ubisoft, but we have three options:

1.) Do nothing at all
2.) Whine, and complain in a way that doesn't get results.
3.) Or keep this up, get more votes, and continue to build a solid statement.

Option 3, the method we're using now, is HOW get changes get made if any happen at all. I cannot guarantee that this topic will help bring change, but it damn well is the only way we'll get it.

So I'm gonna hope Ubisoft checks the PM, I normally avoid sending Support tickets with this info since you normally only get a cookie cutter response back, but in any way we can get a hold of Ubisoft, do so, and show them this. I know I'll be pushing for this, since we have some solid data here!

Keep it up players of R6V2!

martyrnthe1st
05-15-2008, 06:16 AM
how long should a response to that p.m. usually take?

LUNCH: it's that kind of thoughtfulness that makes us all feel warm and fuzzy inside. you and dex must be the same person. you like random respawns because other people don't. um. you probably also like regular team spawn points because people who like random spawns don't like that... those people who want respawns but don't like getting "camped". so you don't really have anything to add to this thread because you don't want respawns at all. that's fine, but why would you post here then? you see the title of the thread, know you don't have anything of value to contribute, so you come in insulting people? if that's the mindset of these "old school hardcore" gamers, no wonder people don't like this games multiplayer.

amazingmarkbert
05-15-2008, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by babylonfallen:

Go back to playing Halo, and then everyone can be happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, then you'd be happy which would make me unhappy as I believe narrow mindedness and exclusionary attitudes shouldn't be rewarded.

VDM
05-15-2008, 07:52 AM
I see only one good solution here: to make the random respawns ON/OFF for the host. That's it. Simple and fair.

Deadpoolx17
05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by martyrnthe1st:
how long should a response to that p.m. usually take?

LUNCH: it's that kind of thoughtfulness that makes us all feel warm and fuzzy inside. you and dex must be the same person. you like random respawns because other people don't. um. you probably also like regular team spawn points because people who like random spawns don't like that... those people who want respawns but don't like getting "camped". so you don't really have anything to add to this thread because you don't want respawns at all. that's fine, but why would you post here then? you see the title of the thread, know you don't have anything of value to contribute, so you come in insulting people? if that's the mindset of these "old school hardcore" gamers, no wonder people don't like this games multiplayer.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!! Dex = The moronic Lunchable. I also agree with ADM, a simple on/off switch would be nice. Mark, nice vocabulary, I don't think that Dex will be able to understand it though. I mean, he is slightly on the slow side.

NOMAD_183
05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Granted, the random respawns aren't great. But I think this game has way bigger problems than random respawns.

Lethal1940
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by NOMAD_183:
Granted, the random respawns aren't great. But I think this game has way bigger problems than random respawns.

You are correct!
Vegas 2 does have more serious issues that should be addressed first.

As for Respawns:
There should be an option to enable or disable.

And, the entire respawn system needs to be rebuilt, based on feedback from experienced players!!

I didn't vote for either option in the poll.
There should have been a third option .. discard and rebuild!!

Deadpoolx17
05-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Lethal1940:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NOMAD_183:

You are correct!
Vegas 2 does have more serious issues that should be addressed first.

As for Respawns:

And, the entire respawn system needs to be rebuilt, based on feedback from experienced players!!

There should have been a third option .. discard and rebuild!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To discard and rebuild though...that would take a longer time then to change the re spawns. You're talking about them recalling the game, and having to completely overhaul it. That doesn't work, at all. Doing that they could lose millions of dollars, and that isn't going to happen no matter what. It's just not fathomable, at least the re spawn aspect is feasible.

ONE-1
05-15-2008, 04:07 PM
The new respawns are just plain terrible.

Domino_MOFO
05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I haven't played Vegas 2 for about two weeks and won't ever play this game again until the respawns get fixed. If it doesn't get fixed soon, this game is going to be used for a $20 credit toward something else at GameStop.

Deadpoolx17
05-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Domino_MOFO:
I haven't played Vegas 2 for about two weeks and won't ever play this game again until the respawns get fixed. If it doesn't get fixed soon, this game is going to be used for a $20 credit toward something else at GameStop.
If you're going to trade it in, then trade it in at Gamecrazy. They give you 30-40 dollars trade value for it, lol.

Domino_MOFO
05-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Deadpoolx17:

If you're going to trade it in, then trade it in at Gamecrazy. They give you 30-40 dollars trade value for it, lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dead-Sync
06-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, Im starting a 2nd round of voting to try to improve our stats. Sadly, I haven't heard back yet from UBI via PM or Support Ticket, but all we can do is
a.) hope they see this thread
b.) get more votes

TO do that, all you guys need to do is vote if you haven't already, and maybe post a comment.

If this thread is new to you, read the first post, it explains what this study is trying to accomplish, and in the first wave of voting, we got 79 votes, 85% saying they did NOT like the new respawn system, so keep the voting up!

FXH Reaper
06-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Random respawns was one of the worst thing with the last patch... I know why they did it but I think it could have been done a whole lot better. With the way the maps are layed out this random respawing makes the game un playable, there were times I would be in the middle of the map having just spawned myself just to have an enemy spawn behind me and get a free kill http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I think if they just made the spawn shield longer it could have stopped the spawn camping easily. With how long the shield last now I can do some serious damage to a camping team if it was longer there is no excuse for anyone to get out.

aspen_wrx
06-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by AHXtreme42:
Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your feedback, opinions, and votes! Even though I don't hold any power to do anything, it's obvious as of now which way the opinions are leading. I've sent this to Ubisoft and hopefully they can see what we're saying.

So Ubi might be looking at your feedback, so keep it constructive and who knows, as a community, we could get this switched back to the way we liked, the original Rainbow Six way!

You actually believe UBI is going to spend another dime in programming on this game??
It's so obvious what they did in the first place it's ludicrous!
All they did was use the spawns from the T-Hunt mode and dropped them in TDM. That way they didn't have to program cr@p, they just dropped in a module.
For all you "hopefulls" out there, I say "in your dreams, Ubi has made their $$ off us suckers and is moving on to their next big ripoff."
In the RB6V1 ranked matches (where everybody who truly loved this game is now playing), the talk is that when they last logged into RB6V2 there were virtually no TDM matches out there to be played. UBI changing the game they originally sold us into something entirely different because of 900 ****y, whiny b!tches has not paid off. All they've accomplished is to alienate their loyal fans.
Everyone I know is back to RB6V1 and Battlefield Bad Company Demo, and as soon as the full version of BBC is released on June 23rd, we'll be leaving RB6V1 as well.
Good bye UBI, you've stolen enough of my money between RB6V1 PC and RB6V2 XBox 360, and GOOD RIDDANCE!

ChronicCritic
06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
As everybody else I think Random respawns is one of the most idiotic things to ever happen in a patch coming from ubisoft.

Now when I spawn in a TDM game I have to do a crazy ivan every time to make sure there arent enemies right behind me.

I cant beleive the lazy jackazzes at ubisoft did this ..I really cant, Its like they are intentionally trying to ruin whats left of this game.

neilthecellist
06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I cant beleive the lazy jackazzes at ubisoft did this ..I really cant, Its like they are intentionally trying to ruin whats left of this game.

Agreed.

Deadpoolx17
06-10-2008, 12:27 AM
The only reason I kept on playing this game was because I wanted to just get the rest of the achievements and then be able to say,"Ha ha UBI I pooped on ya!" I can't wait until EA buys them out entirely. Hello ultimate destructible maps, bye bye ******ed French Canadian money thieves.

neilthecellist
06-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah, Ubisoft seriously does NOT know how to use AGEIA PhysX (well now it's called NVidia PhysX)

hesaphetes
06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I like random respawns, as the spawn shield doesnt last long enough if 2 or more opponents are camped at the respawn point, however a possibility would be to have a room for each team which opponents cant enter where each team could respawn

Deadpoolx17
06-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by hesaphetes:
I like random respawns, as the spawn shield doesnt last long enough if 2 or more opponents are camped at the respawn point, however a possibility would be to have a room for each team which opponents cant enter where each team could respawn

Wow criers like you would complain about spawn shield not being long enough. Here's the thing, game should go back to the way it used to, and the criers like yourself should just shut up and go back to CoD4, or whatever else you were playing before you destroyed our game.

aspen_wrx
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hesaphetes:
Wow criers like you would complain about spawn shield not being long enough. Here's the thing, game should go back to the way it used to, and the criers like yourself should just shut up and go back to CoD4, or whatever else you were playing before you destroyed our game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

LOL agreed. It's the pu$$i3s that ruined this game by crying about getting camped instead of actually learning to play the game.

Doc_Gerbil_1
06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
I like it because Rainbow Six is supposed to be a tactical game, and TDM, as a whole, is not usually tactical. I don't even think it should be a game type. If you want to play TDM, there are plenty of better games to play it with - it's an unrealistic game type and works better with games like Call of Duty.

In creating random respawns, there are less people playing Team Deathmatch/Sharpshooter and more people playing the other, unique game modes such as Team Leader. I know.. I like it for all of the wrong reasons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It's why I like it though - because the TDM players don't like it and come play other game modes.

Don't hate me..

P.S. - From a game designing standpoint, there should be a toggle feature to turn it on/off. Seriously.

And there are many, many other ways to prevent spawn camping, if that is the reason this "feature" were implemented. Spawn armor (already exists), more "Spread out" spawn points so it's harder to camp an area.. etc. I've made maps before, it isn't that hard.

aspen_wrx
06-13-2008, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lethal1940:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NOMAD_183:

You are correct! Vegas 2 does have more serious issues that should be addressed first.

As for Respawns:

There should have been a third option .. discard and rebuild!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To discard and rebuild though...that would take a longer time then to change the re spawns. You're talking about them recalling the game, and having to completely overhaul it. That doesn't work, at all. Doing that they could lose millions of dollars, and that isn't going to happen no matter what. It's just not fathomable, at least the re spawn aspect is
feasible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does nobody at all see what was done with the respawns??? UBI took the "CHEAPEST" way out to take care of the pu$$i3s that complained about being spawn camped instead of learning to play the game. All UBI did was take the spawn module out of THunt, and "DUMPED" it into TDM.
Plain, simple and VERY COST EFFECTIVE FOR UBI!
Did you actually think that they'd spend any more money developing a game that they've already REAPED from?!?
What makes you think that they're going to "fix" it now?
"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, you'll not have the time to fix it"

Joeatlantc2008
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, the good thing about these forums is that UbiSoft reads them daily and takes a vested interest in keeping the people who buy their games happy...

Oh wait - I said that wrong - Ubisoft ignores you once you drop the 60 bucks... and then they get all dodgy even though people complain daily - and have been complaining from day one of the forced update that ruined the team deathmatch gameplay. It seems as if UbiSoft has moved on... without US. And there seems to be no looking back at us gamers that buy their products.

J0071212
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Earlier this week Ubi.Levelup started a thread saying that there will be an announcement at the end of this month and all he could say was "Thank You". Why the secrecy? They closed the thread after 4 pages of people ripping Ubi for their customer service. Unless this announcement involves a "Patch" fixing the spawn issue and some free maps its worthless to me. What's funny to me is that they came out with the "Patch" less than 6 wks after the release, but it has been almost 2 months and they still have not fixed this issue. WTF????

Deadpoolx17
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by J0071212:
Earlier this week Ubi.Levelup started a thread saying that there will be an announcement at the end of this month and all he could say was "Thank You". Why the secrecy? They closed the thread after 4 pages of people ripping Ubi for their customer service. Unless this announcement involves a "Patch" fixing the spawn issue and some free maps its worthless to me. What's funny to me is that they came out with the "Patch" less than 6 wks after the release, but it has been almost 2 months and they still have not fixed this issue. WTF????

10-1 it's something about, "Hey thank you guys for being such loyal customers and enjoying our product. Here's a video of our new game HAWKZ, we hope you enjoy." Honestly Vegas is pretty much done with, and that will be certain on June 23rd. No offense, but this is prolly why a lot of people HATE French Canadians from Montreal. I say we give business to the people who actually respond to their loyal customers, and not the sad and pathetic man children that destroy our fun. HOOORAH!

Jak3y_V
06-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I've been playing rainbow six and ever since Black Arrow though i didnt play that online,. The Random respawns was the dumbiest thing that ever happend. it turned alot of people away from this game and took away from what this game used to be. Take the random respawns away!!

neilthecellist
06-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by J0071212:

Maybe Vegas2 will ship with a map editor...

Dead-Sync
06-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys for your votes and feedback. If Ubisoft spent ANY time to read this thread, or the PM/Support Ticket I filled out, we might be hearing some good news about this in the "secret announcement" we'll be getting soon. Let's just cross our fingers.

In the meantime, if you haven't voted yet, go for it! 106 Votes so far, looking strong!!

cursedknives
06-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I loved this game before, since it came out it had become my favorite shooter (and yes I own the other good ones). But since this patch came out (only just got my system back from a RRoD) I can't play this game anymore. I have never been shot in the back so many times in a single game. You spawn and you don't know where you are, where your allies are and more importantly where your enemies are. So you just wander around hoping that the enemy will turn up in front of you as opposed to behind you. I would even spawn and there would not be a single ally within the mini-map bounds.

Previously if you wanted to get behind the enemy to surprise them and kill them from behind you were either lucky or you had to sneak around behind them. Now you just happen to spawn behind them or they're looking the other way because they have no idea where the enemy is. Plus how can you have any teamwork if you're just as surprised to find them as you are an enemy, and the only reason you didn't kill them is because the bullets you fired upon seeing them didn't kill them.

If they were going to make it random respawns they needed to remake all of their levels to allow for it. The levels are currently structured for base-on-base fighting, because if you're not it just turns into a random hunt. The levels need to be larger and have a circular flow to them. Like Call of Duty 4 every level is big enough so there's space enough for the team to mostly be in a group and it flows that teams are mostly just making circles around the map.