PDA

View Full Version : Damn it, damn it, damn it.

JamesDSidious
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
So, I was on a 7 win, on my way to my 8th playing against some what seemed to be well educated player. it has been a back and forth with both of us capturing the enemy base and recapturing.

during lategame i had mapcontrol and was about to finish him.

he had no money left, three infantry units and a recon. he ran his units around the map, with me following him.

all of the sudden he decides to send me a smiley message and disconnects on me.

great, i have to start my streak again.

dan-1993uk
09-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Im on a 27 win streak now its easy but unlucky about that dashboarder too many bad players.

airborneguy
09-19-2010, 09:55 PM
what was his name, just report him

koolhandluke777
09-19-2010, 10:07 PM
LOL!!!

Thats funny...

jk

Axe99
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Aye, what was their name? That's pretty poor behaviour. The RUSE community isn't large - just tell enough of us, and we can all give him similar treatment until they see the error of their ways http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

BP_Charlie
09-24-2010, 04:36 AM
I've had this problem too, except I don't think it was deliberate. The game just ended 2 seconds in with a you have won message. Annoyingly the awesome match making put me against the same guy next game too, which lasted about 10 minute and was really laggy, before it too gave up.

That cost me a 7 win streak, and that evening I went on to a much higher streak. If the game says I won, it shouldn't then disrupt a win streak. Especially when there's an annoying trophy attached to win streaks that gets more impossible the higher up the ranks you get...

Bad design decision by miles.

GunnersMate07
09-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah its annoying, but it doesnt even matter. The leaderboards are a complete joke (losses actually gain you points instead of taking away points like any other well done strategy leaderboard??? What nonsense is that??? Just use an ELO system the whole way through).

No one will see your win streak anyways, so really it doesnt matter what the stat screen says, its only for your enjoyment and you know what kind of streak you are on.

I have 1 loss in 64 games played, and yet it says my highest win streak is 14. **** happens. At the very least, those invisible wins still count as wins (unlike in some strategy games like Company of Heroes where the notorious drophacks would also give you a loss many times).

BP_Charlie
09-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by GunnersMate07:
Yeah its annoying, but it doesnt even matter...

No one will see your win streak anyways, so really it doesnt matter what the stat screen says, its only for your enjoyment and you know what kind of streak you are on.
Yeah, I'm not fussed about the leader boards, and indeed I wouldn't be fussed about streaks, except for the fact that there's a trophy for a ranked 10 streak. As I play and get ranked up, that is less and less likely, so to have it taken away when I achieved it is really annoying.

Axe99
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by GunnersMate07:
Yeah its annoying, but it doesnt even matter. The leaderboards are a complete joke (losses actually gain you points instead of taking away points like any other well done strategy leaderboard??? What nonsense is that??? Just use an ELO system the whole way through).

Totally agree it's a bit silly - I've gone pretty high up the leaderboards, but I'm quite sure that's more due to me playing a _lot_ of RUSE in the last week (I do win a lot as well, and you get far more points for winning than losing, but an ELO system would suit it far better).

But what BP says still holds - the higher up you go, the more experienced the people you play are, and the less likely you'll get the streak.