PDA

View Full Version : 360?

Tridon17
09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Sounds stupid but its only listed as a Playstation 3 on the website (ubisoft).
Will it be introduced on 360 like it was originaly planed before being canceled?

Kamikaze86
09-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Well, there is a 360 Gamebox on the website. It was released in Japan as well. There is no reason to believe the game will not be released to 360 NA.

corpse25_9
09-06-2008, 08:34 AM
not to start a bad thread but the PS3 has capabilities that the xbox360 can't preform, yet it still wouldn't hurt to see a version for the 360 fans as well.

(please don't cuse me out on this post)

Omega247
09-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Hate to break it to ya mate, but I got both versions JUST to see for myself & well the 360 version is ALOT smoother!

corpse256
09-09-2008, 04:03 PM
hate to break it to ya mate the 360 version has less graphic capabilities so ya its gonna run smoother cause it will gain a higher frame rate.

Omega247
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
your a bit of a fanboy, aint you?
Look not bashing th PS3 BUT, take skate for example and you'll see all those Capabilitys DON'T count for much if the programers DON'T bring they're part!

My PS3 version OFTEN lag-ed SOOOooo bad compared to the 360 version, it just WASN'T funny!

Don't believe me?
Then maybe you should rather rent a 360 and see for your self.
Or else, you ain't got nothing.
Your just making asuptions!

corpse256
09-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes skate was horrible on the PS3, but take into account that it was one game. See the PS3 has its games built differently than the 360. This confuses a lot of programmers and game development teams wanting to put a game they just built for PCs and the 360.

One thing I have seen in games is they try to put so much detail and graphics in games they just make it unplayable, but this wasn't the problem with skate, it was lack of testing and programing. It was like they took the game from the 360 and slapped it on the PS3 with out any changes except a few code changes to fit the format of the PS3.

Kinda stupid huh?

My point is that when it comes to the PS3 it has the graphics capabilities and processing power to do all the cool things they say it does but it needs to be worked in right and it needs to be constantly tested and fixed.

I'm not trying to put down the 360 in any way. But what I'm posting is that the 360 has the capabilities too but having limited hardware and processing power can stop a game from having certain features or dub down graphics or lighting.

Omega247
09-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I have most definatly noticed the dub down graphics or lighting.
And I'm gald you know about the progaraming ( so I don't have to explain it again )

And by all means bash the 360 as much as ya want ... I really don't mind.

BUT I'm just saying that I noticed out of the 2 versions I have the 360's lagged less.
Possibly BECAUSE it was just programed for better.

abayo10
09-14-2008, 06:27 AM
really don't overdo it too much corpse256.
you can dislike it as much as you want.
but the PS3 is ofcourse the stronger one of the the two. but you make it sound like it's a machine from the year 3000.
i have not tested both versions but i don't think it's such a huge difference as you make it seem to be. and it all comes down to programming as both of you stated. PS3 is just much worse to program for.

Omega247
09-14-2008, 10:36 AM
yes ... its rather depressing really.
I mean AC is such a great series BUT cuz the programers get lazy the game suffers and so do the sales http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Meaning the fan base decreases,and so on ... its all a bit of a chain reaction.

I just wish the ps3 versions would FINALY get TROPHIES!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Aquamirage
09-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Im not trying to dis the ps3 cus i really dont have any problems with it, its just not for me.
The reason being that it seems to be a little ahead of the time, which isnt a bad thing, but many developers are not going to be able to utilize the hardware to really make the jaw dropping kind of games you might epect on such a system, heck most of the games on the 360 dont take full advantage of the 360, I played games on the ps3 and 360 and the games really werent that much different so I got the 360 instead of a PS3, just didnt seem worth it to buy the more expensive of the 2, especially since the online support for the 360 is much better in my opinion. the small difference in graphics just doesnt make up for it. Im not ruling the ps3 out, just waiting for the developers to catch up and make some jaw dropping games before i get one.

Anyways, I am really glad to see my favorite mech series on the 360 and cant wait to play it never got a chance to play the armored core 4 but I am really excited to see this game.

Falken095
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by corpse25_9:
not to start a bad thread but the PS3 has capabilities that the xbox360 can't preform, yet it still wouldn't hurt to see a version for the 360 fans as well.

(please don't cuse me out on this post)

"The Xbox 360 seems a little more capable of rendering the game; while frame rate hitches were relatively uncommon on that platform, the PlayStation 3 version seemed more prone to slowdown" - Gamespot

Well, how does it feel now, mate?

obliviondoll
02-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Accurate assessment from a PS3 fanboy:

PS3 capabilities are superior to X360. PS3 system requires major modifications in code for anything multi-platform to run to the best of the system's abilities. If a game is coded for the PS3 and done well, it's be demonstrably superior to an identical game on a 360. But it will also require the program to be almost completely rewritten if you want it ported to another system. Oops.

Part of the way the hardware is designed is that it can emulate the function of conventional systems, which means it can do multiplatform titles without causing too much of a headache for developers, but this will reduce the performance of the system enough that it may as well be inferior to X360. What we need are more well-designed and well-coded PS3 exclusives. Or extensive re-writes when porting to or from PS3 so things work the way they're meant to.

OTSDARVA-
02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
It's all due to lazy developers. They just run a srait port without making the necessary changes.

Personally, I think that getting both versions is a waste. I elected to get the PS3 version simply because I like the button configurations better.

For whatever reason, I don't lag at all. I'm using the wireless conection with a DSL, and I don't lag. Also, It hasn't frozen on me yet.