PDA

View Full Version : Why wine about delays?

maxer6
06-25-2011, 05:51 PM
My fellow ghost recon fans, what means MORE to
you. Having the game now with all of the current flaws you see, or giving them the time they need to make ghost recon the *** kicking tactical shooter franchise its always been? Do you want this to be a shooter you'll trade right back in once you get it, or do you want it to be a game that will be joyfully remembered for years, one that you play until Ubisoft maybe publishes the next one?

some of you may not think the whole series has been great, but thats not the point.

XBGCAMEL
06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Why wine about delays?

its just sour grapes if you ask me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

maxer6
06-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by XBGCAMEL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why wine about delays?

its just sour grapes if you ask me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, nobody likes delays, put if the devs put them to good use, then everyone says "thank god they delayed".

MeanMF
06-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by maxer6:
well, nobody likes delays, put if the devs put them to good use, then everyone says "thank god they delayed".
Or you end up with Duke Nukem Forever... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

FORGOTTEN HER0
06-25-2011, 07:59 PM
If there was currently a delay, I'm sure nobody here would complain. I'm curious as to why this thread has been created today, as I have heard of no new delays. The game has been said to release early next year for quite some time, at least from my understanding.

As well though, what makes you think another delay would make this game more appealing to any of us? Have you seen the 2010 vs 2011 thread? Many of us here agree that the game has taken a turn for the worst since the latest delay. The devs have an interest in making a GR that is like no other GR, no time will change that, at least not during this project. Maybe next time.

A new delay may make GRFS a better game in general, but I have my doubts that it would make for a better GR.

xdarealx
06-25-2011, 09:05 PM
are u kidding me they are delaying is a bad thing ppl are losing interest the more u hold it back the more ppl are going to jump ship to cod or bf they are trying to add way to much to the game the kinect tech is useless noone is goin to use it jus like noone uses the move for socom 4 on ps3 this game has been coming out for the last 2 yrs ubi has been the best in online games ie gr rb6 and splinter cell but they are killing the games thats just my opinion

maxer6
06-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maxer6:
Or you end up with Duke Nukem Forever... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were working on that for much less time than 12 years.

kalenath
06-26-2011, 06:52 AM
FYI, most gamers don't MIND delays. Like some people have said, it USUALLY means that the game company is working hard to get the game as perfect as possible. With Ubisoft? God knows WHAT they have been doing or ARE doing. I don't think I want to now.

We wouldn't have minded if they had come out and SAID 'We need to delay the game again'. We would have grumbled, yes. But we would have accepted it. There probably would have been some whining and screams of annoyance.

Instead, what do we get? A leak in an interview where a DEV says that the game is due out half a year from when we expect it. They were not going to tell us AT ALL. Probably not until the posted release date and MAYBE not even then. After all, if some poor sucker puts money down and -*gasp* doesn't get his game!- why would Ubisoft CARE? They GOT his money. That is ALL that matters to them. All game companies are like that, but MOST at least TRY to keep their community happy. Ubi?

'Pffft. The gamers will stay no matter WHAT we do to the title, right? RIGHT?'

Wrong.

Now, I know that is Ubisoft corporate policy, to remain silent. To not say anything. To basically give fans the mushroom treatment. 'Keep them in the dark and every so often feed them some BS', but enough is enough. They DO NOT communicate. If they had said even 'We changed a bunch of things, bear with us' we likely would have waited.

Instead we get nothing. We get some ugly 'oh wow,super new direction' video that looks almost EXACTLY the same as the last game with some reskinning.

What are we supposed to think.? Oh... Wait... Think.. Bad word...

Sorry, gamers are not supposed to think. We are just supposed to sit in the dark and wait for our dose of BS. Not going to happen, Ubisoft, sorry. I am going to spend my money on a game from a company who DOES pretend they give a rats *** about their players. I might buy this when I see it in a bargain bin, maybe. Or when it hits $5 on Steam. I give it 6 months.

maxer6
06-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by kalenath:
FYI, most gamers don't MIND delays. Like some people have said, it USUALLY means that the game company is working hard to get the game as perfect as possible. With Ubisoft? God knows WHAT they have been doing or ARE doing. I don't think I want to now.

We wouldn't have minded if they had come out and SAID 'We need to delay the game again'. We would have grumbled, yes. But we would have accepted it. There probably would have been some whining and screams of annoyance.

Instead, what do we get? A leak in an interview where a DEV says that the game is due out half a year from when we expect it. They were not going to tell us AT ALL. Probably not until the posted release date and MAYBE not even then. After all, if some poor sucker puts money down and -*gasp* doesn't get his game!- why would Ubisoft CARE? They GOT his money. That is ALL that matters to them. All game companies are like that, but MOST at least TRY to keep their community happy. Ubi?

'Pffft. The gamers will stay no matter WHAT we do to the title, right? RIGHT?'

Wrong.

Now, I know that is Ubisoft corporate policy, to remain silent. To not say anything. To basically give fans the mushroom treatment. 'Keep them in the dark and every so often feed them some BS', but enough is enough. They DO NOT communicate. If they had said even 'We changed a bunch of things, bear with us' we likely would have waited.

Instead we get nothing. We get some ugly 'oh wow,super new direction' video that looks almost EXACTLY the same as the last game with some reskinning.

What are we supposed to think.? Oh... Wait... Think.. Bad word...

Sorry, gamers are not supposed to think. We are just supposed to sit in the dark and wait for our dose of BS. Not going to happen, Ubisoft, sorry. I am going to spend my money on a game from a company who DOES pretend they give a rats *** about their players. I might buy this when I see it in a bargain bin, maybe. Or when it hits $5 on Steam. I give it 6 months.

There is a thing called lawsuit and a thing called media. These things combined in the scenario when somebody's money gets taken can completely screw a company over. And that would happen because that is simply not the way the world works. I'm sure you can call them and ask for a refund. As for your last point what I understand is that Ubi game prices tend to drop.
Overall, You don't know what your talking about. Ubisoft is big corp. and they all have the same rules, although some try more interesting or just better strategies at doing what they do. Sell high, thats all corps talk about in meetings, how to raise the price and make more money without turning people off, and they need to in this economy. Make more people buy it(convince them). Make it so the majority of people are happy. That is the way the real world works. Yes it may unfortunately look like they are headed for the more simple approach in a 3rd person game, in attempt to attract more people, but hopefully they do it right or better, and chances are they will. I have had my disappoints with Ubi games but none have ever turned me off. I have enjoyed them. The only game that I didn't like in the end was End War for the very reasons it was different. It was just too much work in too little time to manage those units properly.

Do not comment. I will not read it nor will anyone else. I'm sorry.

That is all I have to say.

BS PALADIN
06-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I will read it.

kalenath
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Do not comment. I will not read it nor will anyone else. I'm sorry.

That is all I have to say.

I am sure you will TRY not to read it, maxer6. But I will post this just to post it.

As for me now knowing what I am talking about... Maybe I don't. I make mistakes. Almost everyone does. Oh wait... Ubisoft doesn't EVER make mistakes, now do they?

You have your opinion. In your opinion, Ubisoft are gods. They can do no wrong and anyone who disagrees with you or them at all should be at the very least banned from these forums and maybe burned at the stake, right?

In my opinion, they are morons. They chose to take one of the most distinctive, most replayable games EVER made and make it look and play EXACTLY like many shooters out there. I won't buy it until and unless I can be sure that Ubi will not get full price. I won't PIRATE it -I don't do that, although Ubi has made it VERY tempting on occasion- but I will NOT pay full price for what was shown at E3.

You choose to believe the company line, to do was they ask with no questions. Fine. More power to you. When they screw you like they have screwed many of their other players, don't come crying on here expecting sympathy.

My personal feelings about Ubi games have been varied. I LIKED Endwar, as limited as it was. I LOVED OGR, GRAW and GRAW 2. My system sucks so I can't play multiplayer very well. I actually liked HAWX. The original, not the abomination they put out as a sequel. I played every single Splinter Cell game that has come out. Until I got and played Conviction, I was JUST LIKE YOU. An Ubi Fanboy. I enjoyed the single player, but had issues with multiplayer.

Then I got shafted by Ubisoft and started asking questions. I am still trying to find answers for some of my questions and I don't expect to. Ubi doesn't care anymore. And neither do I now.

Your opinion means nothing to me, just as mine means nothing to you. Lets just retreat to neutral corners before one of us writes something that will have the wrath of the mods descend upon us. You may TRY to provoke me, I guarantee you will fail.

I have been insulted by professionals. You are not one.

BTOG46
06-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by XBGCAMEL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why wine about delays?

its just sour grapes if you ask me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should ban you for that terrible 'wine' pun..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ViperKnight1
06-27-2011, 12:46 PM
My fellow ghost recon fans, what means MORE to
you. Having the game now with all of the current flaws you see, or giving them the time they need to make ghost recon the *** kicking tactical shooter franchise its always been? Do you want this to be a shooter you'll trade right back in once you get it, or do you want it to be a game that will be joyfully remembered for years, one that you play until Ubisoft maybe publishes the next one?

some of you may not think the whole series has been great, but thats not the point.
I honestly would prefer a flawed 2010 version than a fixed 2011 version. I have nothing against delays, its when the game is delayed and made worse that really sucks.

PsychoNite
06-29-2011, 10:17 PM
the problem with Ubisoft and delays is that unlike other companies that fine tune what they got, a Ubisoft delay is usually coupled with increase in linearness, increase in features that make the games too easy, a shift to a more noobtastic run and gun style or more frequently, complete disposal of good and innovative ideas for gimmicks.

kalenath
06-30-2011, 03:13 AM
I just figured it out. Took me long enough, I guess I AM an idiot like some people think.

They are not making a game. They are making a somewhat interactive movie. Will it work as either? Dunno.

I am not going to play it. I wanted a GAME.