PDA

View Full Version : No Multiuser Capability??

Tresyk
10-02-2004, 05:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
I just installed Myst Revelation for the second time. The first time my son installed it, and because he didn't have admin privileges I assumed that was why it wouldn't work under my login.

WRONG.

Now that I have installed it under my admin privileges, it shows as a locked-out progam under his login. From this I infer that Myst Revelation will ONLY run under the login of the person who installed it.

Is this correct? Who thought this was a bright idea? When will it be fixed? I'm ticked off. We limit our son's use of the computer by running his login under Parental Control type program. Being only able to use Myst under my login a) defeats this strategy AND b) precludes different members of the household from having their own private game experience, unlike prior versions of the game. This royally sucks.

Tresyk
10-02-2004, 05:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
I just installed Myst Revelation for the second time. The first time my son installed it, and because he didn't have admin privileges I assumed that was why it wouldn't work under my login.

WRONG.

Now that I have installed it under my admin privileges, it shows as a locked-out progam under his login. From this I infer that Myst Revelation will ONLY run under the login of the person who installed it.

Is this correct? Who thought this was a bright idea? When will it be fixed? I'm ticked off. We limit our son's use of the computer by running his login under Parental Control type program. Being only able to use Myst under my login a) defeats this strategy AND b) precludes different members of the household from having their own private game experience, unlike prior versions of the game. This royally sucks.

christiancaron
10-02-2004, 05:57 PM
This should not have anything to do with the game, but with your permissions settings on Windows. You can right-click on the game's folder and assign permissions to read/execute to your son's account and he should be able to run it from his login even if the game has been installed under your account (or vice-versa).