PDA

View Full Version : OMG!, My saves are missing!

Klaevkhar
09-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I just got back into SHIII, decided to got with GWX and GWX-TA

On my first patrol, things are going my way, you'll see when I post the log, but my saves wont load to finish the patrol and the files are showing up as Real audio files...help?!?

Carotio
09-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Hmmm... never seen that myself.
I once had some experience similar so try look in careers_0.cfg in your saves folder and look for the line:
WarOver=false
WarOver=true

It must be WarOver=false!!!
If it's WarOver=true

Then maybe this will solve the problem for you!

Klaevkhar
09-30-2007, 03:58 PM
nope, WarOver=False

the save files in the 0 folder show up ase realaudio files as well

When I choose my profile in SHIII, it allows me to go to the screen where i choose my save files, but the list is empty...

Carotio
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
you said it was your first patrol in this career:

did you alter you boat before leaving on patrol such as upgrade to the better hydrophone?

Probably you din't, but had to ask!

What if you rename the SH3 saves folder to SH3_backup, start the game, make a test career, make a small short patrol = start a new first patrol, then choose dock at without moving the boat, and it should count as a finished patrol, then exit the game and see, if the files in the new saves folder still shows up as RealAudio files.

If yes, then I have almost only one suggestion left, reinstall of game and/or windows!

Klaevkhar
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
just swaped the fish on board, the only other upgrade was h-phones, but didnt want to waste one day at the begining....lemme try that

Klaevkhar
09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
huh....i renamed my career folder, booted up SH
III, chose the renamed career...and there they are.....wierd