PDA

View Full Version : Simple Myst Question

foreversoul507
07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I just rediscovered my dusty copies of Myst and Riven. I just beat myst 1 in two days and I plan on beating Riven soon as well. To my understanding the next step would be Myst III: Exile. My question is, where do I go from here? Do I go to Myst IV: Revelation or should I go through the URU series first? What is the URU series about, I understand that it is different with a third person view approach to the game. Is the URU series just an addon seperate from the Myst 1-5 series? Thanks for the help

EDIT: 1 more question. Why is it that in myst/revelation, the ages are completely unoccupied? I read the books in the library in myst 1, and it describes civilizations, people, and relationships. But when I visit these ages described in the books, its completely empty and deserted. Why is that?

-foreversoul

foreversoul507
07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I just rediscovered my dusty copies of Myst and Riven. I just beat myst 1 in two days and I plan on beating Riven soon as well. To my understanding the next step would be Myst III: Exile. My question is, where do I go from here? Do I go to Myst IV: Revelation or should I go through the URU series first? What is the URU series about, I understand that it is different with a third person view approach to the game. Is the URU series just an addon seperate from the Myst 1-5 series? Thanks for the help

EDIT: 1 more question. Why is it that in myst/revelation, the ages are completely unoccupied? I read the books in the library in myst 1, and it describes civilizations, people, and relationships. But when I visit these ages described in the books, its completely empty and deserted. Why is that?

-foreversoul

Alahmnat
07-08-2005, 01:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foreversoul507:
I just rediscovered my dusty copies of Myst and Riven. I just beat myst 1 in two days and I plan on beating Riven soon as well. To my understanding the next step would be Myst III: Exile. My question is, where do I go from here? Do I go to Myst IV: Revelation or should I go through the URU series first? What is the URU series about, I understand that it is different with a third person view approach to the game. Is the URU series just an addon seperate from the Myst 1-5 series? Thanks for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uru is very much a sort of "spin-off" episode. It's set in the same fictional universe as the other games, but it takes place at a different point in time and revolves around Yeesha rather than Atrus. You can play Revelation without playing Uru, and you can actually play Uru without having played any of the Myst games, though it probably wouldn't make as much sense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">EDIT: 1 more question. Why is it that in myst/revelation, the ages are completely unoccupied? I read the books in the library in myst 1, and it describes civilizations, people, and relationships. But when I visit these ages described in the books, its completely empty and deserted. Why is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, it's been largely assumed that, aside from being unable to integrate characters very well when Myst was made 12 years ago in several people's garages, the in-character reason is that Sirrus and Achenar scoured the Ages and killed off the natives (that, or they simply fled to other locations... Stoneship at least seems to have had that possibility). Revelations Ages are a bit more populated, though I'll let you get through the game before I elaborate too much on that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

foreversoul507
07-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey thanks a lot for the help. I hope I am able to find Myst IV in stores. These classics seem t be getting rare and adventure games just arn't of anyones interest anymore...