PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Sound Errors

Bensam1231
12-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Alright to stat things off I have a X-Fi Fidelity and a s750 (7.1 surround sound system).

Whenever I'm in game the sounds are buggy. Sometimes they don't play, other times it sounds like they're comming from a complete opposite direction they're supposed to, other times sounds that are partially occluded by a object sound like they're going off across the map (too much occlusion), still other times sounds aren't at the right height (sounds that are above you will sound like they're next to you.

I had the same problem with lockdown although it was partially fixed a couple patches in.

I have it setup for 7.1. It's properly configured, works perfectly in CS, RVS, BF2, T2 and just about any other game you can name that uses any sort of positional audio.

This is replicateable. My friend has a pair of headphones and a Audigy 2 ZS. He has the same problems and his computer was setup for headphones. Another friend had a X-Fi Music and a 2.1 system, same problems.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Everyone who has ever cried over being powerless ends up wanting it;
but from the moment you take that power into your hands,
you'll become the one that makes others cry.
Never forget that.</span>

athenian
12-16-2006, 10:22 PM
I have an Audigy 2 ZS with 5.1 headset and I get ALOT of sound bugs. Most of them are like you have already said. Alot of the time it's sound disappearing.

KungFu_CIA
12-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Part of it is the Dare Audio system.

This thing has been with us since 2003, with Raven Shield and the Splinter Cell games. It is NOT a very efficient audio rendering solution, but I bet UBI bought the technology (or developed it themselves) and has too much invested in it to not use it as much as possible.

A lot of the bad performance in games... Like Raven Shield... Can be attributed more to bad sound rendering than actual graphics rendering, or physics processing.

Bensam1231
12-17-2006, 01:19 AM
But audio placement for RVS and for GRAW turned out pretty damn good a couple patches down the road...

Is there a way to change your audio renderer?

I heard people with integrated aren't haveing sound problems at all either which sorta makes me angry.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Everyone who has ever cried over being powerless ends up wanting it;
but from the moment you take that power into your hands,
you'll become the one that makes others cry.
Never forget that.</span>