PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Ranking System - How does it work?

xDIRTY_H4RRYx
09-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Sorry if this is a repeat guys. I'm just too much of a lazy ******* to check, lol.

xDIRTY_H4RRYx
09-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Candy bar for the first person to reply?

usmo_
09-25-2007, 07:05 AM
its simple: win ranked games. i mean come first in ranked solo elim, or have your team win on team elim. you will get more points if your team wins against a team with more highly ranked players. you will lose points if you get pwned by noobs or if you come second or third in a solo match when a lower ranked player finishes above you. a new player like you will get like 200 or 300 points in a match if they beat a load of high ranked players. basically, win all the time. if you realise you are not gonna come first when playing noobs, quiting early will still mean you lose points. i am rank 7 with 4700 points and if i come second or third in a solo ranked elimination match, i might lose 300 points!!! so the better you get, the more you have to win. you might find that you reach a limit, like some of my friends, where you get as good as your ability allows. like you might find everytime you get over 3000 points, you will lose games and fall below 3000, so your points is a direct reflection of how good you are.
if you want fast easy points, pick the last automatic assult rifle on the list before snipers come up, its the most beastly weapon. it will blast guys accross the map in milliseconds and is the best short / mid / long range weapon i find. basically go around running and gunning with that weapon and you cant lose. if it doesnt work straight away, stick with it, it works amazingly well for me so it should work for you too

MAGUS315
10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
WHEN YOU GO UP IN RANK DOES THIS ALLOW YOUR CHARECTER TO BECOME FASTER MOVING, ABLE TO TAKE MORE HITS, AND BETTER WEAPON ACCUARECY?

xDIRTY_H4RRYx
10-12-2007, 02:22 AM
a new player like you will get like 200 or 300 points in a match if they beat a load of high ranked players

Ha ha, I'm unfortunately that high-ranked player LOSING the 300 points. I'm almost a rank 9 on ps3 and I got a 12 on the 360 version - well, maybe not anymore as I sold my 360 4 months ago. Just wasn't sure how it worked on this version. I think the Truskill system incorporates consistency so it gradually becomes harder to lose/gain rank once you've been on a plateau for a while. The ps3 is just a simple calculation of kills vs rank etc from what you say. Do you play on ps3? If so send me a fr. My tag is spankz_yankz but I'm not really a xenophobe, lol.

Black_Widow9
10-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by MAGUS315:
WHEN YOU GO UP IN RANK DOES THIS ALLOW YOUR CHARECTER TO BECOME FASTER MOVING, ABLE TO TAKE MORE HITS, AND BETTER WEAPON ACCUARECY?
Magu- Don't post in all caps.