PDA

View Full Version : Laggy mouse cursor and map portion of game, anyone else?

mfdoomz
05-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Ive had this game since yesterday. Ive started and tried out 5 different missions. In the first 3 missions ive tried, the mouse cursor moved really slow and laggy, but those missions were still playable, but just slow and laggy. My 4 mission, tears for ossur i think its called. the mouse cursor was so slow and laggy I could not play the mission at all, it would take 10 seconds for the cursor just to move.

The 5th mission, oddly enough, worked 100% fine, no lag, slowdown or freezing, no problems with the mouse cursor.

So i see this game is obviousy very buggy. And on the gamegaqs site, lots of people are having problems too.

I have a 128 mb ddr radeon 9600 se video card, 512 mb ram, and 1.6 processor, while this isnt state of the art, i can play world of warcraft, with graphic sliders turned up, and run it %95 lag free. Even when running 40 player vs 40 player battlegrounds.

When ive played Heroes of MM 5 , I like always when i play games, turned off any programs running in backround that would slow down my pcs performance, and also restarted my pc, ran virus and spyware programs and still have these problems.

Anyone else on this board notice problems like this? And is there any patches yet? Or any in th e near furtue? Anything I can do at the moment to make the game play better? (Besides buying some alienware pc heh)

sirboba
05-26-2006, 05:45 PM
try turning on hardware mouse. its in the options menu, under video options I believe.

I didn't think it was an issue, but I tried turning hardware mouse off one day and it felt laggier, so it could be that.

also try turning down resolution.

I find that if I'm in a certain camera angle (where you zoom in and do a 45% or whatever angle), the game can get quite laggy since it's showing off a large part of the world (even though u cant see it, the mini map shows that it's displaying far away areas).

so watch the camera angle too. I usually have it at the farthest zoom, with a top down angle. sometimes it can get laggy in the forest map, but gets better if zoomed in since less poly are being displayed.

disk1487
05-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I have also had a laggy mouse. Also now my money which is at 4000 a day went to 400 and now is at 0

Elrath.com
05-26-2006, 06:14 PM
the mouse goes slow because it is ran by the software, change it to hardware mouse in the options and it will run as fast as your desktop mouse odes.

mfdoomz
05-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks guys, I tried that, loaded up the mission the was unplayable, now its working so far, and not having any slowdow or cursor lagging. Have to play a lil bit more later on see if the problems I had haves stopped or what not.

Im so happy thats its not all laggy and slow like it was earlier today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif thanks