PDA

View Full Version : Mission Failed message, but Apply button available?

Joker1701
12-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked before, maybe even by myself.

I recently flew a mission in IL2 and go the Mission Failed onscreen. I continued anyways, and after I finally landed some time later, the Apply button was available, telling me that indeed I passed the mission.

Is this a bug or something else? Just wondering why I had the Mission Failed but somehow was able to complete the mission.

Thanks

Joker1701
12-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked before, maybe even by myself.

I recently flew a mission in IL2 and go the Mission Failed onscreen. I continued anyways, and after I finally landed some time later, the Apply button was available, telling me that indeed I passed the mission.

Is this a bug or something else? Just wondering why I had the Mission Failed but somehow was able to complete the mission.

Thanks

dieg777
12-06-2004, 02:36 PM
theree is a toggle in the difficulty settings called no instant success if it is off you dont need mission complete to carry on

Tully__
12-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Most likely is what dieg777 suggested, you have the "No Instant Mission Success" difficulty setting turned off. If this is the case you can progress to the next mission profided you're alive and not captured at the end of the last.

The second possibility applies only to missions you downloaded. Some mission designers do some funky things with mission goals that sometimes confuse the scoring system. I'm not sure if this could result in what you're seeing or not.

Joker1701
12-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Ah okay, I think it is off. Thanks!