PDA

View Full Version : Game Won't Start

Ka-Wiz_L
02-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Hi all, I have an issue with Dark Messiah - namely, it won't even load. Singleplayer is the only one where I have this problem, multi loads and connects perfectly.

System specs:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 76 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256mb
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Harmon/Kardon
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: Laser
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Version of game: Retail & Steam [tried both, neither worked with Singleplayer]

I reinstalled all the latest nVidia drivers, but I don't believe this is the problem seeing as Multi starts and runs without difficulty.
The error message I get says "mm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send report to Microsoft yadda yadda yadda...." So I'm not exactly sure of the nature of the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: The demo [single and multi] worked fine so I'm almost positive it doesn't have to do with my video card.

Ka-Wiz_L
02-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Hi all, I have an issue with Dark Messiah - namely, it won't even load. Singleplayer is the only one where I have this problem, multi loads and connects perfectly.

System specs:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 76 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256mb
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Harmon/Kardon
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: Laser
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Version of game: Retail & Steam [tried both, neither worked with Singleplayer]

I reinstalled all the latest nVidia drivers, but I don't believe this is the problem seeing as Multi starts and runs without difficulty.
The error message I get says "mm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send report to Microsoft yadda yadda yadda...." So I'm not exactly sure of the nature of the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: The demo [single and multi] worked fine so I'm almost positive it doesn't have to do with my video card.

Ka-Wiz_L
02-17-2007, 10:49 PM
So, 2 days later and no tech support response. lol, reminds me of Sony Online tech support. Anyway, anyone else here that has fixed this problem and can help me? It's a long and painful process to get my money back and I really don't want to go through that, I played the beta and it worked and it was awesome, I just wanna play some singleplayer lol.

Cya peepz later, hope someone can help.

Ka-Wiz_L
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Helloooooooooooooooooooo?

ANY suggestions?

VenomKing666
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
well i dotn know how to fix thisone but this problem have been talked about alot... search trough the forum, you might find something...

njnyposp
02-22-2007, 09:56 AM
U can't compare the demo to the actual game. The demo is only 1/10 the size of the game. Just because the demo works does not mean the game will work. The demo worked for me the game did not. Other people had the same problem and yet some others had NO problem. The demo has nothing to do with it. I read somewhere, can't remember where, there is some kind of issue with the 6800 cards. Try searching on it. Don't know if there was a solution added.

Ka-Wiz_L
02-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Okay, even if the demo worked but had nothing to do with the full game, that doesn't explain why multi works and single doesn't. I'm pretty sure they use the same engine, lol. But I'll check that out anyways, thanks for the tip.

Seba99
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I had a simular problem. I set everything to low, and my screen size to 800x600. It still has problems, and barely plays, but it works I guess..

Ka-Wiz_L
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
How do you set the settings outside of the game? mine doesnt even start, i mean no opening movie or menu or anything. the screen doesn't even go black.

njnyposp
02-22-2007, 11:19 PM
You might also need to know that the single player and the multiplayer were not developed by the same team. Arkane did the SP and KUJU did the MP. So it is quite possible as has been reported by many others that they are able to get one to work but not the other. This game is so screwed up that this is not going to be easy. It's going to require a lot of work on your part because the neither UBI/ARKANE or KUJU seem to be able to do much about the problem. Make sure u have the SP patches 1.01 & 1.02 and the MP patch 1.04. There was supposed to be a 1.03 SP patch but we haven't heard squat from them. They dont answer in the forum and they dont answer the numerous e-amils we sent them with specific system specifications in an attempt to help them help us. It seems they just gave up and why not they got their money. If ur willing to roll up ur sleeves and dig in, there is a lot of info here to help you with. Start here: http://www.tweakguides.com/DMOMM_1.html
and see if you can locate some info specific to your problem. It's a big site but chock full of good info. I'm sure the others on the forum will try to assist us as well. We seems to be all we have. The other option is forget the game and try to get ur money back.