PDA

View Full Version : I don't care what Suda51 says

HMKillla
02-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Man, No More Heroes 2 was everything I wanted except a great ending....it can't end like this it needs more..... He need to bring back Travis, and I know what he said about this is his final story and the final game on wii, but I'm mean, its doing so well, and all great things End in Trilogies, right?
Just one more Suda, one more with Travis, one more on Wii, Let us Punk to Santa Destroy one more time!
Who's with me?

daniel13789
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I'M WITH YOU!

Shinobu0987
02-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Dude I agree with you. We need to see Travis atleast one last time before he's gone for good.That ending was too ... unsatisfactory especially since it didn't match the hype they made iver it, By the way did he ever incorporate the Wii motion plus ?

gametaku
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
If there is another game with Travis, just know that he's going to be depressed. The NMH games are satire for video games. The first one was fresh and started off deliciously.

Travis's motivation was beating the game, but when he made it to the end he realized that he didn't exactly do things right. That he, the gamer, was duped. That's why when we become #1 it's not treated with the same type of hoopla as the other rank ups.

The second one had him returning for revenge. Even after he discovers that the other side of the story acted out of revenge he still had to finish it. We the gamers had to drag Travis through something that we started and once again he got what he "wanted" and in every way relevant to the game too!

Why would he fight in the third game? It will more than likely be in a role that turns him closer into being a real assassin. He'll be forced into the role of a hero and made to truly protect Santa destroy. The only dealie there is that it may more than likely be a ruse just to make him fight. He'll really lose it. It'll be equivalent to Neku giving up at the end of The World Ends With You. If there's another NMH, Travis really will die or at least become soul-less somehow. Do we really want that?

Suda51 has made some very brilliant games. Let him bring us something new! It's already bad enough we can't play Fatal Frame IV.

Bamb0o-stick
03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
If hypothetically Travis is the main protagonist in the third game, he could try going against the UAA. They seem pretty high financed and have plenty of manpower and firepower to boot. Have you seen those guys that come clean up with Sylvia? They looks pretty dangerous in my opinion. With the way things were with Travis in the second game he really hates the whole assassin ranking sport and wants it gone.

Did Suda 51 specifically say he won't bring back Travis, or just that he won't be the main protagonist? I wouldn't mind if he plays more of a side character or make a cameo in the game universe.

hcig
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Did you guys actually see the whole ending?

i mean, even the post-credits video?

I seriously have no idea how people didnt like this ending, just from the last video in the strip club, you can figure out (with ease) everything that happened.

to help out:
SPOILERS:
<STRIKE>-travis leaves again, hoping to leave santa destroy forever this time
-with batt jr dead, the business that made the new santa destroy is gone, and so santa destroy is ruined, with no one able to pay the debt, its economy crashes, and the UAA is left unfunded, and unable to find assassins
-sylvia is forced to start working in a private strip club to survive
-travis continues to visit her until she finally breaks down and begs to hear his voice, on the day that the club is set to be closed, and sylvia will lose her job
-sylvia and travis are finally together, and will leave together to start a new life, and restore santa destroy</STRIKE>

Bamb0o-stick
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Where did you get the information that the UAA is financed by Pizza Bat? Travis could've just as well have taken down the UAA himself after the end of the game. He promised to Sylvia in the game that he would destroy it after killing Alice. Maybe he actually did and that drove Sylvia out of a job. Maybe him revealing himself at the end was a way of finally forgiving her.

There are also some loose ends, like what about Sylvia's child Jeane, the whereabouts of Shinobu and Henry.

hcig
03-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Bamb0o-stick:
Where did you get the information that the UAA is financed by Pizza Bat? Travis could've just as well have taken down the UAA himself after the end of the game. He promised to Sylvia in the game that he would destroy it after killing Alice. Maybe he actually did and that drove Sylvia out of a job. Maybe him revealing himself at the end was a way of finally forgiving her.

There are also some loose ends, like what about Sylvia's child Jeane, the whereabouts of Shinobu and Henry.

im sorry, but this argument is weak

1. sylvia says in the start of the game that the batt corp is financing the UAA

2.travis took down the UAA while avenging bishop, i said that in the above post

3.sylvia's child jeane isnt even canon, as revealed in the second cutscene of the game, travis never had sex with her, this was all a tease, it was even closed with "too bad there will never be a sequel"

4.we dont need to care about shinobu and henry, because they are obviously the protagonists of the next game. suda said it was no more travis, and since shinobu and henry have become fan favorites, its only natural, why would you end the story of two major characters that have yet to get proper game time?

GabrielNMH
03-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I actually think it was a good ending, and some things you had to imply, as for a third NMH I think it would be great if they followed the story of Kimmy Howell and her efforts to continue or revive the Assasins rankings or a bunch of frustrated assasins who couldn't rank up because the UAA was destroyed and they all want to find Travis for revenge and Kimmy trying to get to him before the rest, it could take another direction, instead of a Punktaku it could be very girly as a nice contrast with the killings, she could have a super innocent, girly looking room, and heck even the cover could be Kimmy writing in her diary in a plush filled room, just to mess with peoples heads.