PDA

View Full Version : Next Ghost Recon to be 1st person only???...*link*

MaynardJames82
12-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Microsofts counter to Metal Gear Solid 4...could be the next Ghost Recon or something similar!

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-95805.aspx
BE SURE TO CLICK ON READ FULL STORY>> (http://www.gameguru.in/features/2007/29/rumor-101-microsofts-metal-gear-for-the-xbox-360/)

flaco25ml
12-30-2007, 01:28 AM
HMMM...very interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I wish they would bring Metal Gear to 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

WhiteKnight77
12-30-2007, 06:17 AM
Remember that GR started out as a first person shooter and not a 3rd person shooter.

Paddock
12-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah but I like the 3rd person view. You get a more interactive and better "feel" for your character.

MeanMF
12-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Smells like Bungie to me....

xSKYCOWBOYx
12-30-2007, 08:02 AM
i remember someone going to mirosoft or was it microsoft owened bungie. hmmm i wonder if there is any connection.

sounds like a game focused on single player anyway.

BS PALADIN
12-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Not a chance this is GR4.

Its nothing like MGS and UBI would never release a game on just xbox 360 without a massive fee from MS.

snapkracklepop
12-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a new IP to me. If they tried to make GR4 like MGS I don't think many people would be happy.

AI BLUEFOX
12-30-2007, 06:42 PM
That's a pretty big leap of imagination!

M$ in talks with unknown studio about a game to rival Metal Gear + they haven't decided on 1st or 3rd person for that game = GR4 could be 1st person. ????

Either blind optimism on Maynard's part or a ruse to start another round of view wars.

XxCH0NGxX
12-30-2007, 08:03 PM
You know what that game most likely is?

Rogue Warrior. That game has been under complete silence from Bethesda and by Zombie Studios. They wont even confirm that they are even still working on the title. Only the Boss man himself Richard Marcinko will confirm that the game is still being worked on.

Rogue Warrior was originally said to be both 1st person with weapon view, or 3rd person. Rogue Warrior is also supposed to utilize stealth tactics beyond anything Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, or Ghost Recon have ever been able to achieve. Rogue Warrior is supposed to allow you to slit an enemy sentie's throat, hide is body, take his radio, or leave him as bait with a bit of C4 hiding under his torso. Rogue Warrior is also supposed to have the ability for the enemy to come check on a guard since they are not responding to radio calls. They have even said that unlike in Ghost Recon, you will be able to remain stealth and unseen when in the shadows.

Everything I read in that article suggests that they are talking about Rogue Warrior. They didn't mention anything about that the game they were talking about was a Ubisoft Title. They even bashed the next Splinter Cell, in saying that it won't have enough power to match up against Metal Gear.

They don't make any mention at all as to what studio it is making the game. I think part of the reason Rogue Warrior has been so delayed is that Zombie I think stopped working on the game. Their website recently showed no mention at all of Rogue Warrior. Though, Marcinko himself assures me that the game is still under construction. Yes I have spoken with the Rogue Warrior himself via email several times in the past. He assured me that this game will blow everyones minds. That's why I believe that the article is about Rogue Warrior. It's the only game set to release in the near future that will offer pure, unpresidented stealth, and that has been said to have the ability of either 1st, or 3rd person. Sounds like they havent decided yet which view point to make the game.

XxCH0NGxX
12-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Another thing in the article that caught my eye, is that, they say the game is set in the future with mentions of real time events that have occured in the recent past.

Rogue Warrior is supposed to be set in North Korea. Where you go in as Richard Marcinko, with his squad mates that he acually served with, into the North to recover intel on their Nuclear program. The North attacks the South, and war breaks out between the two sides, preventing any immediate extraction of your SEALS back to safe terroritory. They say that it is up to you and your squad to make it back past enemy lines, with only what you carry on your backs, and what you can pick up along the way.

That's another reason I believe that article is talking about Rogue Warrior. Set in the future, with mention of recent past events(North Korean Nuclear Program).

snapkracklepop
12-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
You know what that game most likely is?

Rogue Warrior. That game has been under complete silence from Bethesda and by Zombie Studios. They wont even confirm that they are even still working on the title. Only the Boss man himself Richard Marcinko will confirm that the game is still being worked on.

Rogue Warrior was originally said to be both 1st person with weapon view, or 3rd person. Rogue Warrior is also supposed to utilize stealth tactics beyond anything Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, or Ghost Recon have ever been able to achieve. Rogue Warrior is supposed to allow you to slit an enemy sentie's throat, hide is body, take his radio, or leave him as bait with a bit of C4 hiding under his torso. Rogue Warrior is also supposed to have the ability for the enemy to come check on a guard since they are not responding to radio calls. They have even said that unlike in Ghost Recon, you will be able to remain stealth and unseen when in the shadows.

Everything I read in that article suggests that they are talking about Rogue Warrior. They didn't mention anything about that the game they were talking about was a Ubisoft Title. They even bashed the next Splinter Cell, in saying that it won't have enough power to match up against Metal Gear.

They don't make any mention at all as to what studio it is making the game. I think part of the reason Rogue Warrior has been so delayed is that Zombie I think stopped working on the game. Their website recently showed no mention at all of Rogue Warrior. Though, Marcinko himself assures me that the game is still under construction. Yes I have spoken with the Rogue Warrior himself via email several times in the past. He assured me that this game will blow everyones minds. That's why I believe that the article is about Rogue Warrior. It's the only game set to release in the near future that will offer pure, unpresidented stealth, and that has been said to have the ability of either 1st, or 3rd person. Sounds like they havent decided yet which view point to make the game. I don't think it is Rogue warrior. Rogue warrior is supposed to be a squad based tactical shooter and I don't think that any squad based shooter would be slated as competition to MGS. From what the early articles said of rogue warrior the view was an option between fp and OTS. By the way, bethsida still has rogue warrior on their website last I checked. The only think in that article that could connect to rogue warrior is the part about politics, but that doesn't mean anything. As several games are dealing with politics.

XxCH0NGxX
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/roguewarrior/new...newsfeatures;title;1 (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/roguewarrior/news.html?sid=6160579&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1)

Read this article. It makes mention of exactly what the other article talks about. 1st person/3rd person. Mention of recent past events, with a fictional storyline set in the future.

XxCH0NGxX
12-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think it is Rogue warrior. Rogue warrior is supposed to be a squad based tactical shooter and I don't think that any squad based shooter would be slated as competition to MGS. From what the early articles said of rogue warrior the view was an option between fp and OTS. By the way, bethsida still has rogue warrior on their website last I checked. The only think in that article that could connect to rogue warrior is the part about politics, but that doesn't mean anything. As several games are dealing with politics

1st off, Bethesda does have it on their website. Though, if you call them, they won't even speak a single word about the game at all. I didn't say anything about the info not being on Bethesda's website, I said Zombie Studio's website.

The last time I spoke to the developer's at Zombie Stuidio's, they told me that they had to push the release title back, because they were having some difficulties deciding a couple things about the game. This makes me believe they couldn't decide whether to make the game 1st or 3rd person.

And a squad based shooter can be slated against MGS because they are talking about stealth in both.

Yes alot of games do have politics in their storylines, but Rogue Warrior makes a clear mention of recent politics. And yes it does mean everything. That's all the boss man writes about in his books. Go to his website, the first thing you'll see on the top right corner of his site is top headlines about recent war related political articles.

The most important thing that does connect Rogue Warrior with this mystery title in the article is STEALTH. Rogue Warrior is all about stealth, as is Splinter Cell and as is MGS. Regardless if one is squad based, and the others are single player. And they know damn well they can't compare any stealth title to Ghost Recon, because Ghost Recon isn't about stealth anymore. It hasn't been for a long time, and probably won't be for a long time. Everyone knows this. Half the singleplayer and coop missions have you killing everyone on the map, and shooting the hell out of everything. Hell there are few missions where they tell you to aquire intel, then tell you to kill everything remaining. That's not Recon. That's Rambo.

snapkracklepop
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I didn't say that you said anything about bethesda. I was just giving further proof that the game is still being worked on. I'm not saying that it couldn't be rogue warrior. It just sounds more like a new unannounced IP.

XxCH0NGxX
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
On 12/28/07, our family got a preview of the Rogue Warrior game and all I can say is ... **** Hot!! Lots of "blood and Guts"!

CURRENT PLANS:
- Big Prom to media in late Feb to Early March 2008.

- Continue to fold multiple engineering efforts into the graphic flow

- Actor "Mickey Rourke" is the "VOICE" of Rogue Warrior.

- Late September distribution and prep for release.

- Available Christmas 2008

I will keep everyone advised of promo tours, media events, etc.

Nancy

This is is another reason I believe the article is talking about Rogue Warrior. D.i.c.k. Marcinko recently went to bethesda to preview the game for himself. I'll ask them if Microsoft was there. If they say yes, then there is proof that the article is talking about RW.

XxCH0NGxX
12-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by snapkracklepop:
I didn't say that you said anything about bethesda. I was just giving further proof that the game is still being worked on. I'm not saying that it couldn't be rogue warrior. It just sounds more like a new unannounced IP.

ok. well the unannounced part of it also sounds like it could be Rogue Warrior too though. D.i.c.k.'s family said in Feb. there will be a major Media unveiling of the game. Maybe that's why in the article they don't make any mention of who is working on it, when it comes out, or even the name of the game itself. That's also why I think Bethesda won't tell us anything about the game when we call. They are probably trying to keep everything under wraps until the major media announcement.

MeanMF
12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Rogue Warrior is not unannounced.

RawKryptonite
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
It seems absolutely impossible to notice that Microsoft is unfazed by Metal Gear Solid 4, the titan of all games released during the year on the PS3. Splinter Cell: Conviction might not be powerful enough to scratch our beloved Solid Snake, so Microsoft has decided to bring something as brilliant as the game on the 360.Word has it that the company is in collaboration with a highly talented studio that can give their 360 something way better than Snake.

There is nothing about this that says squad based or tactical to me, much less Ghost Recon. Sounds like just another solo super soldier game to me. Even the current GR games aren't THAT far gone. I *hope* this doesn't refer to the next GR game, that would be the final leap into the void. I hope it has nothing to do with Rogue Warrior for the same reason.

MaynardJames82
01-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
[QUOTE]That's not Recon. That's Rambo.

Nice, I say if GR4 ends up being just another GRAW...they should change the name to Ghost Rambo, because the only thing ghostly about GRAW is that online opponents rarely ever see the person that kills them...cause they're hiding behind a rock!

Jiminy323
01-01-2008, 03:55 PM
yeah down with 3rd person ****

XxCH0NGxX
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
Rogue Warrior is not unannounced.

right, but it's been over a year since it was announced, so they might as well reannounce it.

XxCH0NGxX
01-03-2008, 10:25 PM
and all i care about is my friend gets back from Iraq in November just in time for Rogue Warrior to come out. Next holiday season is going to be a good season.