PDA

View Full Version : Music for the Radio or Gramophone?

Bextu
04-28-2007, 08:16 PM
What do you think are some good songs for the gramophone? Here's a few I've tried. I think chase music or mood catching music is needed. Please add to the list...

- Mars the bringer of War
- The Desert chase from Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Requiem for a Dream
- David Bowie: Catpeople (Slow version)
- Genesis: Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
- Kashmir by the London Symphony Orchestra
- Various Pink Floyd
- Peter Gabriel: Birdy soundtrack (entire album)

onomatopeia
04-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Billie Holliday - I cover the waterfront

Dark_Smoggie
04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I've got playing when I go 'hunting'

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
American Head Charge - A Violent Reaction
Rammstein - Feuer Frei! (to fool the Japs in thinking that its a German sub not an Americain one)
Marilyn Manson - The Fight Song + a few more

and when a ship gets sunk
OPM - Fish Out Of Water

nisqatsi
04-29-2007, 12:47 AM
When the situation becomes realy exciting: 'The Battle' from 'The Gladiator' soundtrack, that's all my ingame music.

Bextu
04-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by nisqatsi:
When the situation becomes realy exciting: 'The Battle' from 'The Gladiator' soundtrack, that's all my ingame music.

Good Choice

delta_echo_papa
04-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Pink Floyd: Echoes

Davd H

Flamewagon
04-29-2007, 10:50 AM
'You're a sap mr jap' - Spike Jones and his city slickers

cantuseniciwant
04-30-2007, 05:39 AM
nah, ya gotta use stuff from that era, tho i anin't gonna argue with delta http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wabbit_Huntn
04-30-2007, 05:50 AM
I tend to play music closer to the era

Sink The Bismarck - Johnny Horton

Battle Of New Orleans - Johnny Horton

High Hopes - Frank Sinatra

Puttin' On The Ritz - Irvin Berlin

Turning Japanese - Kinks

War - CCR (war protest song lol)

Snoopy vs The Red Baron - ?

I'm Sitting On Top Of The World - Al Jolson

Anchors Away - Glenn Miller Band

It Don't Mean A Thing If It Don't Have That Swing - Louis Armstrong

-------------------------------------------------

ltjay1945
05-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Wabbit Hunter is right, music should be in regards to the era, also where and how do you load the music wanted.

Thanks.

tenakakhan_1981
05-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I play Royksopp, Leftfield and Zero 7 stuff - kinda weird cruising the Pacific listening to "Poor Leno", but it's all fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tenakakhan_1981
05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh and apologies for the double post :- ltjay you need to copy all the tracks you want into C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH4 WOTP\Data\Sounds and then into both the Gramophone and Radio folders. Then you get custom tunes galore.

PLANEMAD
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
hi does any one have any 40s music to download for the radio & gramophone??

bunkerratt
05-08-2007, 10:22 AM
http://hosted.filefront.com/bunkerratt

Flamewagon
05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I have made use of Bunkerratts file and can recommend them, I also use my CD collection of jazz and swing music. Would also recommend Midge Williams who in the early 30's sung popular songs in Japanease such as Saint Louis Blues and Dinah. For fun and poking the enemy in the eye check out Spike Jones and his City slickers 1940's hits.

Bextu
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ltjay1945:
Wabbit Hunter is right, music should be in regards to the era, also where and how do you load the music wanted.

Thanks.

I disagree about the era music point, I think you need mood music such as nisqatsi said The Battle from Gladiator is a good choice. But to answer your question just plop an MP3 file into the graophone or radio folder in your SH4 folder and click on the icon in the game to activate.

hardcase1947
05-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I have the Galdiator CD. I seem to have a scartching sound. Is that common for using the gramaphone?

Pr0metheus 1962
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I have:

All of Me - Charlie Parker
But not for Me - Chet Baker
Stardust - Dave Brubeck
Stormy Weather - Ethel Waters
La Paloma - Hans Albers
J'attendrai - Rina Ketty
Let's Misbehave - Irving Aaronson
Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller
Stardust - Tommy Dorsey
String of Pearls - Glenn Miller
Sunny Side Up - Vic Endor
Lili Marleen - Zarah Leander

Bextu
05-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by hardcase1947:
I have the Galdiator CD. I seem to have a scartching sound. Is that common for using the gramaphone?
Yes, it's a realisim thing I guess.

ltjay1945
05-09-2007, 07:16 AM
I agree, listen to the music yhat you like best, but also music for that time was not produced by starwars, keep thimgs in perspective is all I am saying.
Originally posted by Bextu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ltjay1945:

Thanks.

I disagree about the era music point, I think you need mood music such as nisqatsi said The Battle from Gladiator is a good choice. But to answer your question just plop an MP3 file into the graophone or radio folder in your SH4 folder and click on the icon in the game to activate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pr0metheus 1962
05-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Simulation enthusiasts will prefer period music while more casual players will like whatever music they like. There's room for all tastes.

hardcase1947
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Period radio...from a ww2online buddy. I posted this earlier but worth a bump. Is war tunes radio broadcase..ie..Morrow's rooftop broadcast during the blitz etc. Take a listen at

Sorry it is VIP only now..my bad

http://www.live365.com/stations/148099

scetoaux
05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Bextu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hardcase1947:
Yes, it's a realisim thing I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You just answered my question. I was going to ask if the poor audio quality for gramophone files is put into place by the sim, or if it has to be implemented into the audio files itself.

Doenitz2008
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have the background music from "Das Boot" (the patrol music) or know where it can be found ?

green_abobo
08-19-2008, 10:27 PM
how do you put music in the gramophone? is it a mod? thanx.

Yooperbacker
08-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Hello green abobo,
Click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/8691096416) and it will take you to the post that has the gramophone mods. It explains what they are and how to install them.

dgrayson
08-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by green_abobo:
how do you put music in the gramophone? is it a mod? thanx.

The Gramophone will play any mp3, wav or ogg file. You can use a Gramophone MOD to do this or you can just drop the music files into the Gramaphone Folder, That is what the MODs do.

Go to: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Sound\Gramophone and you will see this:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z107/davegrayson/To%20Forum/Before.jpg

This is after the "Gramophone One" MOD has been enabled:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z107/davegrayson/To%20Forum/after.jpg

Dave