PDA

View Full Version : Display Driver atikmdag stopped responding, succesfully recovered.

Dazzo1987
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
So I have had this happen to me twice now, the first when i entered Mike's Bar, and 2nd when I entered the AFP HQ building. Had been playing for an hour in the open country, as soon as I enter HQ i get a black screen, by pressing Alt Tab i get back to windows where it gives me the error, and windows says it is caused by a ATI graphics card driver (recently installed the new 08.10 driver (not got the hotfix)If i try to just keep playing with out alt tab to windows the whole pc just locks up and have to restart.

This is the error what occurs http://www.repairyourpcnow.com/resources/atikmdag-has-stopped-responding.php

Any help appreciated, i think it is just this game, as my dad played COD4 for 3 hours last night with no problems.

Dazzo1987
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
So I have had this happen to me twice now, the first when i entered Mike's Bar, and 2nd when I entered the AFP HQ building. Had been playing for an hour in the open country, as soon as I enter HQ i get a black screen, by pressing Alt Tab i get back to windows where it gives me the error, and windows says it is caused by a ATI graphics card driver (recently installed the new 08.10 driver (not got the hotfix)If i try to just keep playing with out alt tab to windows the whole pc just locks up and have to restart.

This is the error what occurs http://www.repairyourpcnow.com/resources/atikmdag-has-stopped-responding.php

Any help appreciated, i think it is just this game, as my dad played COD4 for 3 hours last night with no problems.

DarthJalapeno
10-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Had the same issue with nvidia drivers 180.43. Happend once out in the wild.

Dazzo1987
10-28-2008, 07:27 AM
Do you think it damages your pc? Or just more of an annoyance?

Dazzo1987
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Anyone else have the problem/possible fix?

dupank
12-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I have a nvidia geforce 8800 gts card and i'm having a similar issue. My screen goes black, i can still hear sound, after 20-30 seconds the screen comes back and I can play for another few minutes before it happens again. On my desktop I get this error: "display driver stopped responding and has recovered." It seemed to start after I installed the v1.01 patch for fc2. I updated my video driver to the latest for vista 32-bit (180.48) from the nvidia site and that seemed to fix it for a day. Now it is happening again. It's hard to believe that any company would release such a bug-filled game. I hear nothing but complaints, which is too bad because I really enjoy playing it when it works.

dupank
12-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I have DirectX 10