PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes

skydive1955
03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I have a P4 2.53ghz, 1meg ram & an ATI 9700 Pro video card. Game plays but crashes at random. It either shuts down back to the desktop or reboots completely. Have loaded latest BIOS for mobo and Catalyst 5.3 for card....still crashes. Sound is onboard AC97 I believe. Motherboard is an Abit sr7-8x. Any suggestions from anyone would be grateful.
Regards,
Charlie

columbo12345678
03-28-2005, 09:46 AM
i have similair problems, i doubt there is anything you can do to your system to fix it, this game has some serious issues.

ubi.. fix it now!

Beuf_Ninja
03-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Apart from the Nvidia issues and lost saves this game runs perfect on my amd2600,abitkd7,fx5900xt. My advice is get ahold of prime95 and Memtest86 it could be your hardware, my xp3200 (which SHIII crashed in the menu one time, and every single other time aswell)ran Il2 fine, Race driver2 fine, lockon, doom3(few crashes not many though)and X2 but this game is a huge arithmetic game and if your system contains any defective components it will collapse.

I got SHIII to run on the KD7 with 512mb pc2700 ram,gfrce4800,the amd 2600 and onboard sound(AC'97) no crashes, why? Because those were all components i'd bought from reputable retailers like ebuyer and komplett!

Fraukaputt
03-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Happens the same, dont know why some idiot decided to bring this game out when is so filled of bugs. The patch doesnt fixes almost anything, and before any moderator writes a dumb answer, i have a pentium IV 3Ghz,1.5Gb RAM, 150 Gb HDD, Geforce FX 5900 XT all with the latest drivers, and when playing (mainly when there are other boats near), the game fully reboots my computer without any error window.
By the way, great work on the particles: the prismatics and UZO are useless

eddie_wood
03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fraukaputt:
Happens the same, dont know why some idiot decided to bring this game out when is so filled of bugs. The patch doesnt fixes almost anything, and before any moderator writes a dumb answer, i have a pentium IV 3Ghz,1.5Gb RAM, 150 Gb HDD, Geforce FX 5900 XT all with the latest drivers, and when playing (mainly when there are other boats near), the game fully reboots my computer without any error window.
By the way, great work on the particles: the prismatics and UZO are useless <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you applied the 1.1 Patch? Have you used Ctrl P when using the UZO?

Reboots? You *definately* have a driver problem.

Pentallion
03-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I also have the AC97 and was having random reboots. Then I started up the game from the .exe file instead of Autorun and the random reboots stopped.

Unfortunately, now it reboots my PC the moment I hit Exit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

eddie_wood
03-28-2005, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pentallion:
I also have the AC97 and was having random reboots. Then I started up the game from the .exe file instead of Autorun and the random reboots stopped.

Unfortunately, now it reboots my PC the moment I hit Exit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you turned off the hardware sound acceleration in dxdiag?

b0nez
03-28-2005, 01:09 PM
right clk 0n my computer,hit properties.hit advanced tab-top.at bottom hit settings under "system startup,system failure".under system failure uncheck "automatically restart".pc wont restart on errors anymore.will now kick to desktop.turn down audio acceleration as stated above and u'll be fine..unless error is other than sound which is rare..